Results 1 to 22 of 22

  1. Arrow
    #1

    News: First Mortal Kombat DLC confirmed

    A folkloric character from Mortal Kombat II will be at the centre of the first downloadable content pack for NetherRealm’s recently released Mortal Kombat.
    Continue reading...

  2. Post
    #2
    Awesome, hopefully this includes the netcode patch + some retro costumes.

  3. Post
    #3
    Stop the presses! Only part of the info we've known for months? Confirmation of a character who's model is already in-game, NRS have talked about, and we've seen leaked gameplay footage of on Youtube?

    At least they confirmed a date for... Oh. Well, close enough.

  4. Post
    #4
    The character in the game currently is incomplete from the videos I saw.

  5. Post
    #5
    Morgs wrote:
    Stop the presses! Only part of the info we've known for months? Confirmation of a character who's model is already in-game, NRS have talked about, and we've seen leaked gameplay footage of on Youtube?

    At least they confirmed a date for... Oh. Well, close enough.
    What's with all the hate? the "gameplay" you've seen is a hacked placeholder which doesn't have any moves. NRS confirmed before the game was released that no DLC would be on disc. Also, what's the problem - it wasn't the character you hoped for or something? Something for free (hopefully) compared to the other crims that charge for DLC is more than you're entitled too.

  6. Post
    #6
    Kharmis wrote:
    What's with all the hate? the "gameplay" you've seen is a hacked placeholder which doesn't have any moves. NRS confirmed before the game was released that no DLC would be on disc. Also, what's the problem - it wasn't the character you hoped for or something? Something for free (hopefully) compared to the other crims that charge for DLC is more than you're entitled too.
    Wait, who said it would be free?

  7. Post
    #7
    exis wrote:
    Wait, who said it would be free?
    You didn't see the (hopefully)?

  8. Post
    #8
    I've been misread, apparently, as has the article.

    The character model *is* in the game - in Shao Kahn's arena. Did I say the fully playable character is in the game as-is? NO. Also, placeholder or no, I've seen her into/win animation and a fatality. I think that's enough to say I've seen leaked gameplay footage.

    I like Skarlett, but this is not news by any stretch of the imagination.

    Also, "something for free (hopefully)" completely ignores the artivle, which states "Red ninja Skarlet will be offered as a playable character in addition to “some free stuff,” announced Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon.

    I'll gladly pay for pretty much any MK DLC, to be honest.

  9. Post
    #9
    HerbalSuicide wrote:
    You didn't see the (hopefully)?
    I just figured it must have been implied somewhere, because otherwise there's zero reason to even think it's a possibility.

  10. Post
    #10
    Morgs wrote:
    Stop the presses! Only part of the info we've known for months? Confirmation of a character who's model is already in-game, NRS have talked about, and we've seen leaked gameplay footage of on Youtube?

    At least they confirmed a date for... Oh. Well, close enough.
    you are a cock.

  11. Post
    #11
    Android Grim wrote:
    you are a cock.
    well said

  12. Post
    #12
    In other news, the US say they might have a bead on where Osama is...

  13. Post
    #13
    Morgs wrote:
    I've been misread, apparently, as has the article.

    The character model *is* in the game - in Shao Kahn's arena. Did I say the fully playable character is in the game as-is? NO. Also, placeholder or no, I've seen her into/win animation and a fatality. I think that's enough to say I've seen leaked gameplay footage.

    I like Skarlett, but this is not news by any stretch of the imagination.

    Also, "something for free (hopefully)" completely ignores the artivle, which states "Red ninja Skarlet will be offered as a playable character in addition to “some free stuff,” announced Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon.

    I'll gladly pay for pretty much any MK DLC, to be honest.
    I still don't understand what you're getting at.. You seem upset because you're getting a character as DLC which you've seen "leaked gameplay" of.

    exis wrote:
    I just figured it must have been implied somewhere, because otherwise there's zero reason to even think it's a possibility.
    The only implying I've seen are tweets from Ed Boon about some free DLC content & "looking after" the people who currently own the game due to complaints about not being able to play online/redeem kode due the psn store being down still. Yes it's speculation.

    More patch details can be found here http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/285987360 @ 1.55.34

  14. Post
    #14
    Yeah, you still don't get it. I like the DLC, but this is not news. How many times do I have to say "stop the presses", "this is not news" before you understand that's my point?

  15. Post
    #15
    Morgs wrote:
    I've been misread, apparently, as has the article.

    The character model *is* in the game - in Shao Kahn's arena. Did I say the fully playable character is in the game as-is? NO. Also, placeholder or no, I've seen her into/win animation and a fatality. I think that's enough to say I've seen leaked gameplay footage.
    On the list of replies I didn't misread you at all, thanks. I still don't think a placeholder with scratchy content qualifies as a complete character nor an indication that the developers would follow through on providing that character later, there is always the possibility of something getting dropped.

    Plus not everyone follows every little detail of what people manage to hack or exploit out of games.

    While people expected DLC for the game (seeing all the different pre-order content and the DLC slots) still therefor confirmation of official announcement of the coming DLC seems a reasonable thing to list as news.

  16. Post
    #16
    Morgs wrote:
    Yeah, you still don't get it. I like the DLC, but this is not news. How many times do I have to say "stop the presses", "this is not news" before you understand that's my point?
    Wow you're a queer, ever heard the term any news is good news? Can just imagine you QQ'ing all over youtube vids of leaked content

  17. Post
    #17
    Estumas wrote:
    On the list of replies I didn't misread you at all, thanks.
    And I didn't address you at all, thanks.


    Estumas wrote:
    I still don't think a placeholder with scratchy content qualifies as a complete character nor an indication that the developers would follow through on providing that character later, there is always the possibility of something getting dropped.

    Plus not everyone follows every little detail of what people manage to hack or exploit out of games.

    While people expected DLC for the game (seeing all the different pre-order content and the DLC slots) still therefore confirmation of official announcement of the coming DLC seems a reasonable thing to list as news.
    Since you and Kharmis are so sure the there's no good video evidence prior to this, how about this?



    First result if you search "Skarlett Mortal Kombat". Combos, special moves, X-Ray, Fatality, Intro animation... I'd say that's pretty damn close to complete. Only thing missing is her knives. Also, Boon has been posting teasers and talking about Skarlett for months. Even here, someone posted a leaked list of characters, which included Skarlett (but missed Cyber Sub Zero).

    While we're talking about how unsure we can be when there's so much blatant evidence, because there's "always the possibility of something getting dropped" - we're talking about the same company who followed through with releasing the horrid MK: Special Forces game, even after it cause co-founder Jon Tobias to quit Midway halfway through production. They don't drop anything.


    Kharmis wrote:
    Wow you're a queer, ever heard the term any news is good news? Can just imagine you QQ'ing all over youtube vids of leaked content
    Imagine away, I don't comment on Youtube at all. Thanks for all the direct insults by the way, guys. Just dynamite.

  18. Post
    #18
    Morgs wrote:
    While we're talking about how unsure we can be when there's so much blatant evidence, because there's "always the possibility of something getting dropped" - we're talking about the same company who followed through with releasing the horrid MK: Special Forces game, even after it cause co-founder Jon Tobias to quit Midway halfway through production. They don't drop anything.
    Midway don't exist any more, we're dealing with WB Games, bro. We don't know how WB run all their respective studios, Ed Boon could be on a short leash for all we know.

  19. Post
    #19
    If anything, all evidence points to the opposite. "Netherrealm Studios" (formerly Midway Chicago) seem to have much more freedom than before, less pressure on release dates, less restriction on communication with fans/media. Boon et al have always planned to have solid DLC, and made it plain as day. Also, since MK sold incredibly well there would have to be some complete retards at WBG in order to put a halt to plans for more money in the immediate future.

  20. Post
    #20
    We all know Skarlett is coming out, have for months.. What are you crying about? GP posting it as news?

  21. Post
    #21
    It truly amazes me how many times I had to say exactly that (hell, my first words were "Stop the presses!") for you to realise that. You even tried to fight me on my evidence for knowing Skarlet would be DLC, despite your newly displayed view of agreement all along. I have to wonder what your point in all this is.

  22. Post
    #22
    You're still ignoring this:
    Estumas wrote:
    Plus not everyone follows every little detail of what people manage to hack or exploit out of games.
    Just because it isn't news to you doesn't mean that it isn't to others here.