Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4365

1. Post
    Similar to my thoughts of battle of Winterfell: Cool shots. ****ing retarded.

Tick all the fanfic boxes, forget years of character development, **** your audience, collect paycheck.

2. Post
    Basically just done a full circle. With the White Walkers being a side plot.

Pretty lazy.

But Dany had a vision in season 2 of walking through the red keep, what looked like snow raining down. Yeah it wasn't snow.

So there is that.

3. Post
    Was a good episode by this seasons standards. Multiple characters stories well and truly wrapped up. Qyburn dead, Cersei dead, Jamie dead, The Mountain dead, The Hound dead, Varys dead, Euron is also dead I assume. Somehow Arya survived 4 building falling on her, but whatevs.

Obvious holes in the story compared to last week. Scorpions were crazy OP last week, but this week they were kindling lolz. I think one got close and the rest just never got fired. Golden company lasted 8 seconds. Not sure why they were outside the walls, but it didn't matter in the end.

I guess Arya is gonna kill Dany. Surely the faceless assassin skills will be used at some point...?

I'm just waiting for the show to end now unfortunately. All these epic characters just being ticked off one by one. Others just leaving like Ghost and Tormund. Pretty sad how GoT has just fizzled out to be honest.

4. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Basically just done a full circle. With the White Walkers being a side plot.

Pretty lazy.

But Dany had a vision in season 2 of walking through the red keep, what looked like snow raining down. Yeah it wasn't snow.

So there is that.
    The full loop is arguably what the author has been planning all along - humans are scum to each other and the real threat.

5. Post
    Simpsons did it

purplez wrote:
    The full loop is arguably what the author has been planning all along - humans are scum to each other and the real threat.
    Yes but the way they did it....

6. Post
    Once I got over the sudden levelling up of the dragon, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. The hounds battle was probably the highlight

7. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Putting aside Danny and her complete 180. I did enjoy most of the episode. Visually stunning especially for tv.
    Agree but your wrong about Dany. I mean they have foreshadowed her going bad the whole series. She lost a lot very fast.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

etc

She made sense. It is just the other characters they shat on that pissed me off.

8. Post
    Yeah they've been telegraphing Dany for ages. They just had to speed it up because they shrank the final season so much. Last season's tarly BBQ was a good example. Dany also constantly say "bend the knee or die", she smiled when northern peasants we're terrified by the dragons, "they eat anything they want", etc etc etc

9. Post
    Dany arc is fine, but given they didnt leave themselves near enough runway to make it believable.

10. Post
    The Jamie/Cersei death was by far the worst.

-e-

They are really pushing the Ayra/Lord of light/Azor Ahai. The horse she rode was maybe Golden companys dude horse? which they showed dead. Same markings etc.

Or could have just been a Dothraki horse. But they were pushing the lord of light stuff that scene for sure.
    Last edited by Bloodline; 13th May 2019 at 10:01 pm.

11. Post
    Martin usually gave his characters poetic irony in their deaths (tywin lannister not shitting gold, ned stark being beheaded for his honour, Lysa Arryn thrown out the moon door, the "rat king" eating his own young, etc, which granted Martin didnt officially write yet, but still)

A fitting end for cersei would be escaping to volantis and living out a life in obscurity raising her newborn dwarf son. Getting crushed by rubble seemed like a non sequitur unless rubble is the translation of Valonqar (=only book readers understand this reference)

And how i ask did cleganebowl not involve any flame-related sequences (unless you count the fire they fell into, which i dont) especially after establishing fire as a recurring theme in The Hound's change arc, and especially considering they were in a building being burnt down by dragon fire? That said, I think contrasting the Hound's revenge obsession with Arya's similar obsession was a good beat in the script, because you see two people imprisoned by their vengeance but Arya was able to acknowledge how pitiful it was to be permanently arrested in that state and she was able to let the hound go down that path alone, plus name a more iconic duo. However, the dialogue in that sequence was pretty weak considering how momentous it was for the characters.

Dany "waking the dragon" is the only good thing this season but could they be more contrived at writing it? Partly i think the writers turned on Dany too quickly, but it's also Emilia Clarke not being able to act properly, in the writers defense.

12. Post
    That episode was amazing. I loved it. I don't think you guys would ever be satisfied.

13. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Was a good episode by this seasons standards. Multiple characters stories well and truly wrapped up. Qyburn dead, Cersei dead, Jamie dead, The Mountain dead, The Hound dead, Varys dead, Euron is also dead I assume. Somehow Arya survived 4 building falling on her, but whatevs.

Obvious holes in the story compared to last week. Scorpions were crazy OP last week, but this week they were kindling lolz. I think one got close and the rest just never got fired. Golden company lasted 8 seconds. Not sure why they were outside the walls, but it didn't matter in the end.

I guess Arya is gonna kill Dany. Surely the faceless assassin skills will be used at some point...?

I'm just waiting for the show to end now unfortunately. All these epic characters just being ticked off one by one. Others just leaving like Ghost and Tormund. Pretty sad how GoT has just fizzled out to be honest.
    Not really they killed a weak dragon that was already pretty wasted. They missed Danny though.

14. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    They are really pushing the Ayra/Lord of light/Azor Ahai. The horse she rode was maybe Golden companys dude horse? which they showed dead. Same markings etc.

Or could have just been a Dothraki horse. But they were pushing the lord of light stuff that scene for sure.
    I saw somebody posted this in relation to that on reddit "King James Version of REV 6:8:
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

I suspect she is going to kill Dany after seeing her roast that family she was trying to save. Jon won't want the throne, so will give it Sansa and **** off North to join Tormund.

15. Post
    Danys arc isn't that bad but It would have been better if they didn't **** around the 1st 2 episodes this season. Gave her something else to get pissed off by. Another stepping stone.

But I don't blame people for forgetting about her story, long series but yeah it was a long time coming. The vision of the Red keep covered in ash was in season 2.

16. Post
    calling it: Dany will burn Jon alive like the heathen kings of old. However he is proper dragon targaryen and also the Prince that was Promised™ and he will be unburnt™. he will pick up a flaming sword aka lightbringer and plunge it into Dany's heart, like in the original legend of azor ahai.

it is known

17. Post
    Name:  got.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  75.9 KB

18. Post
    Then what is all the Ayra shit for? The dragon part would be cool though. Like a public execution in front of all, then boom.

19. Post
    Thought it was great. A lot of the internet meltdown is due to Dany being a fan favourite and the fangirls of her not accepting she's a ****. Thought it was pretty obvious she had a mean streak to her all show, she's just cracked like her father did.

The feminists are in meltdown as well because how dare a blond white girl be a baddie. They're supposed to be White Saviours dammit.

20. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Then what is all the Ayra shit for? The dragon part would be cool though. Like a public execution in front of all, then boom.
    if the show doesnt end on a full frontal nude jon snow emerging from dragon fire unharmed to kill dany, then i dont know what to tell you but that's just writing 101

21. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    if the show doesnt end on a full frontal nude jon snow emerging from dragon fire unharmed to kill dany, then i dont know what to tell you but that's just writing 101
    lightbringer can be his dick.

George would love that.

22. Post
    I reckon since Arya can take faces of others, she'll take the form of a dragon, and Dany will hop on her to ride but Arya will dump her off a cliff.

23. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I reckon since Arya can take faces of others, she'll take the form of a dragon, and Dany will hop on her to ride but Arya will dump her off a cliff.
    then bran will warg into arya thinking she is the real dragon and make her jump off the cliff too

24. Post
    cant believe i waited 8 seasons for cleganebowl and they both die together falling outta a building

25. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    then bran will warg into arya thinking she is the real dragon and make her jump off the cliff too
    So since he is no longer a bastard. King Gendry.