Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    Bethesda - those textures...not sure if serious?

Terrible stutter/frame drops just walking around outdoors.

Not touching this for a long time me thinks.

2. Post
    Runs great for me. Enjoying it. Nice playing without 10000 mods making it unstable haha.

3. Post
    Textures are fine, just need to get a better anti-aliasing option, TAA muds them up bigtime

4. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Textures are fine, just need to get a better anti-aliasing option, TAA muds them up bigtime
    The ground and rocks look like they were ripped from a ps2 game.

Tap talky walky pro top

5. Post
    Had a good session on it on PS4 yesterday, and will be spending some significant time on it over the next few days - i'm impressed with what they have done with it. Now i haven't played it at all on PC, so i think the general internet consensus of "Worth it on console, probably not worth if you have played the PC version, absolutely not worth it if you have spent the last 5 years modding the crap out of the PC version" is probably on the money. I would also add that if you've played the console versions extensively, the mostly-cosmetic improvements may not be compelling enough for another play-through.

The first playable part of the PS4 version was quite blurry, but that was because you'd just been smashed by a dragon shout(?) and were still recovering from it. When your head cleared it crisped up a lot, but this was nothing compared to when you eventually emerged from the tunnels into Skyrim itself; holy shit, the level of detail is incredible, they're really upped the ante on the core visuals.

I don't know much about the technical terms for the other graphical features, but seems like there's been a lot of subtle improvements that really add to the experience as a whole. Much has been made of the water, and it's really well done, a massive improvement. The lighting seems considerably more realistic; light sources are more authentic and convincing, and the way they interact with the environment - shadows, rays of sunlight streaming through trees, lights moving behind NPC's etc (ambient occlusion?) - make the whole vibe very believable.

Then there's the rain occlusion; moving into a building or sheltering under an outcrop of rock really feels like you're getting out of the inclement weather. It no longer raining when you're inside a structure rectifies an issue that i found really immersion-breaking in the original game - it's a profound improvement.

The combination of the graphical polish and the subtle effects that they have brought in to the remaster create a noticeably better atmosphere compared to the original, and enhance the "living, breathing world" feel in a major way.

I've had one crash to dashboard which lost me about 5 minutes of progress, but any more than that would have been an annoyance - save often. Also had a companion glitch out on a rock, so shepherded him around it, and he was fine after that despite me hooning to my destination. Other than that, it's been rock-solid.

So yeah, there's my little mini-review of the PS4 version.

6. Post
    I forgot how much "let me just explore this next cave - oops its 2am" happens in this game, love it even if I've been pretty tired at work this week...

7. Post
    ^ First damn quest i did i had that happen. 3 hours later i was like "Shit what was i doing again?". You on PC, Gwarden?

8. Post
    On PC yeah. Fresh start.

9. Post
    Hah same thing happened to me, I was like 'damn I told myself I was going to play a few rounds of Bf1 after an hour of skyrim' nek minnit work in 5 hours and no Bf1 played.

10. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    probably not worth if you have played the PC version, absolutely not worth it if you have spent the last 5 years modding the crap out of the PC version" is probably on the money.
    Sure it is, since it's 64bit now you can run as many mods as you want without taking a massive performance hit when you run out of RAM.

11. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Sure it is, since it's 64bit now you can run as many mods as you want without taking a massive performance hit when you run out of RAM.
    This. DX9 32-Bit games don't see more than 4GB total RAM in Win8 or newer. Lord only knows why MS added such a "feature".

Uncompressed sound assets were patched in as of today.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/489...17515028158889
    Can't say that I noticed the prior downgrade TBH. It's no longer an issue now so whatever.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

12. Post
    Happy 5th birthday to Skyrim.

13. Post

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    So EVERY engine bug from Fallout 4 is here.
    You MUST lock the frame rate to 60. Going over that really ****s things up.
    FYI they seem to have patched this now.
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/e...19582134189706
    Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
    • Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly
    • Better support for 144hz displays

15. Post
    I'm still limiting fps with an enb. Got rid of the shit house microstutter I was experiencing with vanilla settings.

16. Post
    I was limiting FPS before but after reading eva's post there I tried without and it seems all good now ty sir, probably wouldn't have checked

17. Post
    When did they patch out the 'killcam' dismemberment? I recall at least the PS3 version I originally played having decapitations and what not, I was sure the PC original did too. I could be wrong though but this is the only playthrough I've noticed it.

18. Post
    Filthy88 wrote:
    When did they patch out the 'killcam' dismemberment? I recall at least the PS3 version I originally played having decapitations and what not, I was sure the PC original did too. I could be wrong though but this is the only playthrough I've noticed it.
    I think you can turn up the amount.

19. Post
    In case anyone wondering what's happening with SKSEx64, here's ya go.

Anyway Skyrim SE's current modding landscape is fantastic. You don't need SKSE-dependent mods to jump back in.