Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wait... wasn't BF3 meant to have 64-player on PC? :\

3. Post
    i thought the same

4. Post
    Considering the team deathmatch part refers to 16 per side on pc, im thinking its looking pretty grim

5. Post
    Apologies, 64 player conquest is available on PC. Team Deathmatch is 12v12 on both console an PC. Article updated.

6. Post
    So conquest is the only mode where 64 players are available on pc?
    And no capture the flag.

7. Post
    A defender can then disarm the M-Comm, but if he or she is killed, the M-Comm will automatically detonate
    This is going to be shit you will just get tanks/gren spamming mcom stations. I know this is already the case but there is a lot bigger incentive to do it more now.

8. Post
    Sounds good

But they need to limit the number of snipers per side

9. Post
    Galent wrote:
    This is going to be shit you will just get tanks/gren spamming mcom stations. I know this is already the case but there is a lot bigger incentive to do it more now.
    At least Mcoms don't take dmg from tanks/grenades anymore

10. Post
    Will the M-comm still be destroyable by bringing a building down above it?

11. Post
    Anyone know if this will be LANable?
    (if it said so in the article, its blocked at work so i can see it).

12. Post
    The_Pard wrote:
    At least Mcoms don't take dmg from tanks/grenades anymore
    I'd prefer this tbh it's not like it's a quick process. If you're letting a tank shell your mcom for 3 minutes or so you're doing it wrong.

13. Post
    HerbalSuicide wrote:
    Will the M-comm still be destroyable by bringing a building down above it?
    I'm reasonably sure they said that you can't bring buildings down anymore, just blow up the facades etc. Guessing that most of the buildings are the larger structures like in BC2 which you couldn't destroy.

And no, there's no LAN support

Galent wrote:
    I'd prefer this tbh it's not like it's a quick process.
    Yeah but then every map will just be a repeat of Arica harbour, seeing as they're claiming how there's so many more tanks and vehicles etc

I wouldn't mind if C4 still worked on them though

As per your original comment, I don't really see it happening that much, the nade spam etc on mcoms (And I still play heaps). Sure now and again if the attacking side is really slow it turns into a nade spam fest, but most of the time I've played this hasn't happened

14. Post
    lusifer wrote:
    Anyone know if this will be LANable?
    (if it said so in the article, its blocked at work so i can see it).
    dont think so, but i heard MW3 is now going to be. Should be a interesting for BF3..

15. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Nah, the article is just an very very bad rewrite off another article (cheers GP...) Its meant to say that if a mcom station is about to blow and a defender comes along and starts defusing it, it'll allow them to defuse it without it blowing up but if the defender is killed the mcom will get destroyed

16. Post
    The_Pard wrote:
    Yeah but then every map will just be a repeat of Arica harbour, seeing as they're claiming how there's so many more tanks and vehicles etc

I wouldn't mind if C4 still worked on them though

As per your original comment, I don't really see it happening that much, the nade spam etc on mcoms (And I still play heaps). Sure now and again if the attacking side is really slow it turns into a nade spam fest, but most of the time I've played this hasn't happened
    Half the time it's because somehow once BF went to on3 servers FF off has somehow become the norm. Turn on FF watch the spam drop.

17. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Half the time it's because somehow once BF went to on3 servers FF off has somehow become the norm. Turn on FF watch the spam drop.
    Very true.

I miss lanning BF1942 with FF on and just having bazooka wars. Those were the days

18. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Nah, the article is just an very very bad rewrite off another article (cheers GP...) Its meant to say that if a mcom station is about to blow and a defender comes along and starts defusing it, it'll allow them to defuse it without it blowing up but if the defender is killed the mcom will get destroyed
    That makes more sense.

I also hope that they make it so the round doesn't end when the tickets reach 0 BUT the last MCOM is armed. That was annoying when you're last ticket was used just seconds before the MCOM was about to blow up.

19. Post
    sweet, glad conquest is the only 64 player mode, assuming it will be the most widley played anyway (publicly and competitively) battlefield has always been about open maps, vehicles and being able to use an array of different stratergies/tactics to approch flags from different positions, unlike rush.

CTF would have been an interesting for fun, 1942 ctf was good for a laugh, even had some good scrims with it, but oh well.

20. Post
    No CTF

Gone are the days of wing walking and swooping in to grab the flag

21. Post
    haha yup, the old loop bail caps, or stuka dive pickups timed perfectly, miss that stuff.

22. Post
    yay for double squad sqdm. 4v4 in bc2 made certain weapons, namely shotguns and snipers imba.

23. Post
    At first I was against the death match...but now I realise it's where all the soloing douchebags will go to stroke their KDR penis.

Bring on rush/conquest

24. Post
    Necriss wrote:
    yay for double squad sqdm. 4v4 in bc2 made certain weapons, namely shotguns and snipers imba.
    u mean 4 medics vs 4 medics !

was teh gay

Hopefully 8v8 mixes it up more

25. Post
    squad of skilled aggressive recons is worse zack, motion sensors + 1 hit kills + c4 mcom