1. Arrow

Hands on: Alice: Madness Returns

A DECADE IS A long time between drinks. Released in 2000, American McGee’s Alice was a conceptually avant-garde product for an entertainment industry that was still maturing.

American McGee’s Alice painted a bleak future for Lewis Carroll’s character. McGee and the team at Rogue Entertainment proposed that Alice’s house was burned down after the events of Lewis’ novel, Through the Looking Glass, and Alice’s family was killed. Institutionalised at Rutledge asylum, Alice regressed deeper into her imagination but her withering grasp on reality and her increasingly psychotic condition had twisted Wonderland into a place of nightmare.

At the time, it was something of a radical premise for a videogame; Alice was the first M-rated game ever to be released by publisher Electronic Arts. Inevitably, it saw both critical and financial success, and deservedly achieved cult status with many gamers.
    Continue reading...

2. Post
    Honestly. I have never heard of it.

3. Post
    One of my fave games ever. Cant wait for the sequel. Seriously twisted take on Alice. Tim Burton has nothing on this.

4. Post
    Its going to be great if it is anything like the original was, which was ahead of its time.

5. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Honestly. I have never heard of it.
    What? Man you're missing out.

cryocore wrote:
    One of my fave games ever. Cant wait for the sequel. Seriously twisted take on Alice. Tim Burton has nothing on this.
    Bt wrote:
    Its going to be great if it is anything like the original was, which was ahead of its time.

6. Post
    Can't wait for this, loved the first

7. Post
    do want now