Game of Thrones (No discussion of the books is allowed)

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4315

1. Post
    Had no problem with the Northerners wanting to kill everyone as these people called for Sean Bean's head earlier but wow what an ending to the whole series. It's been a good 7 season run lads (disregarding 8.)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    cant believe i waited 8 seasons for cleganebowl and they both die together falling outta a building
    As much as I love the hound, it would have been more emotionally pulling if he had his head popped, or pushed into fire.

3. Post
    Jaime's arc kinda sucked though. So much for redemption. Died hugging a murderer. Guess he really was a shit head.

4. Post
    Wait did Jaime and Cersei die? I must have got distracted

Edit: that's some lame ****ing writing.

5. Post
    The building fell on them. So unless they're Arya they are ****ed.

6. Post
    For someone who caused chaos for 8 seasons, she sure got a boring death. Notice how they fast forwarded as soon as the rocks fell.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Yeah, I don't think their plot armor is that strong, only the Mountain could stand up to a building falling on top of him...

Tyrion is going to be toast though when she finds out he let Jamie go, and with no bodies it is going to look like Jamie and Cersei got away as he had planned.

8. Post
    Jamie's journey is one of the few things I still really love, and is a great example of how to shock your audience and subvert expectations correctly. at the end, regardless of everything when it came down to it he made the conscious decision nah **** it I know who I am and what I want, **** the righteous path - I'm unsure if this was intentional or not at this point though.

9. Post

10. Post
    yeah

well, my expectations was already discarded long time ago. Ah well, some of the effects was nice, endings were dialed in , Varys died with his found conscience intact , Cersei and Jaime died with the person they loved the most ( maybe not Cersei but certainly jaime, what a wasted character arc for him ) . Dany is done, she has become what she always hated. Her reign will be short and bitter. Euron got the his check boxes ticked, ****ed the queen , become a King etc .

now we get to see if the writers want the righteous to do what is necessary or will evil in a cute face reign.

the kid of me also loved the Micheal Bay Drogon tho.. Cersei was a better bad person tho, this Dany arc has been regressed to angry frothing tyrant.

11. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Because nobody knows the content of the last two episodes and **** knows whether they're going to draw on existing book continuity (yes, I realise we're ahead of the books but let's say they reference something that one of you guys have spoiled that's gonna suck eh)

Additionally Mancubus has already made a warning - if you want to discuss the books, take it to the other thread please.
    I'm not on board with your logic since extra info from the books could be fun to help try and predict what might happen but I'm outranked by a couple of TV boys, so fine.

HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I saw somebody posted this in relation to that on reddit "King James Version of REV 6:8:
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

I suspect she is going to kill Dany after seeing her roast that family she was trying to save. Jon won't want the throne, so will give it Sansa and **** off North to join Tormund.
    There was definitely some symbolism and foreshadowing in her riding off on the horse but I'm not sure what it was.

I thought it was a really good episode and did about as well as possible with the situation given from previous ones. You could see Dany going mental coming a mile away and CleganeBowl didn't disappoint. Jaime and Cersei ending the way they did was quite poetic. Often the CGI stuff has been a drag on the political intrigue but it all looked pretty awesome when used appropriately.

It's tough to predict exactly what's going to happen next but it's hard to imagine Dany not getting ganked before the end by Jon or Arya. Sansa and Tyrion must still have some part to play.

Probably: Dany is killed.
    Maybe: The last scene is baby dragons cracking out of eggs laid a few seasons prior.
    Unlikely: Jon establishes democracy.

12. Post
    meh.. Episode was ok disappointed at how Cersei was handled though, she really deserved to have a worse death, I get what the writers were going for just when you compare everyone elses death that had come to them hers was really quite tame.

Such a phoned in season though ugh
    `

13. Post
    Yeah I'm really just watching this for the visual spectacle now, and the fact I've invested so much time into 7 seasons that it would be criminal not to see out the 8th no matter how arse it is.

14. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I'm not on board with your logic since extra info from the books could be fun to help try and predict what might happen but I'm outranked by a couple of TV boys, so fine.

There was definitely some symbolism and foreshadowing in her riding off on the horse but I'm not sure what it was.

I thought it was a really good episode and did about as well as possible with the situation given from previous ones. You could see Dany going mental coming a mile away and CleganeBowl didn't disappoint. Jaime and Cersei ending the way they did was quite poetic. Often the CGI stuff has been a drag on the political intrigue but it all looked pretty awesome when used appropriately.

It's tough to predict exactly what's going to happen next but it's hard to imagine Dany not getting ganked before the end by Jon or Arya. Sansa and Tyrion must still have some part to play.

Probably: Dany is killed.
    Maybe: The last scene is baby dragons cracking out of eggs laid a few seasons prior.
    Unlikely: Jon establishes democracy.
    I liked that episode too. And yeah, me and gf are arguing over who ganks Dany, she reckons Tyrion, I reckon Arya, we both agree that John will sit there and be as much use as Bran Stark when it happens.

Sansa and Tyrion fall in love, rule as co-regents and usher in a new wave of peace in the Seven Kingdoms by uniting the Lannister and Stark houses?

15. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    calling it: Dany will burn Jon alive like the heathen kings of old. However he is proper dragon targaryen and also the Prince that was Promised™ and he will be unburnt™. he will pick up a flaming sword aka lightbringer and plunge it into Dany's heart, like in the original legend of azor ahai.

it is known
    Okay, I'm buying into this one tbh. Well, at least the part about her trying to torch him and it not working.

16. Post
    I thought the faceless man was goona morh out of that chick Ayra was helping and kill Ayra

17. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Okay, I'm buying into this one tbh. Well, at least the part about her trying to torch him and it not working.
    That's plausible but so are a lot of things.

There are heaps of different ways it could finish and still make some kind of sense but we're still at the mercy of the noobs in charge. The saving grace might be that they wanted to finish with what George suggested several years ago rather than with their own knucklehead imaginations.

If you can find a way to forget about the bs from e3, and the final episode is as well put together as this last one then it should be pretty good. They must have spent a fortune on the CGI for this one and it was money far better spent than in the Winterfell battle.

18. Post
    iAuthority wrote:
    Arya still not using her face changing ability, so not sure why she has it.
    Arya and her faceless men skills might just be a victim of the show trimming down shit in the books. It seems kind of absurd that they would spend so much time on her training as a leet assassin and not use it in the climax. She will kill someone.

19. Post
    We also need to hear a lot more from Bran in his job as the 3 eyed Raven and wisest most knowing person in the universe

20. Post
    It has been foreshadowed that Azor Ahi is a female when Massande told someone that the prince that was promised was a mistranslation and it was prince or princess.

My prediction is Arya goes all stabby, stabby on Dany, maybe after she tries to have a nephew BBQ, where he rises from the ashes and takes the crown, reluctantly.

BTW Euron was never the King, even marrying a queen doesn't make you a King and he just rooted her.

We did need another episode atleast to explore Dany going mad, it was all a little sudden, there needed to be another trigger, maybe Tyrion let Jamie loose, she found out about it, fried his ass, thought it melt like chicken and went troppo.

Jamie and Cersi being "crushed" I don't buy that, but we have seen worse.

On a scale of 1-10 this episode was a 5.5, but the rest of the season has been a 1-2 at best.

21. Post
    BZP wrote:
    I thought the faceless man was goona morh out of that chick Ayra was helping and kill Ayra
    I thought something was going to happen with that lady they made a real point of showing her in multiple scenes.

Saw a meme of pointing out how similar the Mountain and Varys looked

Also another editing mistake with Jaime having his normal right hand in his final scenes

Sent from my Meizu M6s using Tapatalk

22. Post
    BZP wrote:
    Yes crossed my mind also.

I guess though the point of that person was to show the damage being done to the common people. Make it a bit more human.

Also Arya totally killed those two. Arya was kinda useless in this episode which was good to see.

23. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Yes crossed my mind also.

I guess though the point of that person was to show the damage being done to the common people. Make it a bit more human.
    Yeah I think that was why. It was to show us that Arya is unimpressed by the slaughter by giving a face to some of the plebs that Dany roasted.

24. Post
    steveNtake wrote:
    Also another editing mistake with Jaime having his normal right hand in his final scenes

Sent from my Meizu M6s using Tapatalk
    That didn't air, just a still used as a promo

25. Post
    They certainly went out of the way to vilify Daenerys.