Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    Probably end up reading the books by that time, anyone have ideas on the cheapest place to pick em up?
    Sorry sir but you are going to have to move this part of your post to the other game of thrones thread, thanks.

2. Post
    Finally got around to getting this, just finished Six Feet Under Season 3 now moving on to this, first episode was quite amazing enjoying the characters impressed that they killed off that kid, but I guess that guy is quite a badass.

3. Post
    THE THINGS HE DOES FOR LOVE

4. Post
    HAHAHAAH HES JUST A CHILD, "pushes child" I HATE CHILDREN!!!

5. Post
    Jaime was one of my least favourite characters until later books, loved him in the show. They really nailed how slimy yet charismatic and strangely sympathetic he is.

6. Post
    Its nice to have characters like that or it would be boring as shit.

7. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    They really nailed how slimy yet charismatic and strangely sympathetic he is.
    Man, I think I just described Littlefinger as well.

8. Post
    Just did three episodes last night its just so ****ing good, starting to get a feel for the cast figuring out where iv seen most of them before.

Was impressed to see Aidan Gillen, as I loved him in The Wire. Also Peter Dinklage is just amazing and also Sean Bean looks SO OLD when comparing him to like LoTR.

Really enjoyed the drama within the show especially within the younger Lannister boy, what a little shit he is.

Will probably finish this by weeks end because well its just to good to miss.

9. Post
    Well after a 6 episode binge I finish it.

NED IS DEAD WHAT THE SHIT!

Joffrey is such a little ****er, will enjoy watching the stark pike his arse.

and the ending DRAGONS DRAGONS.

What an awesome show, is the book much different?

10. Post
    Plotwise, not hugely different, otherwise just more internal monologues, more minor characters etc as you'd expect from a novel.

But they really did a great job adapting it.

11. Post

That really needs a spoiler tag for the benefit of the majority of the people who have not seen the series yet.

12. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    That really needs a spoiler tag for the benefit of the majority of the people who have not seen the series yet.
    No.
    For clarification about spoilers. If it has aired it is fair game to discuss. This waiver is sort of for those who may have not seen the episode - so they cant complain.

However you still need to post spoiler tags for things that have not screened, but are confirmed by articles or interviews etc. Ie future characters\plot stories\events that happen in upcoming episodes.

In summation - if its screened it's fair game. If it hasnt been screened yet it must be spoiler tagged.

13. Post
    Yeah what the shit seriously.

I basically avoid these threads till I watched it, so why don't you do the same.

That is awesome that its quite close to the actual book, because I saw some of the bitching from the people who read the novel.

14. Post
    The novel is so dense that theres no way they could do a direct, literal adaptation. They nailed the look and feel of the world and characters, though.

15. Post
    Literal adaptations are shit. Some of the best scenes in this series were the ones that were created specifically for the show and which weren't in the book. I hope they do a lot more of those next season.

16. Post
    Its an excellent balance of distilling and transcribing the scenes from the books, and then bridging them where necessary with extra material. Most films and adaptations **** up one or the other or both. The Harry Potter movies took until the 6th one to get it right and be enjoyable.

17. Post
    Thread revival yeahhhhhh

Haven't read the book, and I don't intend to.

Since the other thread is:

spoiler-box
    QQ about this character not being shown which infers a spoiler
    spoiler-box
    comment about the spoiler-box which infers a spoiler
    spoiler-box
    QQ about this character not being like something in the book which infers a spoiler
    spoiler-box
    another comment about someone who isn't featured as much in the book so infers something
    spoiler-box
    MOAR QQing

I'm just going to talk about how awesome the TV show is in this thread from now on.

I nearly shat bricks when that guys limb got turn off.

18. Post
    Doofer wrote:
    Yeah, the High Septon. Guess his seven gods couldn't save him from the mob

19. Post
    Oh hai thread, I thought you were lost

20. Post
    Doofer wrote:

spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    QQ about this character not being like something in the book which infers a spoiler
    spoiler-box
    another comment about someone who isn't featured as much in the book so infers something
    spoiler-box
    MOAR QQing
    accurate

21. Post
    Doofer wrote:
    Thread revival yeahhhhhh

Haven't read the book, and I don't intend to.

spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    spoiler-box
    MOAR QQing

I'm just going to talk about how awesome the TV show is in this thread from now on.

Yea it's quite bad this season.

22. Post
    Who do you think stole the dragons?

23. Post
    Panza wrote:
    Jon Connington.

24. Post
    Panza wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I know who.

25. Post
    Panza wrote:
    I'm just looking forward to Ser Jorah bossing it up and wasting whoever's responsible. Or dying. You never know with this ****ing show.