1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    AV Club gave it a C, and as of yet are the only reviewers I've seen to address the fundamentally clunky gameplay instead of heaping praise on the narrative and mostly glossing over the game itself.

Uncharted 2 was pretty good, although I have had no compulsion to pick it up at all since beating it the first time through, might just wait for this one to come down in price.

[blogplanet forums]

3. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    AV Club gave it a C, and as of yet are the only reviewers I've seen to address the fundamentally clunky gameplay instead of heaping praise on the narrative and mostly glossing over the game itself.
    IGN gave Lastability 10/10, that was enough to ring alarms bells that money hats were in play somewhere. I haven't seen AV clubs review but I'm starting to see why Eurogamer gave it an 8 overall.

4. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    IGN gave Lastability 10/10, that was enough to ring alarms bells that money hats were in play somewhere. I haven't seen AV clubs review but I'm starting to see why Eurogamer gave it an 8 overall.
    Nothing wrong with a 10 for lasting appeal. The multiplayer is incredible addictive and knowing ND they'll keep improving and adding more to it. Single player definitely deserves more than one play through by itself.

5. Post
    grieving wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a 10 for lasting appeal. The multiplayer is incredible addictive and knowing ND they'll keep improving and adding more to it. Single player definitely deserves more than one play through by itself.
    The multiplayer in Uncharted 2 was a broken, imbalanced mess. The Uncharted 3 beta has been no better. I can see how people may want to play through it multiple times but a 10/10 lastability for me is something like Planescape: Torment where the game can be played in so many different ways it warrants multiple playthroughs and still holds up over time, the Uncharted games single player campaigns are literally on rails and heavily scripted. Not a bad thing since it leads to very cinematic storytelling but you cannot tell me it deserves even close to a 10 in that category.

6. Post
    Nek Minnit MW3 receives a perfect 10 from everyone.

7. Post
    Reviewers need to stop getting quite so caught up in the hype.

They'll review a game 9-10/10, then a year later finally actually talk about the flaws.

8. Post
    I respect AVClub generally but never the gaming section which has been fairly lightweight so far. It is however the newest section of the site though in regards to being fleshed out. Considering I've glanced over some of the other reviews on the site, a C grade seems fairly harsh even when given the comments. It doesn't help the reviewer wasn't a fan of the game play even in Uncharted 2 it seems, so the fact it's hardly changed obviously didn't help them.

9. Post
    Khann wrote:
    Reviewers need to stop getting quite so caught up in the hype.

They'll review a game 9-10/10, then a year later finally actually talk about the flaws.
    NDA money hats. Don't diss the game for the first 9 months from release.

10. Post
    t0mby wrote:
    i really doubt it....if you browse IGN more regularly you'll realise the reviewer, Greg Miller, is probably the biggest Uncharted fanboy there is. Hell he wrote an article about the best or most beautiful women in games and put Elena down as his favourite.

11. Post
    albusfr wrote:
    i really doubt it....if you browse IGN more regularly you'll realise the reviewer, Greg Miller, is probably the biggest Uncharted fanboy there is. Hell he wrote an article about the best or most beautiful women in games and put Elena down as his favourite.
    I'm more inclined to believe that IGN's review was the result of a bit of fanboy bias than bribery, Naughty Dog just aren't that kind of developer.

12. Post
    Inhumancode wrote:
    I'm more inclined to believe that IGN's review was the result of a bit of fanboy bias than bribery, Naughty Dog just aren't that kind of developer.
    Naughty Dog are irrelevant to the discussion, their parent company and publisher Sony Computer Entertainment are the ones who you should be concerned about. I can I picture Sony as being the type of publisher who would bribe the press? Totally.

13. Post
    As Someone who has actually played the game. I have to agree with the review. While the game does restrict you in terms of it's linear approach, one must appreciate the designers vision. One doesn't have to "like" a "type" of game to appreciate it. Personally a "c" is irresponsible and reflects the reviewers inability to separate their preference versus than grading a game against what it was attempting to achieve.

14. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Naughty Dog are irrelevant to the discussion, their parent company and publisher Sony Computer Entertainment are the ones who you should be concerned about. I can I picture Sony as being the type of publisher who would bribe the press? Totally.
    And what are you basing that on?

15. Post
    If this is at least as good as the other 2 titles then I'm happy. I haven't read any reviews, read any hype, played the beta or watched any videos bar one early clip... because it's one of the few series I don't feel I need to. I know I'll be getting it based on the quality of the previous regardless.