1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    I have mixed feelings about Diablo3, I quite like how it is staying fairly true to it's predecessors in terms of actual game play, I must have gotten something stupid like 15+ Characters through to the finish of Hell difficulty over the many years I enjoyed Diablo 2, so the gameplay certainly has a certain blend of things that makes it enjoyable for me. They appear to have gone ahead with a bunch of stream lining which I believe will enhance character choices, but limit the use of multiple same class characters, but there is still the expected amount of depth in gear and skill combinations from the looks of things. However like others have said in various ways, they were expecting just something a little bit more, it's very hard to pin point what else I could realistically have expected though.

More specific to this video, I found the player pretty boring to watch, always overly cautious, even a little aloof at times just wandering off where ever while the other three remained focused. Also I only ever saw the globe drain at Leoric himself, and only the last 20 minutes of the clip seems to be where they decided they would start throwing other spells into the mix. TL;DR let me play it instead!

3. Post
    Sectiplave wrote:
    Also I only ever saw the globe drain at Leoric himself
    yea ive noticed this in all beta clips even though its normal difficulty i would expect it to be a little harder.

4. Post
    You had to be mildly retarded to die in the opening sequences of Act 1 Normal in D2..

5. Post
    I think it looks fun if a little easy but what can you do

It is still going to be THE game to play for years after it comes out if you're into ARPGs

Path of Exile looks like it still has further to go than D3 which is unfortunate

6. Post
    Roll on next year.

7. Post
    Sectiplave wrote:
    More specific to this video, I found the player pretty boring to watch, always overly cautious, even a little aloof at times just wandering off where ever while the other three remained focused.
    Sorry, I am a Diablo noob, was figuring it out as I went along.

8. Post
    Is GP gonna have beta key giveaways like they did for SC2?

9. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Path of Exile looks like it still has further to go than D3 which is unfortunate
    PoE will be F2P. It'll easily find an audience.

10. Post
    Egor wrote:
    All good, I'm jealous more than anything, but yeah I thought you might not have played heaps of D2 before.

11. Post
    Egor wrote:
    The secret to Diablo:- Click on things until they die and click on loot to collect it. There, now you're all set to master the game.

12. Post
    You've brought shame on this house, Egor

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    PoE will be F2P. It'll easily find an audience.
    Yeah, it'll find an audience. Whether or not that audience will be substantial is key.

I was hoping it'd be out before D3 but looking at the state of both games right now D3 looks more complete than PoE.