Page 1 of 26 123411 ... Last

1. Post
    I thought it was time that this sub-forum had a thread for dumping news and other info in. Use this thread to dump news that can't be placed into a show thread* or for more general news about non-nz networks.

*This includes shows that haven't had threads made about them and shows which aren't coming out for quite some time.

I'll leave this thread unstuck for the moment, but if there's sufficient interest I'll eventually sticky it.

2. Post
    NBC have picked up a Jason Isaacs pilot that sounds a lot like Life on Mars crossed with Inception
    Next season, the Peacock and the bunny are going to get it on.

NBC has picked up the potentially controversial project The Playboy Club to series.

The drama is set in 1963 and centers on the opening of the first Playboy Club in Chicago. The pilot from Chad Hodge raised eyebrows when the cast, which includes Amber Heard, David Krumholtz and Eddie Cibrian, was asked to agree to nudity clause ó typically unheard of on broadcast TV. The nude scenes are expected to only be used (if at all) for DVD and international versions of the show.

NBC also gave the greenlight to two other dramas today Ė Awake is from Kyle Killen follows the simultaneous and parallel lives of a detective who can not let go of any aspect of his fractured family after a horrible car accident (itís been described as Inception for TV). Besides Isaacs, it also features Wilmer Valderrama and Steve Harris.

The third pick up Grimm, a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimmís Fairy Tales exist. It stars David Giuntoli, Bitsie Tulloch and Kate Burton.

The Peacock has already picked up Prime Suspect, the series adaption of the acclaimed Brit miniseries and Steven Spielbergís musical drama Smash. For comedies, it is going with a Christina Applegate starrer about a working mother, along with another laugher from stand-up comic Whitney Cummings about a young couple in a committed relationship.

Also in the current NBC news-pocalypse pre-upfront frenzy: NBC has renewed Chuck for a final season, has cancelled The Event, has rejected Wonder Woman and greenlit Chelsea Handlerís sitcom.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/12/nb...-isaacs-drama/

The playboy programme sounds interesting as well. One or two of the main networks seem to be jumping on the Mad Men era bandwagon: ABC with Pan-am and the BBC with The Hour (which has McNulty).

3. Post
    The other big news item at the moment is Netflix.

They're already doing a big remake of House of Cards with Kevin Spacey and David Fincher. But the CEO has also hinted that Netflix may fill DirectTV's shoes and pick-up cancelled shows
    http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2011...-and-baseball/

4. Post
    Happy Endings got renewed, for an unknown number of episodes. This makes me a happy camper.

Also Mr. Sunshine got cancelled, which no one cares about because it was boring and not funny.

From what I've heard, all the big NBC comedies:
    The Office
    Community
    Parks and Recreation
    30 Rock
    are back next season too.

Courtesy of Charlie Day's Twitter, the Always Sunny crew are currently in the middle of filming Season 7

5. Post
    victorious wrote:
    Happy Endings
    The Office
    Community
    Parks and Recreation

are back next season too.

6. Post

Also, the much bitched about Wonder Women remake has not been picked up by NBC. It's a shame for Adrianne Palicki. She can't find a decent product that will stick.
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/anal...for-abcs-hulk/

7. Post
    victorious wrote:

Courtesy of Charlie Day's Twitter, the Always Sunny crew are currently in the middle of filming Season 7
    Man whatever happened to that scif/comedy show those guys were working on.

8. Post
    Good thread will add stuff when I find it.

9. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Man whatever happened to that scif/comedy show those guys were working on.
    Has been shelved, they shot the pilot and weren't happy with it and now It's Always Sunny is still going they simply don't have time.

10. Post
    Wheres the sci fi at?

11. Post
    I guess Blood and Chrome should be getting close.

12. Post
    refused wrote:
    Wheres the sci fi at?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_%28TV_series%29

13. Post
    From what I've read Netflix may pick up The Event even

14. Post
    Oh apparently Outsourced got cancelled.
    And nothing of value was lost.

15. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    From what I've read Netflix may pick up The Event even
    Say what? Does it even have a following?
    I'm watching it but I know its shit - Infact I enjoy laughing about how crap it is.

I'm guessing they realised they weren't gonna get another Season when they were filming the second part of the series, because they ramped it up and starting killing people off left right and center.

16. Post
    http://thevoiceoftv.com/tv/cat/nbc-fall-preview-2011/

this site is pretty decent for some networks show updates etc

17. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    NBC have picked up a Jason Isaacs pilot that sounds a lot like Life on Mars crossed with Inception
    Hello Jason Isaacs

18. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    http://thevoiceoftv.com/tv/cat/nbc-fall-preview-2011/

this site is pretty decent for some networks show updates etc
    Good link!

The adaptation of Prime Suspect looks a bit sus. She looks more like a hipster than a cop.

19. Post
    p00pty wrote:
    Hello Jason Isaacs

20. Post

21. Post
    So apparently 30 Rock is being held til mid-season, which means we probably won't get new eps until next year (due to Tina Fey being pregnant).

and Sh!t My Dad Says is officially cancelled (not sure if this is old news). Thank f*ck.

22. Post
    Charlie Sheen: Ashton's Going Down With the Ship.

Charlie tells TMZ, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!!"

Charlie continues, taking a shot at the show, saying, "Enjoy the show America. Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB." Essentially, Charlie is saying the age group that supported him is going to tune out.

Charlie adds, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there." Of course, Charlie is referring to his nemesis, "Men" creator and Executive Producer Chuck Lorre.
    Epic stuff sheen

23. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    I watched the pilot of Mad Love. It was so bad.

24. Post
    mr. sunshine got cancelled?

25. Post
    falco wrote:
    mr. sunshine got cancelled?
    Did you really like it? I hardly laughed at the whole series. I can't even remember anyone's name, and I only finished watching it last week.
    Even the (non-Portia deRossi) blonde from Better Off Ted couldn't save it.