Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    Looks like classic MMO-style quests
    Really really hate it... so dull and predictable. Too many games use it; especially since it has moved into FPS games now too. Thought Blizzard would leave it with the classic Diablo style of quests.

3. Post
    Looks like a game from 2006, , a symptom of Blizzard wanting to reach the broadest possible audiences and range of machine specs obviously. Also doesn't seem to have brought anything major to the ARPG table either, except more streamlining.

Dan, are you violating an NDA?

I recognised Jennifer Hale as Leah and Cam Clarke as Rumford. Very talented voice actors there.

4. Post
    NDA says you can show anything you like from the Beta if you are invited.

Agree with Eva though and some of Cryo's posts (In other threads). Nothing "big" in terms of development, simple is good, but no Talent/Skill Tree is what is missing. Making characters to Max Level and getting your skills right was the big part of D2 for me, oh and the stats.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Looks like a game from 2006.
    Wasn't that when this game was announced..damn things that way.

6. Post
    why must you make us so jelous?

7. Post
    lol it seems have the youtube channels I have subscribed to are doing play throughs,

8. Post
    Maybe it's just the tonnes of over-hype but pretty unexciting tbh.

Probably change before release.

9. Post
    Looked really.... average

10. Post
    anyone else sick of the diablo 3 "news" lately?

screenshots/video clips/beta invite system you won't get into, round and round.

11. Post
    veryhappymonsta wrote:
    anyone else sick of the diablo 3 "news" lately?
    No one is forcing you to open/read articles/threads on the subject. The solution to your problem is self-explanatory.

12. Post
    Glad to see this looks lag-free!

13. Post
    Looks average...... really really average

Even wow does a better job of atmosphere/speed/flow/everything

(not just judging from this video, but from others on the net)

14. Post
    MoxPearl wrote:
    Looks average...... really really average

Even wow does a better job of atmosphere/speed/flow/everything

(not just judging from this video, but from others on the net)
    I agree

15. Post
    looks good to me.

16. Post
    Outdoors looks too linear

17. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    looks good to me.

This, then again I didnt wrap myself in the hype train.

BF3 on the other hand... too much hype, got a long way to potentially fall on that title.

18. Post
    refused wrote:
    It's supposed to be, so you can easily find your way to the dungeons.

Not sure if this is a good or bad decision.

19. Post
    refused wrote:
    They open up. As with many games the first few minutes are highly directed as mechanics are introduced.

20. Post
    One gripe I do have from the beta is Companion scrolls. These summon a random pet (chicken, pig, snake, scorpion) that rustles around collecting dropped gold for you. Immersion-breaking. Gold is collected simply by running over it and there's a stat on items (boots, so far) that increases your gold gathering range - rather they stuck with that if it's that important to people.

21. Post
    Is Magic Find coming back?

22. Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I am amazed at the loading times when going into the game. That was awesome.

23. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Is Magic Find coming back?
    Yep, it's there.

24. Post
    Why do they have to all of a sudden show damage numbers on screen like very other RPG?
    The first 2 games worked fine without it.

25. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Why do they have to all of a sudden show damage numbers on screen like very other RPG?
    The first 2 games worked fine without it.
    To me, just because something "worked fine" doesn't mean it can't be done better?

Damage numbers can be turned off in the menu if you'd rather guess at the damage you're doing. I prefer to be able to immediately quantify a change in skill array? More feedback = better.