Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post

3. Post
    So, what I got from Karl-Magnus's comments is that Battlefield has "bigger width" and "more depth" than COD.

I see what he did there.

4. Post
    wow the more i learn about bf3 the less i like it.

5. Post
    They've given the assault guy medic capabilities? Fail. I expect to see more grenade ***s (ala MW2).

6. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    They've given the assault guy medic capabilities? Fail. I expect to see more grenade ***s (ala MW2).

The game will have grenade spam, in fact one of the DICE devs was quoted as saying on day 1, the first thing he'll be doing is spamming grenades.

7. Post
    That was the good thing about BC2. Sure there are wookies, but they only get you when you're really exposed or stationary. Maps like Cold War rush were horrible though. No tactics or skill at all. It just came down to who could lob the most explosives.

8. Post
    It's probably gonna be a lot less spammy than bc2.
    The way they've remixed the classes means that the grenade launcher class no longer has ammo boxes. Also most assault/medics will choose defibs instead of the grenade launcher (you can't have both), as you'll lvl up a lot faster that way.

9. Post
    Karl-M reminds me of Buster from Arrested Development.

10. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    how does having medic capabilities mean more grenade spam? that should mean less grenade spam. The LMG class will probably be the one supplying ammo now and therefore more likely to spam nades, but nade spam in BC2 was nowhere near as bad as ANY cod game anyway.

11. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    In BF2 the Medic was just an assault person without a grenade launcher (and I think slightly more body armour?), so its not really much different.

12. Post
    They had a good talk about it I think.

13. Post
    Destructible fašades? Guess I've been confusing scripted destruction examples as being an advancement on destructible environments.

14. Post
    Uzi wrote:
    Destructible fašades? Guess I've been confusing scripted destruction examples as being an advancement on destructible environments.

Mhm, I was expecting whole 3-4 story buildings to be dynamic, enterable and destructable, but thats not the case in BF3.

15. Post
    3dfx wrote:
    They had a good talk about it I think.
    Yeah, it makes more sense anyway for the Assault to have medic capabilities if they are bringing back the Support class, which hopefully will be giving out the ammo.

16. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Mhm, I was expecting whole 3-4 story buildings to be dynamic, enterable and destructable, but thats not the case in BF3.
    Nope, sounds like a step backward due to more complex environments tbh.

A workable solution would be daunting to tackle, but fašades only seems a bit canned.

17. Post
    Uzi wrote:
    Nope, sounds like a step backward due to more complex environments tbh.

A workable solution would be daunting to tackle, but fašades only seems a bit canned.

A solution should have been implemented. As it stands, it's going to feel like a step backwards when I fly over with a jet and drop a 2,000 pound bomb on top of a building only to the have the facade fall down.

Then again, those bigger building structures were only seen on the rush demo, so perhaps conquest(only conquest has jets too) has diffrent assets similiar to the small BC2 houses which were more destructable.

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    A solution should have been implemented. As it stands, it's going to feel like a step backwards when I fly over with a jet and drop a 20,000 pound bomb on top of a building only to the have the facade fall down.
    Ideally it would have been nice I agree.

19. Post
    What!? So the buildings are indestructible? Only the outside walls can collapse? That's pretty much a step back to Frostbite 1.0 where buildings never collapsed. Meh.

On a side note, played BC2 for the first time in a long while last night. So freaking epic. The game never fails to deliver. BF3 has some big shoes to fill imo.

20. Post
    EA Strikes again with an impressive trailer and previews that hide all the bugs problems and exaggerate the effects actually in the game with good editing.

21. Post
    DICE you mean? But anyway, after actually watching the video, they will still have fully destructible houses, just not large 3+ story buildings. Which tbh, isn't much different to BC2.

22. Post
    Luoson wrote:
    EA Strikes again with an impressive trailer and previews that hide all the bugs problems and exaggerate the effects actually in the game with good editing.
    *looks at first BF2 trailers*

23. Post
    why don't they make the players interchangeable like you could use a med kit to any class or an ammo box to any class that why it stops all the moaning about it or just be-able to to switch between them in the medic class and assault class.. hmm or not sounds stupid now that iv written it down

24. Post
    Because Battlefield is proper a class-based, team-focused game. Every class is balanced to play a specific role in the squad/team. This isn't a free-for-all, brainless, casualfest like CoD.

CoD's "classes" are a joke, they're just preset gear loadouts in reality.

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    CoD's "classes" are a joke, they're just preset gear loadouts in reality.
    BF's are not?
    As far as I noticed, all that differentiated classes in any BF game was the gear you wore/carried.