Results 1 to 13 of 13

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Watch video...

  2. Post
    #2
    "All of my builds and my gear are only meaningful if they help me become more powerful"

    Why did he separate "builds" and "gear" gear is your only way of making "builds" now, so gear = builds no?

  3. Post
    #3
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    "All of my builds and my gear are only meaningful if they help me become more powerful"

    Why did he separate "builds" and "gear" gear is your only way of making "builds" now, so gear = builds no?
    I'd imagine chosen skills + runes would also constitute builds

  4. Post
    #4
    Celticknife wrote:
    I'd imagine chosen skills + runes would also constitute builds
    Runes don't count as gear?
    I look forward to my rune choices then.

  5. Post
    #5
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    Runes don't count as gear?
    I look forward to my rune choices then.
    Runes are items in your inventory. You pick them up and socket them into the skill you're planning on using.

    By 'builds', he's referring to your skill choices mixed with rune combinations. You have three passive skills and six active skills, each with five additional rune possibilities. So it's not just gear that dictates how the character operates.

  6. Post
    #6
    Good interview! Really enjoy these interviews with the guys getting their teeth really stuck into designing the skills & items moreso than the usual boring jay wilson ones
    For a guy named EvilStarship, I sure know jack about Stars.

  7. Post
    #7
    Nice interview. I have one complaint. I am deaf in one ear, so I can either hear the question or the reply but not both (using headphones).

    But yeah some interesting points

  8. Post
    #8
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    Why did he separate "builds" and "gear" gear is your only way of making "builds" now, so gear = builds no?
    Wtf you on about?

    Gear = equipment you wear
    Build = definied by your skills, talents, etc..

  9. Post
    #9
    Gotta say - huge props to you guys doing the articles/interviews. Easily some of the best anywhere.

  10. Post
    #10
    cryocore wrote:
    Nice interview. I have one complaint. I am deaf in one ear, so I can either hear the question or the reply but not both (using headphones).

    But yeah some interesting points
    Yeah, I have to apologise, the current way we record involves two lapel microphones, each taking a channel. I've tried merging them into a mono track, but it sounds terrible. But yeah, we're aware of it and will try to sort it out.

  11. Post
    #11
    JvJ wrote:
    Yeah, I have to apologise, the current way we record involves two lapel microphones, each taking a channel. I've tried merging them into a mono track, but it sounds terrible. But yeah, we're aware of it and will try to sort it out.
    That would be muchly appreciated. Thanks for that.

    As for the interview I am very pleased to hear that the single player game is still a very high priority to the team. I was having doubts due to the always on nature of the SP game. While I am still pissed about it, but it is very encouraging that the SP balance is a very high priority. I still want a demo (or basic entry level game like SCII) to see how it performs before purchasing.

    Jesus man what hours do you keep? I thought my sleep patterns were screwed but you seem to post 24/7

  12. Post
    #12
    cryocore wrote:
    I still want a demo (or basic entry level game like SCII) to see how it performs before purchasing.

    Jesus man what hours do you keep? I thought my sleep patterns were screwed but you seem to post 24/7
    Unfortunately they're not going to do a demo before release :/

    ...and on the last point, blame Minecraft

  13. Post
    #13
    Ohh thats why i couldn't hear the questions.

    I use speakers sometimes, but only have 1 side plugged in...