Extending Android Battery Life

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    or you could root your device and flash the kernal

2. Post
    Useful article but i have not try wiping battery stats.

3. Post
    Turn off WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/lower screen brightness and use GSM only mode, that will save battery,

4. Post
    If you have something like TouchWiz, something like Cyanogenmod can also help a lot.

5. Post
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful Thread, I'm gonna try what you suggested.

Thanks

6. Post
    thansk for sharing

7. Post
    Thanks for sharing!

8. Post
    I have found over the last few months with building roms and trying to tweak everything i can, the biggest wakelock i have is google play services. The easiest way to fix this is download app ops of the play store install it and reboot. Open it and go to google play services scroll to the bottom and disallow the keep awake option. This has dramatically helped my battery life.

9. Post
    ^yup

on CM and other amazing roms™ disable wake locks and keep awakes in privacy gaurd

+ http://www.androidauthority.com/wors...g-apps-564689/

10. Post
    Hi, my stock Note 3 battery is quite weird, researching and looking for decent batteries extending little more battery life, all I've come across is a 4500mah battery. It has been praised on A forum. Did you ever have slim extended battery? I need more advice, thank you.

11. Post
    The best solution I found is CM12's advanced privacy function where you can disable all apps from preventing your phone from going to sleep mode. The less no-sleep it has the more it has battery.

12. Post
    Would it be safe to assume that battery apps like Battery Doctor etc are rubbish?

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Would it be safe to assume that battery apps like Battery Doctor etc are rubbish?
    Yes.

Greenify may be marginally useful, mind you.

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yep. BetterBatteryStats is a good one (you might need root depending on which Android version you're on), you can get a full free version on A.

15. Post
    Sweet, thanks guys - have heard of Greenify, will give that a blat.

16. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Greenify is useful, mind you.
    ftfy

17. Post
    Sorry for the thread necro, I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their Nexus 6P in terms of battery life. Ever since I've updated my phone's software. It's been going dead flat within a day of full charge! when in the past it would go for a good run within 2 to 4 days on a good charge.

18. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Sorry for the thread necro, I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their Nexus 6P in terms of battery life. Ever since I've updated my phone's software. It's been going dead flat within a day of full charge! when in the past it would go for a good run within 2 to 4 days on a good charge.
    I often find that google play services and other google apps drain the most battery. Sometimes their updates keep my phone from getting into deep sleep, and it kills battery.

19. Post
    Great tips ! will definitely try

20. Post
    hm, sound good. Since my tablet battery is not good, I change some mode like this you shared here, and it's the thing I need although it's not the best thing i can do. I know that, but i didn't do it. So, poor me and poor anyone who did it like me.

21. Post
    why use yellow text? -.-

Good info tho