Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Smashed a PB on Leg Press yesterday.

300kg x 8

Was only going to do 1 Rep, but ended up doing 1 set, with some encouragement from Mettler, got it done.

2. Post
    How do you deadlift 120kg but leg press 300 for 8 :O

3. Post
    Huge quads and average everything else?

I dunno, still learning my limits with most exercises, but have always been able to push it with leg press. Only done 1 real deadlift session, so I probably need to focus on technique and flexibility more than weight, same goes for squats, cant get a deep range of motion on it yet.

4. Post
    DeazeNZ wrote:

300kg x 8

Was only going to do 1 Rep, but ended up doing 1 set, with some encouragement from Mettler, got it done.
    hahaha that was such a savage set, as if I'd let you get away with just one rep

5. Post
    DeazeNZ wrote:

300kg x 8

Always had lower back pain post heavy leg press - think i was bringing my knees too far down and curving my lower spine.

6. Post
    I've started the fighter pull up program to try and increase my max reps.

Name:  Pull Up.PNG
Views: 216
Size:  16.0 KB

Will report back on progress.

7. Post
    Just finished bench with 5x5 at 122.5. First time getting through all those reps at that weight. Happy.

8. Post
    what's your bodyweight at the moment Privoxy?

9. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    what's your bodyweight at the moment Privoxy?
    Sitting at 112.6 as of this morning

10. Post
    Haisley wrote:

Will report back on progress.
    report back?

I got a workout I do in my apt when I cbf hitting the gym
    10 pullups
    20 pressups
    10 kettlebell thrusters

10 sets down to 1/2/1

seems to work ok. Max pull ups is probably around 14.

11. Post
    double post

12. Post
    I maxed out at 15 pull ups. That's when all I was doing was pretty much calisthenics.

My current max is like 8-10 depending how gassed I am.

13. Post
    Pull ups are super easy if you do them constantly. A few years ago I could easily wide grip with 30kg plates on. Now I don't think I could do even three at body weight as I've not done them in a year or so.

But I'm a lot bigger and heaps stronger now than I was when doing pull-ups all the time.

14. Post
    So in march my bench was at 122.5, since then I've gotten it to 130 but can't seem to progress past that point. I need to mix things up I think.

15. Post
    first time I got 130 I also got 135 ,

how many days a week are you benching?

16. Post
    Just got back into weighted exercises after a 6 month-ish hiatus. Had been doing diamond and regular pressups in the interim to maintain a bit of strength, and managed bodyweight (81KG) bench press on my second session back in the gym!
    Pretty happy with that.

17. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    So in march my bench was at 122.5, since then I've gotten it to 130 but can't seem to progress past that point. I need to mix things up I think.
    Arnie says you should go vegan.

#gamechangers

18. Post
    Timmi wrote:
    first time I got 130 I also got 135 ,

how many days a week are you benching?
    I think my biggest problem is I don't have a spotter and nobody in my gym seems to speak english so a little awkward to ask (plus they're all tiny and I don't think they could save me if I failed).

Benching twice a week the last month but was previously doing three times.

19. Post
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 89kg

Deadlift: 112.5kg
    Squat: 90kg
    Benchpress: 70kg
    OHP: 60kg
    Everything is 5x5, are those ratios alrite or does something look lacking?

Currently been at the gym for 5 months and lost 20kg. Probably eating at maintenance or just under and do probably 10-15 mins of high intensity cardio at the end of a weight session. My lifts are slowly going up still. Doing a push, pull, legs, rest day routine.

Before that I was just doing a bro split program focused on keeping the heart rate up, so mostly supersets in the 10-12 rep range.

20. Post
    Your OHP seems very strong compared to the rest. Hope that bar is coming down to the too of your chest and you're not bouncing it back up with the knees.

21. Post
    https://www.boxrox.com/are-you-stron...io-calculator/

Helpful. Assuming you can do the Oly lifts to compare against.

22. Post
    Yeah doing correct technique, I'll bounce the last rep or two of the last set to get a bit more out of it. Used to swim competitively when I was younger so my shoulders always respond in kind when I get into the gym.

Have just started occasionally filming myself doing some of my lifts which I've found helpful. Had quite a bit of "butt wink" on my squat which I've rectified by jumping on the roller and dealing to my hammys before squatting. Do any of you squat low bar?

Haven't done any Oly lifts yet, do you get anything out of them or just something cool to know how much you can lift?

23. Post
    Oly lifts are like any other lift. Just more complex.

But the technique transfers across to other lifts. Like your squats, deads, and presses.