Page 1 of 56 12341151 ... Last

1. Arrow

2. Post
    ...good to see the stereotype nerd is still alive and kicking

3. Post
    oh dear...

4. Post
    I proud of the team for making a genuine effort familiarise themselves with the game from the inside out, and, in some cases, step outside their comfort zone in doing so. Whether or not they are athletic really isn't an issue, so long as they have a good feel for the sport they are portraying

5. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    mmario wrote:
    oh dear...

Good to be familiar with the content you're trying to emulate! I have great expectations for this game, looking forward to it.

6. Post
    i would have thought it would be more constructive to have professionals of the sport play the game while its being developed and offer feedback...it would be 1 of the many spin-off jobs a professional athlete can do instead of coaching/advertising.

Its all good to get out there and spend 1 day training, but youre still novice to the sport no matter which way you look at it

7. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    i would have thought it would be more constructive to have professionals of the sport play the game while its being developed and offer feedback...
    You mean like Jonah Lomu?

Sidhe staff have been attending games, playing Rugby, and generally immersing themselves in the sport, and rugby players have taken part in the process in various capacities. Naturally, we've had Jonah's input as well.

8. Post
    I would aspire to become a professional athlete just to have said job

9. Post
    This is one game this year, which i am looking forward to.

So i hope it doesn't fail.

10. Post
    Imagine this in reverse..a pro rugby playing coming in to have a look at game development

11. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    so what's the stereotype?

12. Post
    stil wrote:
    so what's the stereotype?

13. Post
    RedNZ wrote:
    i would have thought it would be more constructive to have professionals of the sport play the game while its being developed and offer feedback...
    That would be useful, but I wouldn't have thought it would be more constructive.

Ensuring that the nerds people coding the game actually understand in detail the sport they're trying to simulate would be extremely important, I imagine. Cool to see how Sidhe went about that.

14. Post
    Milla wrote:
    I proud of the team for making a genuine effort familiarise themselves with the game from the inside out, and, in some cases, step outside their comfort zone in doing so. Whether or not they are athletic really isn't an issue, so long as they have a good feel for the sport they are portraying
    I agree

15. Post
    mmario wrote:
    Imagine this in reverse..a pro rugby playing coming in to have a look at game development
    Jonah came into the office for a day and checked out the studio, and each department demonstrated the fundamentals in what they do. I'm sure it was an eye opener for him.

16. Post
    Egor wrote:
    That would be useful, but I wouldn't have thought it would be more constructive.

Ensuring that the nerds people coding the game actually understand in detail the sport they're trying to simulate would be extremely important, I imagine. Cool to see how Sidhe went about that.
    I agree with Egor.

17. Post
    Another making of video out - stadiums

18. Post

About time we had another rugby game, been stuck living in the past with Rugby 08 with terrible rosters haha. Would love to help you guys uhhh test the games out if necessary

19. Post
    BrockaLee wrote:

About time we had another rugby game, been stuck living in the past with Rugby 08 with terrible rosters haha. Would love to help you guys uhhh test the games out if necessary
    Well, you can always sign on to do usability testing, if you're in Wellington:

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/s...ad.php?t=40943

That said, you're not likely to end up testing Rugby Challenge

20. Post
    Gutting, from the South Island.

Ah wells, looking forward to grabbing it in stores then haha. Do you guys have a deadline for the RWC (I guess that's what you mean by Q3) or just as soon as everything is complete/tested/tweaked etc?

21. Post
    We haven't announced a release date yet. We have said it will be out in time for the Rugby World Cup though, so that should give you an idea

22. Post
    Fun videos to watch, brilliant idea for the creators

23. Post
    Out of all the releases this year, this is right at the top of, must have. But i do hope Sidhe pull this one off.

Jonah Lomu Rugby days were great.

24. Post
    Was someone's job title "Project Vision Holder"?

LOL

25. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Was someone's job title "Project Vision Holder"?

LOL
    That's just one of Tyrone's roles within the Rugby Challenge team.

He's a cofounder and director of the company, and a programmer, who is also the person at the core of the game's direction, hence 'Vision Holder'.