Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    Holy. ****ing. Shit.

3. Post
    Jizzed in my pants.

So shiny.

Reminds me of BC2 to an extent, but I'm sure it will be way different to BC2.

4. Post
    So guns wise:

Starts off with M16/M4 with a 4x scope. Scope customisation is making a comeback (Unsurprising really)
    In the kill-feed at this point you can see a kill with the SVD, Pacheneg (A modernised PKM), AK74M popping up in the kill-feed too

Juding by the kill-feed the vehicle is an LAV-25

19 seconds, a SCAR-H with a scope? Maybe a SCAR-H, just guessing by the look of the rail on top and how it has a fair bit of recoil compared to other footage we've seen (Also in the kill-feed we see a kill with the MP-433, so the grach pistol is making a comeback)

21 seconds another M4/M16 (Which is confirmed in the kill-feed as he kills someone, M4A1)

22 seconds - M16 this time, you can see in the kill feed

26 seconds - Insta-kill knife makes a come back, with a bit of a cooler animation this time by the look of it

30 seconds - PKM or maybe a Pacheneg with a 4x scope

33 seconds - AK74U with a silencer by the look of it

34 seconds - M249 I think

35 seconds - M9 pistol

36 seconds - M1110 sniper rifle (awww yeah, this gun is bad ass) Mean bit of building destruction there. Looks like it knocks him off his feet and kills him too. Seems like Dice were true to their word about explosions etc. knocking infantry off their feet. Will make vehicle combat in urban areas pretty intense. Although, if you look closely at this bit, he gets killed by a frag grenade, so maybe there was one lying on the ground)

Other things to note - Still got the +100 ENEMY KILLED stuff that pops up

There's a health %age bar in the bottom right above ammo. Can't tell if it refills when we're only seeing 1 or 2 second clips

5. Post
    hmmm.

Obviously graphically it looks like the ****ing bees knees, and from the couple of 'open area' shots the gameplay looked like pretty classic battlefield which is awesome.

Though to me it sort of looks like they are trying to merge the 'corridor shooter' type of game (ala CoD) with the classical open area Battlefield type of game (this is backed up by adding in a TDM mode which is most def. not battlefield style). None of the classic BF games have highly detailed and intricate indoor settings due to the game being an infantry AND vehicle based game but it looks like the may be trying to incorporate that into BF3.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a new direction and I really hope they don't **** it up, as long as they stick to thier roots and keep the action flowing indoors AND outdoors I will be happy, If they release the game with infantry only based maps etc I will be pretty gutted.

Seems they are trying to grab the CoD market + the existing Battlefield market and make them all happy with one game, which if they can do right will be awesome as it will be a huge community.

Edit: Actually rewatching the video, really not happy about all the huge "kill assist 10 points" - "enemy down 100 points" bullshit popping up in the middle of the screen, definatly trying to bring in the CoD gimmick of points / "OH YOU KILLED A GUY GRATZ HERES 100 POINTS AND A BIG MESSAGE FOR U!!!!! "

6. Post
    elemunk wrote:
    hmmm.

Obviously graphically it looks like the ****ing bees knees, and from the couple of 'open area' shots the gameplay looked like pretty classic battlefield which is awesome.

Though to me it sort of looks like they are trying to merge the 'corridor shooter' type of game (ala CoD) with the classical open area Battlefield type of game (this is backed up by adding in a TDM mode which is most def. not battlefield style). None of the classic BF games have highly detailed and intricate indoor settings due to the game being an infantry AND vehicle based game but it looks like the may be trying to incorporate that into BF3.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a new direction and I really hope they don't **** it up, as long as they stick to thier roots and keep the action flowing indoors AND outdoors I will be happy, If they release the game with infantry only based maps etc I will be pretty gutted.

Seems they are trying to grab the CoD market + the existing Battlefield market and make them all happy with one game, which if they can do right will be awesome as it will be a huge community.

Edit: Actually rewatching the video, really not happy about all the huge "kill assist 10 points" - "enemy down 100 points" bullshit popping up in the middle of the screen, definatly trying to bring in the CoD gimmick of points / "OH YOU KILLED A GUY GRATZ HERES 100 POINTS AND A BIG MESSAGE FOR U!!!!! "
    I agree with what you're saying, but Remember this map may not be for bit conquest style gameplay, might just be for Rush and TDM perhaps, looks like a specifically RUSH map to me.

BC2 had the big points notification writing too and it wasn't exactly the apocalypse that most BF players act like it is. It didn't kill the game is what I'm saying, even though BC2 wasn't a true Battlefield game. We knew it was going to have a levelling system, and people do like to know how their levelling is progressing, the +100 stuff is just a bit of positive reinforcement. The hardcore gamers don't really need it, but it's nice for the casuals, it doesn't impinge upon your gameplaying, it pops up right down the bottom of the screen.

I think that this map only had detailed indoor stuff because there was no outdoor action in that part of the map. I'd imagine the rest of the indoor parts through the rest of MP will be less detailed more along the lines of the insides of buildings in BC2

7. Post
    And remember hardcore removes all those popups, though they weren't that bad in BC2. At least not compared to CoD.

I'm just loving the animations, like how he jumped over the ledge/off the building. HE HAD LEGS!!!!

8. Post
    Epic trailer.
    When that building fell down in front of him in the last scene I almost jizzed. If that wasn't scripted, I don't know what to believe anymore.

9. Post
    Looks good can't wait

10. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    Epic trailer.
    When that building fell down in front of him in the last scene I almost jizzed. If that wasn't scripted, I don't know what to believe anymore.
    It's scripted per say, as in that edge of the building will always collapse like that. Much like BC2's "dynamic" destruction of buildings

11. Post
    I jizzed , this looks amazing.

12. Post
    I hate the one hit knife kills.

13. Post
    I'm loving the inner city environments

14. Post
    Look mint! pumped for this to be released !

15. Post
    Looks pretty sweet, wish they would lose that music though, grinds on my ears.

16. Post
    werewolves? wrote:

Theres nothing wrong with it, as long as there some skills involved like in Bf2 and 2142. knife lunge like in BC2 requires no skill at all. Knifing in BF2 and 2142 actually required the player to aim and correctly time the knife slash in order to hit the target.

Without 1 hit kill knife, you'd have the css effect, where you have to knife them so many times, the knife becomes useless unless you're out of ammo and even then its useless unless your enemy is out of ammo too.

BF2/2142 had a good mix. One hit kills, but requires aiming and timing skills to hit target.

17. Post

18. Post
    I hope there is more open, cleaner maps.

Wake island was the BESTTTTT

19. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    I think CS:S has knife kills done right where one hit kills are only able to be done from behind.

20. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    It's scripted per say, as in that edge of the building will always collapse like that. Much like BC2's "dynamic" destruction of buildings
    First of all, don't try to use phrases you can neither spell nor understand. Secondly, learn what 'scripted' means. Good lord, never has so much fail been packed into two sentences.

21. Post
    iamaelephant wrote:
    First of all, don't try to use phrases you can neither spell nor understand. Secondly, learn what 'scripted' means. Good lord, never has so much fail been packed into two sentences.
    I don't quite understand what you're getting at? Explain further? I don't quite understand what exactly was so wrong with what he said. I'm pretty sure scripted is a word and that he spelt it correctly

22. Post
    iamaelephant wrote:
    lol you're tool.

23. Post
    Looks like BC2

24. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Looks similar to BC2, because it's built on an updated/improved/rebuilt version of the same engine and the game mode is Rush, but it looks a shit tonne better
    FTFY

25. Post
    From the trailer it seems a lot like BC2 with prone added, better graphics & effects, plus a level up on destructible environments. I really hope they fix the weapon mechanics to reflect closer to BF2 where sometimes switching to semi-auto was the only way to hit people. BC2 seems like once you're in someones sights you're dead because the weapons are too darn accurate. I believe console is the reason for this, sif you could hit someone on BF2 using a controller. It's still very early to judge but from the trailer it has me a little worried. Also I think that BC2 infantry feels more similar to COD than BF2 infantry.