Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4372

1. Post
    You absolutely do not need to create enemies when there are 2 episodes left

2. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    Why wouldn't people complain about shitty writing in a show that got big because the writing wasn't shitty?
    Read the books and then say the series was the same. They changed a lot of things.
    It isn't a happy story. It's violent, nasty, bad people succeed, good people lose, all the rich are fighting each other to be the biggest prick around and continue to treat everyone else like dirt cause they're so entitled and then people get all upset because their favorite characters don't do what they thought should happen and such.

I don't know, seems to be going the way the books did. Just when things seem ok, it's a stuff up again, more deaths, more back stabbing, more plotting and people not getting what they think they should etc.
    And reading the maybe spoilers floating about the net, doesn't surprise me at all that certain people end up possibly dead.

Leaving what most sane people would think is not a happy ending.

But then look at history, that is how our history went, hell even the UK royal lot, consisted of exactly the same sort of stuff, minus the dragons etc - for ages.

3. Post
    Scene with Tyrio promises to give him Highgarden after Daenerys defeats Cersei. Jaime refuses to do so, claiming the castle will never belong to a cutthroat, - Bronn reminding him that all the Great Houses were founded by such people.

yep.
    Big pricks with biggest weapons.

4. Post
    The writing is pretty shockingly bad. All they had to do was connect the dots. You could see signs of it in the past couple seasons, but the existing story was strong enough to carry them, and they didn't have to achieve a lot plot wise.

I'm actually pretty blown away that after two years they couldn't just fill in the blanks with competence. You can achieve the exact same plot without having people either make totally retarded decisions or be super OP. No one should be expecting The Wire here, but half of these scenes play out like they're written as poor fan fiction or something.

Super disappointing. It's still enjoyable, just so much easily avoidable dumb shit. Especially when they took two years to make it. It feels like they don't give a shit, which is unfathomable given the standing of the show.

5. Post
    I don't think the showrunners have any talent for writing new material. What are their credentials any way? One of them wrote Troy?

6. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    I don't think the showrunners have any talent for writing new material. What are their credentials any way? One of them wrote Troy?
    I can't wait to see how big of a trainwreck their star wars trilogy is going to be

7. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    Benioff is a fairly accomplished author (both movies and novels), the other guy is his mate I'm pretty sure (basically no previous experience).

8. Post
    They dragged out 3/4 of the show and rushed the last quarter. Weird pacing.

I love how medieval ballista have the power and accuracy of 20th Century naval cannons.

9. Post
    JPAR wrote:
    The writing is pretty shockingly bad. All they had to do was connect the dots. You could see signs of it in the past couple seasons, but the existing story was strong enough to carry them, and they didn't have to achieve a lot plot wise.

I'm actually pretty blown away that after two years they couldn't just fill in the blanks with competence. You can achieve the exact same plot without having people either make totally retarded decisions or be super OP. No one should be expecting The Wire here, but half of these scenes play out like they're written as poor fan fiction or something.

Super disappointing. It's still enjoyable, just so much easily avoidable dumb shit. Especially when they took two years to make it. It feels like they don't give a shit, which is unfathomable given the standing of the show.
    Yep 2 years reading other peoples ideas in how this should all end then copy and paste.

Brienne shagging Jamie was really the proof we needed.

10. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    You absolutely do not need to create enemies when there are 2 episodes left
    It helps though since it's just Cersei, The Mountain, Euron, Qyburn plus untold nameless cannon fodder.

Whereas the others are Dany, Dragons, Jon, Tyrion, Varys, Grey Worm, Hound, Arya, Sansa, Ser Davos, Asha, Jaime, Ser Brienne et cetera et al, albeit this alliance is shaky at best. It tilts me that they spelt Jaime like that.

11. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    It tilts me that they spelt Jaime like that.
    "They"? That's how grrm spelt it.

12. Post
    Yes ok him. Perhaps you think he's above criticism but Jaime is one of two things:

A) Spanish "Hi-meh"
    B) The product of dyslexic parents who also spell Michael as "Micheal" or Reuben as "Rueben."
    Last edited by S.E.D.; 9th May 2019 at 12:18 pm.

13. Post
    I don't give a shit what it means in Spanish, that's just how it is in the Song of Ice and Fire universe. Lots of the names are spelt strangely for one reason or another. It might be to give it a foreign kind of feel.

14. Post
    Disappointed zombie Hodor didn't show up to give Bran a scare.
    Also that there wasn't more carnage for those hiding in the crypt. Because that was ****ing stupid, and they all deserved to die there.
    I'd also have liked Arya to be 'infected' by the night kings magic, when he died. and give some kind of hope to their being a night queen. Or, you know, actually have the Zombie Horde win and kill everyone.

15. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    This would have been epic

16. Post
    Why? It would've just been another brainless monster

17. Post
    Unsettled wrote:
    Also that there wasn't more carnage for those hiding in the crypt. Because that was ****ing stupid, and they all deserved to die there.
    I'd also have liked Arya to be 'infected' by the night kings magic, when he died. and give some kind of hope to their being a night queen. Or, you know, actually have the Zombie Horde win and kill everyone.
    These are all just your own ideas rather than critiques of the show.

I do hope there is some significant reference to the WWs going forward though. And I forget the details but there is supposed to be a Night Queen. The show dropped a lot of that stuff, the NK was only a mysterious legend in the books.

18. Post
    Maybe someone else can answer something a friend pointed out to me, how did Arya use the dagger she gave Sansa on the Night King? She literally handed her this dagger and said when asked how to use it, stick them with the pointy end. Then it’s back with her for using on the NK?

19. Post
    Read the books when he's done.
    A lot of what happened in the series didn't happen in books.
    Sansas rape for instance.

Tyrion meeting Dragon lady, at end of books he'd just escaped the salvers and joined some mercenaries, meanwhile she'd flown off on her dragon, doesn't even know he exists.

So however it goes in the series sin't necessarily how the books will go.

20. Post
    "So however it goes in the series sin't necessarily how the books will go."
    That's the hope I cling to.

If memory serves me, Dany was getting captured by a rival Dothraki clan and Tyrion was involving himself with the Golden Company. "Young Griff" the supposed Argon Targaryen had landed surreptitiously in Westeros and the Dornish were trying to hook up with Dany and her "fire and blood".

I wish fat boy would write faster.

21. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    He'd be done years ago if he wasn't constantly dicking around with side projects no-one cares about

22. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    He'd be done years ago if he wasn't constantly dicking around with side projects no-one cares about
    Yeah. I get mad every time he releases a book that's not ASOIAF. Stop wasting time you fat bastard.

23. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    "So however it goes in the series sin't necessarily how the books will go."
    That's the hope I cling to.

If memory serves me, Dany was getting captured by a rival Dothraki clan and Tyrion was involving himself with the Golden Company. "Young Griff" the supposed Argon Targaryen had landed surreptitiously in Westeros and the Dornish were trying to hook up with Dany and her "fire and blood".

Wikipedia:
    Nevertheless, there was general concern about whether Martin would be able to stay ahead of the show.[77] As a result, head writers Benioff and Weiss learned more future plot points from Martin in 2013 to help them set up the show's new possible seasons. This included the end stories for all the core characters.

24. Post
    Both the show and book branched out way too much and didn't think about the ending(or were denied the amount of episodes they needed). I doubt GRRM will ever release a 7th book but at least he knows a few things to avoid if by some miracle he did write it.

25. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    Wikipedia:
    Nevertheless, there was general concern about whether Martin would be able to stay ahead of the show.[77] As a result, head writers Benioff and Weiss learned more future plot points from Martin in 2013 to help them set up the show's new possible seasons. This included the end stories for all the core characters.
    I'm aware of that but I'm also aware what grrms writing looks like compared to these tv munters. The last page of the show and the books might look the same but it will be from a totally different angle.