Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4373

1. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Why? Who gives a shit.
    Because nobody knows the content of the last two episodes and **** knows whether they're going to draw on existing book continuity (yes, I realise we're ahead of the books but let's say they reference something that one of you guys have spoiled that's gonna suck eh)

Additionally Mancubus has already made a warning - if you want to discuss the books, take it to the other thread please.

2. Post
    Why didn't HBO just replace them if they didn't want to continue? Season 8 should have at at least 10 episodes and there should have been a 9th and final season. That way it wouldn't have felt rushed.

3. Post
    This is one of those series where you've always recommended the show.. then once the final season drops and you sort of think about it twice.

4. Post
    I don't think this needed more episodes and time. We had pre and post game pissup episodes to bookmark the last battle that didn't need to be there.

Really the biggest issue is the plot and story seems run by a focus group intent on ticking boxes than advancing the existing story. Let's reunite everyone. Let's say goodbye. Let's kill some mid tier characters (but no one too popular). Quick, let's have Bronn turn up for 30 seconds to negotiate a bigger payday for himself. And so on.

5. Post
    well, it has to find the middle ground on making a reasonable amount of fans happy..-ish. There will always be a hardcore groups who will NEVER be happy with whatever happens and a % who just want their favorite characters go on and on and on and on.. like i said, fan service writing and complete discard of " more realistic " teleporting deus ex machina events ( Bronn , blind Dragons, Super Auto Aim Ballistas which destroy Dragons, Ships etc etc etc ) to move things a long . Its fine , they want to end and the writers are their own gods for their work. Folk need to accept it and keep their grumbles to their wine cups.

6. Post
    Well that episode kind of pissed me off.

Basically everyone but the Stark's came down with stupid. Maybe the Hound too, for a given definition of his character so far, and how that's going to effect his judgement.

7. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Well that episode kind of pissed me off.

Basically everyone but the Stark's came down with stupid. Maybe the Hound too, for a given definition of his character so far, and how that's going to effect his judgement.
    Spoiler:

8. Post
    Spoiler:

9. Post
    terrible

10. Post
    What a load of shit lol

Spoiler:

11. Post
    Worse ending than dexter confirmed. All of the blame goes to Weiss and Benioff for phoning it in

12. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    Worse ending than dexter confirmed. All of the blame goes to Weiss and Benioff for phoning it in
    cause they want to go make their new star wars movies already lol.

13. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    cause they want to go make their new star wars movies already lol.
    Nice™

I know what movies to avoid then.

14. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    Worse ending than dexter confirmed.
    Who would've imagined that could ever happen lol. Another great show ruined by a shitty final season.

15. Post
    By this point the list of problems with this show is probably endless so i'll just say that I really liked Cleganebowl and Cersei seeing Jaime.

16. Post
    I enjoyed that episode - liked seeing how the army just went mental slaughtering everyone. The show has plenty of problems but I don't care, just want to see how they finish it next week

17. Post
    Aimbot deactivated.

Thought it was a good episode if it was a stand alone not taking into account the rest of the season

Sent from my Meizu M6s using Tapatalk

18. Post
    wtf at the preview for the final episode. All of a sudden a shit load of Unsullied and Dothraki warriors have materialized out of thin air lol

19. Post
    I enjoyed it for what it was a pile of sheet

20. Post
    Basically an Isis video at some points. Really liked what Fat Grey Worm was up to.

21. Post
    Without any context, that was a brilliant episode, worthy to be the climax of 7 seasons of top notch TV. This is what level the battle for winterfell needed to be at.
    I mean holy shit that pacing, them shots, omg that was so good.

Taking into consideration the surrounding material between which they sandwiched this, yeah, Dexter levels of cringe and disappointment.

****ing cersei got off so easy though

22. Post
    Putting aside Danny and her complete 180. I did enjoy most of the episode. Visually stunning especially for tv.

23. Post
    You guys must have pretty low standards if you managed to salvage any enjoyment out of this episode lol

24. Post
    Holy shit that was terrible lol.

25. Post
    I enjoyed it, continuity was a bit meh and it seemed like it was trying to channel Breaking Bad a bit, but best of the season so far.