1. Post
    USA Network’s Suits spinoff has embraced a familiar name for its moniker: The title of the forthcoming Gina Torres-led offshoot is officially Pearson, it was revealed Thursday.

The show title is, of course, a reference to the leading lady’s main character, former lawyer Jessica Pearson, who has relocated from New York City to Chicago to enter the dirty world of politics. (Read TVLine’s recap of the backdoor pilot, which aired as part of the Suits Season 7B finale, here.)

Joining Torres on the new series are Morgan Spector (Homeland) as Mayor Bobby Golec and Simon Kassianides (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as a cop/the mayor’s driver, both of whom were introduced to viewers in the backdoor pilot. The ensemble also includes Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill) as the ambitious city attorney Keri Allen — Rebecca Rittenhouse originally played the role in the pilot — Chantel Riley (Wynnona Earp) as Jessica’s cousin Angela, Isabel Arraiza (The Oath) as Jessica’s “intense” assistant Yoli and Eli Goree (Ballers) as the mayor’s press secretary Derrick.

The spinoff does not yet have a premiere date. Meanwhile, Suits returns for Season 8B next Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 10/9c.

2. Post
    Oh yeah, will take a peek. Wasn't expecting suits back so soon, sweet!

3. Post
    On the eve of the new episode tonight USA has announced Suits has been renewed and cancelled.

USA Network is packing up Suits: The network announced Wednesday that it has renewed the venerable legal drama for a ninth and final season. Production on the 10-episode farewell season will begin later this year.

The current eighth season — which resumes tonight on USA; get scoop here — has gone through something of a revamp following the departures of original series stars Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle in Season 7. Grey’s Anatomy vet Katherine Heigl joined the ensemble as lawyer Samantha Wheeler, while Amanda Schull (aka newly promoted senior partner Katrina Bennett) was upped to series regular.

A USA rep confirms to TVLine that Suits’ current crop of regulars are all set to return for Season 9.

Suits creator Aaron Korsh released the following statement about the series’ imminent conclusion:

“Though I know it isn’t true, it seems like only yesterday USA Network took a chance on an unestablished writer’s very first hour long script. These days that’s a common thing, but 47 years ago when I first wrote the Untitled Korsh Project, nobody did it. Nobody except the people at USA and [Universal Cable Productions]. First and foremost I would like to thank Alex Sepiol and Dennis Kim, without whom Suits would never have gotten made. I also cannot thank Bill McGoldrick, Jeff Wachtel, Bonnie Hammer, Chris McCumber, Ted Chervin, Dave Bartis, Gene Klein, Doug Liman, Dawn Olmstead and everyone at the network and studio enough for their dedication and support throughout the years. And to the exceptional writers, cast and crew — thank you for your passion and devotion, without which, Suits would be nothing. And last but never least, to the fans who have stuck with the Suits family through thick and thin, through can-openers and flashbacks — thank you for always speaking your mind. Without you, I might start to think I’m getting the hang of this writing thing. And once that happens, nobody wins. I look forward to enraging and hopefully sometimes delighting you with the final episodes. Finally, to my wife Kate and my children Cooper and Lucy. Thank you for enduring countless late nights and times away, for me to get to live my dream. I love you. Love, Aaron
    Although Suits is coming to an end, the franchise will live on: Spinoff series Pearson, headlined by Gina Torres, is slated to debut later this year. The offshoot follows Torres’ former lawyer Jessica Pearson, who has relocated from New York City to Chicago to enter the dirty world of politics.

4. Post
    I'm ok with it being canceled, it had a good run. Hopefully they can make a good ending for it.
    The spinoff will be canceled after one season

5. Post
    I stopped watching it just before Meghan left, don't know if I can be arsed going back to finish it off, and I know I'm not the only one.

6. Post
    In some ways it's been better without Mike and the Duchess.

Harvey has been a bit one note. though I feel the Louis storylines have been holding the show up. Has been bringing the feels.

7. Post
    Yea feels like they have a little more freedom, I expect Mike back for a few episodes next year.

8. Post
    Man major Mike Ross name dropping in that episode

9. Post
    Mother ****ing daniel hardman!!

10. Post
    Man the writing is terrible, way too much melodrama, no overarching plot and every case is won by a bluff. Guess lawyers don't even need to bother with a courtroom, huh? Also still too many characters splitting up the screentime.

It says something when even The Blacklist is doing courtroom drama better than Suits atm. It's a pity because eps 9 and 10 showed some promise, then it's back to 'the usual'.
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 23rd February 2019 at 12:10 am.

11. Post
    Never really got the feeling Harvey was in trouble. Glad they finally pulled the trigger on those two though.

12. Post
    Suits and its spinoff Pearson are teaming up this summer: The ninth and final season of the flagship series will premiere on Wednesday, July 17 at 9/8c on USA Network, leading into the debut of the Gina Torres-led offshoot at 10 pm.

Suits‘ 10-episode swan song will explore Harvey and Donna as a romantic couple in the aftermath of his Season 8 finale epiphany. The realization that Donna is the one with whom he wants to share his wins and losses led Harvey to rush to her home, after which the pair had sex.

“We’re going to follow their growth,” showrunner Aaron Korsh told TVLine during a post mortem Q&A. “When you’re in a relationship with someone, learning how to communicate with them is probably the most important key to success. They’re going to have to learn how to handle their issues in a relationship the way people do, the way couples do, and we’re going to see that.”

Pearson, also spanning 10 episodes, follows Torres’ disbarred lawyer Jessica Pearson as she gets involved in the dirty world of Chicago politics and becomes the mayor’s (Homeland‘s Morgan Spector) right-hand fixer. The cast also includes Simon Kassianides (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as a cop/the mayor’s driver, Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill) as the ambitious city attorney Keri Allen, Chantel Riley (Wynnona Earp) as Jessica’s cousin Angela, Isabel Arraiza (The Oath) as Jessica’s “intense” assistant Yoli and Eli Goree (Ballers) as the mayor’s press secretary Derrick. Suits EP Daniel Arkin serves as showrunner on the spinoff.
    Name:  pearson-poster.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  708.2 KB

13. Post
    I didn't know there was a 9th, and I don't think I'll both with it, or the spin off.

14. Post
    It's not what it used to be, but i'll no doubt get sucked into both of them. Pearson looks to have potential.

15. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I didn't know there was a 9th, and I don't think I'll both with it, or the spin off.
    Ohh come on, it's been a great series! You've watched 8 seasons already (assuming lol).. You gotta watch the final 10 episodes!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

16. Post
    To surprise of no one.

Mike back this season

17. Post
    Back tomorrow back to back episodes

18. Post
    Glad Suits is back.

Pearson will take getting used to. Like Suits but more, gritty?

19. Post
    Much better first episode than last season, more screentime to the main characters and less random sideplots.

20. Post
    Awesome to see Mike back

21. Post
    Whats everyones thoughts on this season along with Pearson?

22. Post
    jords wrote:
    Whats everyones thoughts on this season along with Pearson?
    I am quite enjoying it - although was a bit disappointed with the Mike return. I was really hoping he was going to be there to help them out with the Faye situation.. Surely that wasn't the end of him being there though. If that's it, it makes it even worse! It was good to see him again though..
    I am really liking Pearson, a bit darker? than Suits which is good. Suits humour is awesome, but it would have just felt like a clone if it didn't have a different angle.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

23. Post
    No new episode this week?

24. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    No new episode this week?
    Only Pearson this week some reason

25. Post
    jords wrote:
    Only Pearson this week some reason
    Weird, I will never understand American TV schedules.