Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4366

1. Post
    from stuff...

So John Snow was a targaryn .. for no reason
    Aria learned how to face swap.. for no reason
    Danny had this entire story about being the savoir.. for no reason
    Bran learning Warg skills, mind control... no reason
    Everything scared about the Night king coming.. no reason
    Prince who was promised??...... no reason
    Jamies whole arc about redemption ...no reason

2. Post
    gotta love stuff comments Name:  bran the broken 2019.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  21.0 KB

3. Post
    Bran is king because the throne melted, but he was smart, and brought his own chair...

4. Post
    I want to know where Drogon went and what he does now. Since Jon is the last of the Targaryen bloodline right? Does Drogon wait and hope that Jon extends the bloodline? And a new mother of dragons is born? Or does he just wonder Westeros until the end of days?

5. Post
    Man, I almost wish it was cancelled instead of this.

6. Post
    When Sam put down A Song of Ice and Fire in front of Tyrion he told him that he never gets mentioned in the book. What was the point of this dialogue exactly? Tyrion obviously was hugely influential from the very start.

1. He was a Stark hostage which was part of the reason the war even began
    2. Survived a trial by combat in the Eyrie
    3. Fought and injured in a Battle against the North
    4. He became Hand of the King
    5. Led the defence of Kings Landing
    6. Married a Stark
    7. Was accused of murdering the King
    8. Found guilty with a trial by combat
    9. Escaped and killed his own father who was the most powerful man in Westeros
    10. Captured again
    11. Became Hand of the Queen for Dany
    12. Played a crucial role in the invasion of Westeros
    13. Was present during the Battle of Winterfell
    14. Was Hand of the Queen while she slaughtered a whole city
    15. Arrested for treason
    16. Was a crucial part of selecting the new King
    17. Was named Hand of the King AGAIN

And any other bits I have missed.

Now he sits in in a council meeting and is told he never gets mentioned in this book. Is this just shitty writing (most likely). What was the point of that scene exactly? Him not being mentioned obviously makes no sense at all....

7. Post
    The more I read that list I just wrote the more it annoys me.

He was Hand 3 TIMES. We know the truth, but literally everyone else thinks HE MURDERED A KING.

Hello??

8. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Man, I almost wish it was cancelled instead of this.
    u wot

9. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    u wot
    Hot garbage season, most of it anyway.

Especially when you see something like this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...every_episode/

Seeing how huge the world is and how far it came, then it was reduced to the horse shit writing that was 'season 8', yeah no thanks, it would have been better off left in limbo then ended like this.

10. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Hot garbage season, most of it anyway.

Especially when you see something like this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...every_episode/

Seeing how huge the world is and how far it came, then it was reduced to the horse shit writing that was 'season 8', yeah no thanks, it would have been better off left in limbo then ended like this.
    GoT has varied in quality from the start, honestly - there are lots of bad episodes in there. Not sure why this has sent everyone over the cliff when most major plot points were fine; execution could've been better if they had more episodes to flesh it out, though; agreed.

Completely disagree that it would've been 'better off left in limbo'

I feel like people had made up their minds already and it didn't really matter what happened.

11. Post
    I do wish they dealt with the Night King in season 7 and left season 8 to deal with iron throne drama.

12. Post
    It's mostly people who pirated all 73 episodes feeling like they are owed something because they wanted to jump to conclusions.

Was it a bit of a loose goose at the end? Sure. But reasonable people would say, oh well, that was a bit mediocre, now, on with my life.

13. Post
    Would have been been better with 10 episodes

14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I do wish they dealt with the Night King in season 7 and left season 8 to deal with iron throne drama.
    Agreed. They rushed the end for sure. Remember how long shit use to take in early seasons. 8 at least needed a couple more episodes.

15. Post
    If you extended season 7 by a few episodes you could have ended it with the Battle of Winterfell.

16. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    from stuff...

Jamies whole arc about redemption ...no reason
    Well **** me, Stuff got something right! (bet they copied it from somewhere)

17. Post
    Yeah that's going around the internet, Definitely copied.

18. Post
    Its hard to know if Arya taking out the Night King was always planned or if it was a last minute decision to wrap up her faceless man arc.

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Its hard to know if Arya taking out the Night King was always planned or if it was a last minute decision to wrap up her faceless man arc.
    They said it was planned before or during s7

20. Post
    A reminder that HBO were entirely on board with 10 episodes for seasons 7 and 8. The showrunners said yeah nah so they can **** off to make Star Wars worse

21. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    A reminder that HBO were entirely on board with 10 episodes for seasons 7 and 8. The showrunners said yeah nah so they can **** off to make Star Wars worse
    It doesn't help that the contract HBO had with D&D was so air tight they couldn't replace them even if they wanted so basically there is no game of thrones without D&D. But apparently they can do spin-offs without them.

I don’t know. Ask David and Dan when they come through. We could have gone to 11, 12, 13 seasons, but I guess they wanted a life. If you’ve read my novels, you know there was enough material for more seasons. They made certain cuts, but that’s fine. — George R. R. Martin on why Game of Thrones is ending.

HBO was even willing to turn Game of Thrones into a big-budget summer blockbuster movie, telling Benioff & Weiss, “We’ll give you the resources to make this what it needs to be, and if what it needs to be is a summer tentpole-size spectacle in places, then that’s what it will be”. If that’s the case, budget was clearly not an issue since a Game of Thrones summer blockbuster movie would’ve easily cost north of $200 million to produce.

George R. R. Martin, whose books have been exceptionally long, was himself of the opinion that the show could easily run past 10 seasons. This was his response when being asked back in 2018 on why Game of Thrones was coming to an end.

HBO would have been happy for the show to keep going, to have more episodes in the final season. We always believed it was about 73 hours, and it will be roughly that. As much as they wanted more, they understood that this is where the story ends.
    — Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff & D. B. Weiss on more episodes.

This is the hard part of what we do. We started this journey with David and Dan. It’s their vision. Would I love the show to go 10 years as both a fan and a network executive? Absolutely. — HBO programming president Michael Lombardo on Game of Thrones ending

The showrunners themselves corroborated this statement, thereby absolving HBO of any sins in truncating the final seasons.
    http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainm...ason-11-12-13/

22. Post
    I liked it. I had no idea who was going to live, or how they were going to pull off the ending.
    The book with Sam was lame as hell, but so was every other scene with Sam, throughout the entire series.

Favourite bits would still be Bronn & Tyrions banter, Arthur Daynes fight scene, and Oberyn martell vs the Mountain.

I expect they could have made 10 seasons, perhaps if it wasn't the most pirated show on earth they'd have had more reason to do just that.

23. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Well **** me, Stuff got something right! (bet they copied it from somewhere)
    of course those hacks copied it

24. Post
    Kinda lame, but I think a lot of people's issue is that it's finally over, for good.

25. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    from stuff...

It made him an immediate threat to Dany, so he knew he had to act while he still could, before she killed him too. It also showed him rejecting power, once again. He remained humble, despite chafing at being a lowly bastard as a young man.

She used it to avenge the Red Wedding. You know, where her Mum and brother died. Not that it was a big deal to her or anything.

Way to miss the point whoever wrote this list - she thought she was the Messiah. And look at all the things she did to save the world from itself. Burning entire cities alive, mass crucifixions. In the name of good.

Hodor. https://www.vox.com/2016/5/22/117221...an-time-travel

They were scared of him for no reason? He was going to end the world of men.

Until he was killed by the Prince(ss) who was promised.

Jamies whole arc about redemption ...no reason[/i]
    As Brienne wrote in the book - "he died defending his Queen". The man we met in season 1 had no honour and tried to kill a boy for love. The man who we saw this season died an honourable death for love instead. Do you remember him looking at the book and getting all bummed out that it ended with him killing a King, unlike all the brave deeds of the other knights in the book? And then she filled it up with two pages of his kick-assery post commander of the Kings Guard. I'd say he had a pretty well filled redemption arc.

People are entitled idiots tbh who wouldn't understood nuance if it subtly hinted them in the face.

I'm not going to call that the best ending of a beloved tv series ever, it was decent. Not overwhelming, not underwhelming. Whelming.

I rate it as wayyyyy ****ing better than the ending of Battlestar Galactica, and nowhere as cool as the ending of Breaking Bad, and that's okay, we had quite a ride together GoT.
    Last edited by Edward Diego; 22nd May 2019 at 12:18 am.