Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I thought the control system might have issues like that, especially for characters that like to use sword+shield+opportunistic destruction spells. Hopefully it's something that can be gotten used to, or modded out. Then again, if I'm not mistaken, morrowind had something similar where you had to ready the spell before casting it.

3. Post
    Aw what dicks, I was really hoping they'd have improved the combat system but it sounds like they copy/pasted the shit one from Oblivion

WTB: Skyrim with combat from Dark Messiah

4. Post
    "We tried to find the button to activate beserker rage, but lo and behold it doesn’t exist. Instead, the ability must be equipped – yes, equipped – by setting down the shield. Now doubly enraged because of asinine control limitations and a barbecued horse..."

I take it this demo was with a 360 controller? I guess it will be quicker to switch on a keyboard.

In Oblivion you could cast spells even with both hands full. This is like going back to Morrowind's combat, except there's dual wielding.

5. Post
    I suppose LB and RB are the equipping buttons. Hmmm....

6. Post
    They couldnt get on a horse? Player sounds a bit tarded.

Gameplay has never been what sold this series

7. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    They couldnt get on a horse? Player sounds a bit tarded.

yeah i was reading the article thinking the player sound like a bit of a n00b

8. Post
    SlayerNZ wrote:
    yeah i was reading the article thinking the player sound like a bit of a n00b
    wb

9. Post
    Is this the 360 version? Who the hell plays these types of games on a console?

10. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    People without top-end PC's, who enjoy xbl achievements, have no interest in modding and know how to use an xbox controller well.

Nice little preview though I always felt that Oblivion was one of the few games where it felt satisfying to smash somebody with your double-handed warhammer, the hefty swings and the knockback as your weapon makes impact, the enemy falling sprawling to the floor...

And I think the "control limitations" are more a matter of adjustment, and will make for a much more entertaining combat experience overall (come on, dual wielding spells, weapons, whatever you want... even if the games aren't in the same league, it seems Bioshock2-esque and that had some of my favourite combat in an FPS).

Sounds like mounting horses will be the main challenge in this game.

11. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    People without top-end PC's, who enjoy xbl achievements, have no interest in modding and know how to use an xbox controller well.

Nice little preview though I always felt that Oblivion was one of the few games where it felt satisfying to smash somebody with your double-handed warhammer, the hefty swings and the knockback as your weapon makes impact, the enemy falling sprawling to the floor...

And I think the "control limitations" are more a matter of adjustment, and will make for a much more entertaining combat experience overall (come on, dual wielding spells, weapons, whatever you want... even if the games aren't in the same league, it seems Bioshock2-esque and that had some of my favourite combat in an FPS).

Yeah I used to send people flying with my hammer all the time. Given it was enchanted to make them fall asleep on contact so that they would ragdoll (and thus go flying).

And who the mounts and dismounts in range of bad guys? You are asking for trouble. Would be good if you could whip your weapons out whilst riding in preperation then leap off nice and quick ready to go, blitzkrieg style.

Who needs dual wielding spells? Just assign them to a hot key and you can octo-wield them if you are fast enough. Well if you are leet anyway, not like what that reviewer seems to be.

12. Post
    Bobs wrote:

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    People without a gaming PC, who enjoy the utterly pointless xbl achievements. Dont mind shitty performance, awful draw distances, low grade gfx, protracted load times, limited and hideous UI. These folk are also fine with how to a controller limits the flow of a game with it limited scroll/turn speeds, needless menu interactions due to lack of keys, and the lack of any fine control offered by say a Mouse and Keyboard
    ftfy

Skorky wrote:
    yeah this opinion piece does sound a little off to me. I never had any issues with the gameplay in MW or Ob. The games always handled very well, and in most cases better than their contemporaries. The issue with Ob (for me) was always around the god awful interactions with NPC's, the intermediate school level writing, and the rinse and repeat ad nauseum quests.
    To take issue with the Gameplay and claim its a weakness of the TES franchise seems like someone just trying to find fault with the game (maybe I wrote this...), or someone who hasnt played an RPG before. TES core gameplay has always been solid.

As much as I hated Ob, Skyrim looks pretty damn good to me, and the lessons learnt from FO3 in regards to their story telling should translate to a much better game imo.

14. Post
    pretty keen on this

on the 360

haters gonna hate

15. Post
    Also getting it 360. Bite me Pc fanboys.

16. Post
    Too many good games out this year, Deus Ex, BF3 and this would look alright on my Xbox but I think i'll have to buy a new PC instead!

17. Post
    I will be using my 360 controller on pc I hope

18. Post
    mmario wrote:
    I will be using my 360 controller on pc I hope
    Wtf is wrong with you?

I understand why you would want to use the controller on PC for racing or fighting games, hell even 3rd person action games... but seriously?

19. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    People who own a 360 and like these type of games?

20. Post
    PC gamers forget daily that they are the minority.

21. Post
    MAE wrote:
    People who own a 360 and like these type of games?
    HOW DARE THEY

22. Post
    Buy it on Xbox and miss out on all the cool mods, great graphics and superior control

:P

I'll take one for PC, thanks

23. Post
    Hipster.

24. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Hipster.
    IRONY

25. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    PC gamers forget daily that they are the minority.
    In the same vein that supermodels and billionaires are minorities .