Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Watch video...

2. Post
    I'm curious to know how a lowly terrorist from the last game (Makarov) seemingly gained power over the Russian military, if that's even the case. (I'm assuming so since the last few trailers suggest that he's the primary antagonist.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't explained at all, TBH. The writing for MW2 was such a throwaway afterthought that I'm not expecting much this time around.

3. Post
    No multiplayer? Yeah I wouldn't show it either.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No multiplayer?
    Well, they put this featurette out a couple days ago.

5. Post
    Why are the colors so washed out ?

6. Post
    Does MP look identical to MW2 to anyone else?

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Well, they put this featurette out a couple days ago.

Interesting...
    I'm eager to see how this will work out.
    I like the ideas they have but I'm not sure it'll work out that well and if it doesn't, hopefully they'll update it with patches and even things out.

8. Post
    Probably get flamed for this but that looks ...really old

9. Post
    9centwhore wrote:
    Quite the opposite actually. You'll not many white knights for CoD's aged visuals/engine around here.

10. Post
    well this is probably the first time ever I thought BF3 looked more interesting than MW3, but I'm still going to buy it anyway, with all those billions they are making you'd think they would invest in a new engine or something

11. Post
    Sir Grim, all you do is post in the MW3 threads and troll and flame the game, just don't look in the thread if all you do is bitch.

12. Post
    9centwhore wrote:
    Doesn't bother me. Gameplay > graphics. Quake > MW3 > BF3. Never thought i'd be more amped about MW3 than BF3 but that BF3 beta was awful... Pretty sure i've outgrown the BF style gameplay (bush/spawn camping, low intensity gameplay etc). It's also one of the reasons MW3 will outsell BF3. More people can run MW3 at good frame rates without having to spend big $$$ upgrading.

13. Post
    Cheeps wrote:
    Sir Grim, all you do is post in the MW3 threads and troll and flame the game, just don't look in the thread if all you do is bitch.
    He's just mad he'll get caught cheating again

14. Post
    True4m wrote:
    Pretty sure i've outgrown the BF style gameplay (bush/spawn camping, low intensity gameplay etc).
    You obviously don't know how to play BF. It is far more intense than any MW game.

15. Post
    Forgot to add, had to cancel my pre-order today due to a **** up with the bank and me being screwed money wise :mad:
    Hopefully I win the GP prize because god damn I was looking forward to this!

16. Post
    jdz wrote:
    He's just mad he'll get caught cheating again

You're just mad I'd rape you.

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    You're just mad I'd rape you.
    totes g

18. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    You obviously don't know how to play BF. It is far more intense than any MW game.
    By intense i mean fast-paced/hectic. At least 50% of the people in any BF server i've played have no concern with doing the objectives they just want to fly a chopper/jet or do jumps in a jeep. I can appreciate the large scope of the battles but it creates a less intense game to me. I prefer small maps like in COD or quake where it generally comes down to who has the better aim, movement etc and you're constantly fighting. Having said that i really enjoyed 1942 and desert combat, im just over that style of game.

19. Post
    True4m wrote:
    By intense i mean fast-paced/hectic. At least 50% of the people in any BF server i've played have no concern with doing the objectives they just want to fly a chopper/jet or do jumps in a jeep
    Lol

Of course people want to try all the vehicles, it's a beta and their first time playing the game. Noob.

20. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    Lol

Of course people want to try all the vehicles, it's a beta and their first time playing the game. Noob.
    I've been playing BF games for 9 years now... The only ones i've missed were BC2 and BF2142. Hardly a noob.

21. Post
    LOL, most anticipated game ever? Wot.

I wish that the game would go back to its COD4 speculative fiction roots. MW2 really did turn it into a Tom Clancy sci-fi world. Are really meant to believe that Russia, a country that is projected to soon have a population roughly equal to that of France, would be capable of invading the USA? I mean really?

22. Post
    True4m wrote:
    Hardly a noob.
    Well you're doing yourself no favours then.

23. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    I wish that the game would go back to its COD4 speculative fiction roots. MW2 really did turn it into a Tom Clancy sci-fi world. Are really meant to believe that Russia, a country that is projected to soon have a population roughly equal to that of France, would be capable of invading the USA? I mean really?
    In the current climate of everyone being politically correct pussies, they probably don't have the cajones to make China the antagonist. So thus we're fighting the neutered, defanged, elderly tiger of the Cold War era. F*cking Christ, if I wanted to see cartoonish Russian villains then I'd rewatch Rambo 2, Red Dawn or Rocky 4 (don't get me wrong, they're bad ass films which I love). Possibly track down some Chuck Norris flicks too.

True4m wrote:
    Hardly a noob.
    Weren't you recommending people get the overpriced Alienware TN panel monitors over good quality IPS ones, fairly recently? I'd take your opinion with a grain of salt, especially in the light of MW3 being an unoptimised console port with listen server hosting (for ranked matches) once again; which will probably be overrun by cheaters like MW2 PC, thanks to the devs having no f*cking clue how VAC is supposed to be implemented.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Weren't you recommending people get the overpriced Alienware TN panel monitors over good quality IPS ones, fairly recently?
    You mean 120hz vs 60hz? Yes of course 120hz is better for gaming, even if it's a TN panel. Talk to any hardcore pc gamer and he'll say the same thing (either that or he'll say CRT, but definately not 60hz IPS). How you can possibly debate this i dont know.... I'm almost certain you're taking the piss to wind me up... I have 2 new Dell 23" IPS monitors at work and they're great, but the difference in image quality/viewing angles is not even close to making up for half the frame rate. I've tried to play Quake on them after work before and it's terrible.

25. Post
    Wow that looks amazing. How do they keep pumping out these high quality games?

26. Post
    Yea man. It's either Russia or Korea. WTF? Neither pose any real threat to the US. Give me something real. Or how about a military game that doesn't have the US in it?