1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Smile
    Hah, loved the SBW jibe. Look forward to giving this a crack, last rugby game I played was EA Rugby 08 on PS2, so this should be a decent step up

3. Post
    Offloads in the tackle are unduly hard
    You must of reviewed a different game.

4. Post
    Unless by "unduly" they meant "ridiculously" and by "hard" they meant "easy".
    Wells

5. Post
    Wells wrote:
    Unless by "unduly" they meant "ridiculously" and by "hard" they meant "easy".

time to hire out a console.

6. Post
    Yeah bit of a let down really. Lack of forward play is the biggie, not being able to remove players from the ruck or any other choices for that matter. It seems 4 players playing together online means you will win every ruck with ease as i found out against a team of four players online playing as stade france against me alone playing as the all blacks (their gamertag was sidhe by the way). Set plays for a backline move are non existent and your passes could go to the guy standing right beside you or just hit the ground beside him. Why not have a two tier kicking meter too, one press for power and one for accuracy. In fact all in all the only thing they got right was the motion capture. In saying all this i still purchased it and will keep it because i believe in this company and what i think they are striving for. Maybe a world cup deadline didn't work in their favour but at least a good base is there to improve on for the next iteration.

7. Post
    Your comment about offloading actually pisses me off to be quite honest. How could you give it any more than a 5 with it's current state?

8. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Your comment about offloading actually pisses me off to be quite honest. How could you give it any more than a 5 with it's current state?
    Mate; remember the Skyrim comment about mounting horses?

Nonetheless it's bizarre.

@Anyone reading this rent before you buy

9. Post
    Just did a little test: changed ALL OFFLOAD STATS to zero yet they still managed 32 offloads by halftime (10 min game, hard mode)

Such a ****ing joke.

10. Post
    a 5? lol what a douche Galent.

RWC is a 4-5, RC is a 7-8

Hope the guys at Sidhe get a shot at RC2 - with the same 18 month development cycle, next iteration will be even better!

11. Post
    5 would be joke, it deserves a 3 at best.

12. Post
    Stimpy wrote:

Hope the guys at Sidhe get a shot at RC2 - with the same 18 month development cycle, next iteration will be even better!
    So he's a douche because he thinks it's worth a 5 and has been offering reasons why and even exploring avenues to adjust the game, while you come in saying it's a 7-8 without offering any reason why and insulting people in the process?

Douche.
    Wells

13. Post
    Wells wrote:
    while you come in saying it's a 7-8 without offering any reason why
    Cause he made it.

14. Post
    Stimpy wrote:

Haven't played RWC but have played RC and cancelled my pre-order with NZgameshop. 5/10 is where i would put it as well. It's not a 7+ game.

15. Post
    definitely not worth a 7, maybe a 5 if they patch it.

16. Post
    Ive got to agree, a 5 at the most. I'm all for supporting local developers, but we have to be honest here - 7 is a bit steep.

17. Post
    lol @ everybody being harsh..

Sure it has a **** ton of bugs... but it's pretty fun.

18. Post
    Yup, the core game is there, graphics are great... a lot of things people complain about are pretty damn minor and should be easily fixed. Of course there is some things missing from the game but jeez, their first union game! They got a lot right.

Should be directing hate at HB studios, who have had FIVE chances at a union title... not Sidhe.

19. Post
    Stimpy wrote:

slim chance. was hoping RC would be good. too bad it was shit.

No hopes for them in the future.

20. Post
    Haven't played either, but the comments in here are sounding too great.... got to question how the hands on "preview" from GP hyped it up a fair bit if it's this bad?

21. Post
    Stimpy wrote:

definitely no bias going on here guys, move along

22. Post
    This is a disgraceful review. Seriously, can you cheer-lead anymore? If you cannot see the flaws in this game that is holding it back and makes it unplayable, then seriously you should not be writing reviews.

Funny how the reviewer was able to be critical towards RWC 2011, wonder why? Perhaps because if he reviewed RWC objectively (rather than cheer-lead), Sidhe would not be giving interviews to the site anymore.

23. Post
    Why you guys mad?
    RC is mean

24. Post
    haters gon' hate

i don't work there anymore maha at Weta Digi now