Adventures with a Weber BBQ

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3301

1. Post
    bobdobbs wrote:
    Oh well good effort.., with big brisket I think you can kinda put something under it like a rib rack type thing so lifts up in the middle and it bends to help it fit and take up less space across the grill. Have seen it used by the competition guys on youtube before.
    Sounds like a good idea! Might have to check out a solution like that - the brisket I chose was actually the smallest on offer at the time but barely fit on the grill.
    While it wasn't a perfect run with the TipTopTemp, the brisket itself was good. The point was separated and eaten immediately. Some of the remaining flat was used in making dirty fries for lunch, and some was used in making this chili recipe which was pretty good but right on my limit of spice intake.

2. Post
    I just picked up a Kettle Premium for $354 by having Mitre 10 price match Trade Tested. Absolute bargain!

3. Post
    Isn't trade tested parallel imported? , so not meant to price match nice deal.

4. Post
    kiwijunglist wrote:
    Isn't trade tested parallel imported? , so not meant to price match nice deal.
    Yeah that's right. I saw a few people in a FB group had some luck so thought I'd give it a shot.

Bring on summer!

5. Post
    Glorious day for some BBQ action.

Pork ribs using the 3 2 1 method:

6. Post

Looks beautiful!

7. Post
    So my partner just got me a Weber Performer Premium and Jumbo joe for camp cooking...best new dad presents ever!

She is also low key buying these for herself as she knows charcoal cooking in depth, get ready for some amateur cook shots over the summer guys

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

8. Post
    IST wrote:
    So my partner just got me a Weber Performer Premium and Jumbo joe for camp cooking...best new dad presents ever!

She is also low key buying these for herself as she knows charcoal cooking in depth, get ready for some amateur cook shots over the summer guys

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Jumbo Joe's are great!

9. Post

10. Post
    bobdobbs wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed three. Brisket for Christmas lunch this year.

11. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed three. Brisket for Christmas lunch this year.
    Nice, grabbed 6 bags plus 10kg of lump so sorted for a while. Got a good cheap supply of a lot of differnt woods coming this week too

12. Post
    Testing some ribs on the new bbq

13. Post
    Anyone know anywhere that'd be open that would sell #1 curing salt?

14. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Testing some ribs on the new bbq

Looking good bro!

I was in Brisbane over the break and pressured my mate to buy a Weber Kettle. I did my first Picanha and it came out awesome.

15. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Looking good bro!

I was in Brisbane over the break and pressured my mate to buy a Weber Kettle. I did my first Picanha and it came out awesome.
    Picanha is fast becoming my favorite beef cut. Really tasty cut of meat. I've got one in the fridge that I'm going to do in the next few days.
    Is there a fire ban in Australia? I assumes that all fires would be banned

16. Post
    There was one in Brissy when I was there back in November, conditions have worsened since. Could be an expensive bbq if the wrong person found out.

17. Post
    This was North of Brisbane in Moreton Bay which didn't have one AFAIK.

18. Post
    Galent wrote:
    This was North of Brisbane in Moreton Bay which didn't have one AFAIK.
    They've had rolling bans since like September

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

19. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    They've had rolling bans since like September

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Safeee

20. Post
    Noice. Aussies love a huge fine.

21. Post
    Did some pork ribs today, anyone else still bbqing?

http://iforce.co.nz/i/4tnj3tl1.pck.jpg

22. Post
    first attempt at a pork belly yesterday, came out awesome.

Use a heat gun to finish off the crackling because it didn't quite get there all over

Name:  prokbelly.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  511.8 KB

23. Post
    Nice one. I love me a good pork belly. I normally rotisserie mine, helps with the crackling.

24. Post
    I was semi tempted to get a flip n grate thingy for next time but have no realized I have a cheapo rotisserie I got a while back. Do you hold it still with the skin straight above the coals and then rotate once the crackling is set?

25. Post
    Love Weber crackle, haven't done it properly all over with belly but it's easy done with the rotisserie kit and a pork roast.

I cooked a chook tonight, so good. I made a change and bought the Weber brand charcoal briquettes from Mitre10 instead of my usual Heat Beads. They're on par if not even better than the HB's for $5 less in a 10kg pack. Going to stick with Weber briqs now methinks.