Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Marketing bullshit aside, that does sound kinda cool

3. Post
    Any cost estimates for the event? Trying to determine if I can replicate this for TelstraClear at Armageddon Expo, LOlOl1OL!!!!

:-(

But seriously, $5-10 million would be peanuts when you consider their overall advertising and marketing budget!

4. Post
    Haha sounds pretty awesome tbh

5. Post
    simcore wrote:
    Any cost estimates for the event? Trying to determine if I can replicate this for TelstraClear at Armageddon Expo, LOlOl1OL!!!!
    I spoke with one of the guys running the Juggernaut Sumo and he reckons Acti spent $10m, which seemed about right based on the size of the event.

They had a lot of help from the US Military by the looks, not sure the NZ Army would be able to provide quite the same level of support

6. Post
    Why would gamers not be into Kanye West?

7. Post
    found this cheesy video.

8. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Why would gamers not be into Kanye West?
    not sure if serious

I found the video kinda funny at parts

9. Post
    Bt wrote:
    not sure if serious
    Totally serious, Kanye is awesome, games are awesome, I dont see the correlation.

10. Post
    *Gingerly takes the fire extinguisher from the wall. Waits.*

11. Post
    James wrote:
    *Gingerly takes the fire extinguisher from the wall. Waits.*

12. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Totally serious, Kanye is awesome, games are awesome, I dont see the correlation.
    Not sure myself, but when Robert Bowling announced Kanye at the opening ceremony, a huge "boo" went up in the crowd.

13. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Games are awesome, Kanye is shit :P

Kanye West is def not the music of choice for the type of gamers that'd be attending this event

14. Post
    I'm sure Eminem would be more suited to this type of event than Kanye

15. Post
    JvJ wrote:
    Not sure myself, but when Robert Bowling announced Kanye at the opening ceremony, a huge "boo" went up in the crowd.
    Meh, I guess people love to hate him.

16. Post
    Hmm! Activision's 2010 E3 bash had a whole raft of pop stars including Usher, NERD, Black Eyed Peas, MGMT, Eminem, Rhianna, etc. Went down pretty well.

Probably would've been a little cheaper and more popular to get the likes of Metallica or some such in for a 1 hr set, though? Nothing against Kanye, but auto-tuned/vocoder pop-R&B doesn't really gel with the product.

17. Post
    I'd prefer some pop rock over the pop rap

18. Post
    I do agree that he's an odd choice for this particular game.

19. Post
    Should have got Tool.

hahaha

20. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Should have got Tool.

hahaha
    I cant post it coz im at work, but search for Maynard doing Bohemian Rhapsody at a Guitar Hero/Rock Band launch.

edit: here it is

21. Post
    Tool is my favorite band :/

22. Post
    James wrote:
    Probably would've been a little cheaper and more popular to get the likes of Metallica or some such in for a 1 hr set, though?
    Spoke to one of the organisers about that, they reckon the site wouldn't handle it. As it was, there were truckloads of people arriving at the end of the last night solely for the Kanye concert, none of them had anything to do with gaming. Metal detectors were set up about two hours before the show, and the entire entrance was changed. Some people were suggesting that they oversold the event on the expectation that the majority of people on the last day would be there just for Kanye

23. Post
    Would have preferred Taylor Swift tbh.

24. Post
    The Pit, another paintball-themed event, attempted to recreate in spirit the training mission from Call of Duty 2.
    CoD2? I'm pretty sure The Pit was the obstacle course which the player runs to try impress General Shepherd at the start of Modern Warfare 2. Still that too was a tutorial for the player to learn the shooting mechanics.

25. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Would have preferred Taylor Swift tbh.

You mean Miley Cyrus