Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 76

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    While I know people are going to rush in here saying it looks shit cos its not the old syndicate i think this looks really fun

  3. Post
    #3
    Nostalgia'd hard. Syndicate was one of the earliest computer games I played along with Dune.
    It always had that cool blade runners feel to it.

  4. Post
    #4
    I'm not saying the game looks shit, it looks fairly well made and capable, but seriously does the gaming market need another science-fiction FPS game?

    The bottom line is that these titles seem to have a certain amount of 'guranteed' sales, but as a gamer who cares little for huge companies profit margins, it is getting just a little tedious for me that soo much IP is tied up in a single format of game.

  5. Post
    #5
    James Cullinane wrote:
    The vignette suggests that Starbreeze’s take on a corporate future run amok may not win over that kernel of curmudgeonly naysayers, refuseniks whose gaming collection, or memory, runs back to the mid-nineties.
    Cant help but feel that statement was aimed directly at me.
    Still dont give a shit about this game, much like XCOM before it. Enough with the FPS overload.

  6. Post
    #6
    For a standalone FPS it looks shit.

    As a seperate statement it's still a ****ed way to use the IP.

  7. Post
    #7
    Indeed.It may not be a completely rubbish game but its still a another poor attempted spin-off of the original IP

  8. Post
    #8
    cryocore wrote:
    Cant help but feel that statement was aimed directly at me.


    Given my very limited knowledge of your preferences from reading comments I've seen here and there, I would hesitate a guess that this is not a game for you.

  9. Post
    #9
    James wrote:
    I would hesitate a guess that this is not a game for you.
    You may be right there. Shame as I own original copies of the previous Syndicate games. Surely that says more about what this POS really is than anything.

  10. Post
    #10
    cryocore wrote:
    Cant help but feel that statement was aimed directly at me.
    Still dont give a shit about this game, much like XCOM before it. Enough with the FPS overload.
    I think it was also aimed at me tbh.

    Thing is, what made Syndicate WAS the gameplay, not the generic concept of a highly controlled futuristic corporate society. The market is saturated with shooters to the point of nausea, you could take Alladdin and turn it into an FPS if you wanted to, and according to your logic, it's fun and all that.

    Syndicate should have been remade properly and stayed faithful to the original. Diablo 3 is coming out soon, imagine if the likes of a new Syndicate game was made a similar way, with awesome isometric squad based action, and huge online multiplayer support. Excellence would have ensued.

  11. Post
    #11
    The planet has been overpopulated with FPS fans, we are all doomed. Nothing can be done about it, moss well TRY and enjoy it... Maybe someone will mod it and move the camera into the sky? LMAO

  12. Post
    #12
    Damn twitchtards.

  13. Post
    #13
    Reading this has actually made me feel quite sad inside
    Syndicate blow my mind when i first played it on my amiga, the level of detail and gameplay were insane if not ground breaking at the time, such fond memorys of it yet to read there making a half hearted fps out of it breaks my little gamer heart in two. this could and should of been so much more or just give it a different name why call it Syndicate at all?

  14. Post
    #14
    Mettler wrote:
    I think it was also aimed at me tbh.

    Thing is, what made Syndicate WAS the gameplay, not the generic concept of a highly controlled futuristic corporate society. The market is saturated with shooters to the point of nausea, you could take Alladdin and turn it into an FPS if you wanted to, and according to your logic, it's fun and all that.

    Syndicate should have been remade properly and stayed faithful to the original. Diablo 3 is coming out soon, imagine if the likes of a new Syndicate game was made a similar way, with awesome isometric squad based action, and huge online multiplayer support. Excellence would have ensued.
    Cheer up.

    The banning in Australia makes me wipe a tear of pride at our lax censorship. Good shit - looking forward to getting amongst it.

  15. Post
    #15
    It looks slick, like an upgraded DE:HR. Slap another title on it and all their problems go away.

  16. Post
    #16
    Having just watched the video, my initial thought was Deus Ex:HR 1.5.

  17. Question
    #17
    Wow why all this hate? RTS will always be different in FPS. And what's this being Deus Ex? Have you even played or seen the intro movies for original Syndicate & wars game? It has that exact same geometry thing going on...and it returns here + in Miles Kilo's OSD visor...in much cooler way of course. The design has similarities but not a copy. And co-op...yes it's different but has EXACT same elements of upgrading component/RTS strategy from the original and wars. Wait till you play the full game...mainly co-op

  18. Post
    #18
    So errr no one played the demo? I managed to get the ps3 one and looks pretty alright and NO to me it didn't feel like Deus Ex at all. Far more chaotic and the movement felt like crysis 2....and at times it looked like Killzone 2. Too bad the demo's way too short.

  19. Post
    #19
    PsyEd wrote:
    So errr no one played the demo? I managed to get the ps3 one and looks pretty alright and NO to me it didn't feel like Deus Ex at all. Far more chaotic and the movement felt like crysis 2....and at times it looked like Killzone 2. Too bad the demo's way too short.
    It doesn't matter, the jury's already out for most people, and they all think it's shit.

  20. Post
    #20
    The ****?

    Why in the ****ing **** did they make this ****ing game into a ****ing f p ****ing s?
    ****ing retarded inbred cock sucking hillbilly dipshit **** ****ers

  21. Post
    #21
    What a waste of a franchise

  22. Post
    #22
    Looks great, haters gon' hate.

    There may be a fair few FPS out these days, but name me some recent ones that have decent single-player stories that try to be unique?

    You tards complain about CoD developers churning out the same shit year after year and then continue to complain when somebody tries something new?

    Who gives a shit about the franchise? **** me, gamers are hard to please these days.

  23. Post
    #23
    From what I've seen of the game, nothing really screams new about it. Take fps, borrow weapons from game people liked, sprinkle some "persuadotron" style events and mix.


    it may well be a decent fps with some new touches - but it's not Syndicate in my humble opinion. This doesn't mean it won't be fun to play, but I think they would have better off starting with a fresh ip personally or at least a different name to give it some separation from what people think of when the previous games.


    Still will have to play it to really make a decision.


    we'll see.

  24. Post
    #24
    Skorky wrote:
    Looks great, haters gon' hate.

    There may be a fair few FPS out these days, but name me some recent ones that have decent single-player stories that try to be unique?

    You tards complain about CoD developers churning out the same shit year after year and then continue to complain when somebody tries something new?

    Who gives a shit about the franchise? **** me, gamers are hard to please these days.
    How is taking a unique game, then turning into a generic, mediocre FPS, make it unique?
    As Mettler said, the selling point of the original game was the gameplay, not the story.
    I suppose if they made MS Hearts into a FPS that would be unique too?
    You are the reason people ruin perfectly good games.
    You are the reason activison churn out stand alone map packs to multiplayer games and sell at a new release price.

    There are plenty of "unique" FPS games out there. Just don't fix it if it ain't broke.
    Go **** with some other shit game, as opposed to one of the best games of a generation (and by generation, I mean console gen).

  25. Post
    #25
    Skorky wrote:
    Looks great, haters gon' hate.

    There may be a fair few FPS out these days, but name me some recent ones that have decent single-player stories that try to be unique?

    You tards complain about CoD developers churning out the same shit year after year and then continue to complain when somebody tries something new?

    Who gives a shit about the franchise? **** me, gamers are hard to please these days.
    How about you name some because a game thats name, setting, premise, and art direction are taken from a game almost 20 years old is not even close to being unique. It is by definition derivative.