Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4378

1. Post
    You really can't avoid the inverse relationship between the volume of visible nipples and the quality of writing on the show.

Or maybe the nipples distracted me and the shows always been meh.

2. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    It will be dumb. Jon will kill her because they'll try the romantic/poetic angle. He will have to leave, nights watch or something.

Someone stupid takes the throne. They forget about all about the Ayra/lord of light stuff. Giving no closure to most of the characters still alive.

Maybe Sansa and Tyrion bang.
    Close enough

3. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Close enough
    Not too far off lol

Kinda what I expected. Dany had to die, was just a case of who did it, Arya or Jon.

I liked the scene where they chose Bran. Bran smacked Grey Worm down pretty good at one point.

Brienne writing in the Kingsguard book was cool.

The council meeting was pretty average. Dialogue was forced. Bronn was one of my favourite characters and he did nothing this season. Just a couple of token appearances. Podrick is supposed to be Kingsguard and he looked like a Disney character (seriously watch it again).
    Is Bran gonna use his super powers to find Drogon? I guess we'll never know. His entire story was him becoming the Three eyed Raven and then never doing anything with it. Arya become a super assassin with face changing ability and never used it either. She's going sailing or something.

Jon had a pretty sad ending. His journey from season 1 was all about trying to help others and being the most honest and fair person in the show. Ended with him having to kill someone he loved to save everyone AGAIN and then being banished for it. How many times has he saved people and been the hero? He did everything right, but was still punished like a criminal. Maybe he was Ned's son after all. I am disappointed that the fact that he is the son of Rhagaer and Lyanna Stark didn't really mean anything though. He has the most badass blood running through his veins and it meant nothing.

Also all the Unsullied have respawned apparently lmao.

Episode had some ok moments of closure, but generally followed the rushed theme of the rest of the season. Writing ruined the end of Game of Thrones. Not sure when we'll see a show on this scale again. It's a pity how it ended.

4. Post
    Descent enough ending. A little annoyed with Bran but meh it worked.

5. Post
    WTF was up with The Wall being fully intact again lol. Also lol at all the Unsullied & Dothraki magically respawning.

Wasn't as shit as I was expecting though. Hated what they did with Jon but at least he didn't turn into a complete bitch & did what had to be done in the end.

6. Post
    I didnt hate it tbh

Bobs wrote:
    I liked it overall. A few things that I didn't like

Spoiler:
    I dont think hes going back

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    WTF was up with The Wall being fully intact again lol. Also lol at all the Unsullied & Dothraki magically respawning.

Wasn't as shit as I was expecting though. Hated what they did with Jon but at least he didn't turn into a complete bitch & did what had to be done in the end.
    I think the Night King knocked down the wall near Eastwatch By The Sea. Jon and Tormund went under the wall at Castle Black where it's still intact.

8. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    I think the Night King knocked down the wall near Eastwatch By The Sea. Jon and Tormund went under the wall at Castle Black where it's still intact.
    Oh ok my memory sux lol

9. Post
    So Arya is setup perfectly for a spinoff.

10. Post

11. Post
    They left in someones drink again lol
    Spoiler:

12. Post
    Not a great ending, but it was an ending

13. Post
    well that was about as exciting as watching paint dry. So many missed chances for better , like if Drogon breathed on Jon , then we will know if he really is Aegon for example but nope, big lizard ignores the sole person in the room and attacks the pointy sword object, real detective Pikachu moment there.

eh whatever, glad we are done. Now we can hope G R R Martin lives long enough for us to get a decent ending

14. Post
    Was waiting for greyworm v Jon as soon as that thing happened. Nope just casualy took him prisoner instead..........

Sent from my Meizu M6s using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Well, now G R R has done his market research project on how to not write his final two seasons.

I mean, two books.

16. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    well that was about as exciting as watching paint dry. So many missed chances for better , like if Drogon breathed on Jon , then we will know if he really is Aegon for example but nope, big lizard ignores the sole person in the room and attacks the pointy sword object, real detective Pikachu moment there.

eh whatever, glad we are done. Now we can hope G R R Martin lives long enough for us to get a decent ending
    I was like, so he is super intelligent now and realises that it was the Iron Throne that caused her to get killed and instinctively knows he can't burn Jon, so just bugged out with his mum...

I would have liked to have at least seen a shot of where he was at the end. Also, Jon ended up going North of the wall with Tormund as I guessed, but I was gutted there was no dialogue between them.

Ghost should have bit him to be honest, and no shots of the wolf pack, boo!

So I guess we are going to get a spinoff show with Arya being Christopher Columbus now and probably run into Drogon at some point.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 20th May 2019 at 11:01 pm.

17. Post
    what i wanted was for Jon to stop being a bitch and stand up to Dany and then when she gets mad, she dracarys him only for him to stand there with burned clothing but unharmed. And then he stabs her . But eh , ah well.

18. Post
    Damn I was hoping when Bran said something along the lines of "I was always suppose to come here" or something.. that the final scene would be him sitting on a new throne and this happens...

19. Post
    Thought the ending was pretty good, and I've been critical of GoT for a few seasons now. Not sure how they could've wrapped it up much better, and Bran leading makes a lot of sense. My only nitpick is more related to the fact the Dany/Jon relationship never really felt real; mostly because of Kit's poor acting. It means when he stabs her, it feels inconsequential; not a sweeping, romantic betrayal. They also treat this decision as being really difficult for Jon, despite him quite clearly being horrified by all of it. I thought the scene with Tyrion went on far too long and it made Jon seem like a complete idiot.

For me, everyone made their mind up after last week. Either you were still with it, or you'd jumped off the ship and were only here for the memes.

People will nit pick, be outraged and sign petitions but in the end:

This finished much better than the Sopranos.
    Last edited by Valeo; 20th May 2019 at 10:19 pm.

20. Post
    I was surprised by how open ended it was. Almost like D&D threw HBO a bone and were like here are some loose ends go and do what you want with it. You could do a hypothetical season 9 following greyworm and his men on their conquest, Jon and Tormund setting up in the north and Arya's exploration of the west. And following Brans Council. You could have a new enemy rise in the north beyond the wall. This didnt really feel like a series finale at all tbh.

21. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I was surprised by how open ended it was. Almost like D&D threw HBO a bone and were like here are some loose ends go and do what you want with it. You could do a hypothetical season 9 following greyworm and his men on their conquest, Jon and Tormund setting up in the north and Arya's exploration of the west. And following Brans Council. You could have a new enemy rise in the north beyond the wall. This didnt really feel like a series finale at all tbh.
    I mean...what did you expect to happen? Literally everyone dies?

Most stories end with some sort of a epilogue.
    Last edited by Valeo; 21st May 2019 at 10:52 am.

22. Post
    Arya sailing off west was definitely prime spinoff material.

23. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Arya sailing off west was definitely prime spinoff material.
    Agreed. I want to see that tbh.

24. Post
    Lol yeah an anime assassin spinoff excellent, she had so many cool moments like when she killed the night king and

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Jon had a pretty sad ending. His journey from season 1 was all about trying to help others and being the most honest and fair person in the show. Ended with him having to kill someone he loved to save everyone AGAIN and then being banished for it. How many times has he saved people and been the hero? He did everything right, but was still punished like a criminal. Maybe he was Ned's son after all. I am disappointed that the fact that he is the son of Rhagaer and Lyanna Stark didn't really mean anything though. He has the most badass blood running through his veins and it meant nothing.
    He got a happy ending imo. Leaving and going north with Tormund and Ghost? perfect.

25. Post
    Some good moments but 90% trash, particularly the dialogue. I think the poetic bits are probably what GRRM told the showrunners, but they don't really make sense given how the story has been altered. E.g Jon going north of the wall rather than joining the Night's watch is a cool idea, except it's totally unneeded here since the unsullied are buggering off so literally no one gives a shit what he does.

Nothing really makes sense when you think about it for half a second. Why did Tyrion basically ask to be executed?