1. Post
    maha wrote:
    I've smoked myself to sleep a couple times, recommended A++
    lol!

Shikari wrote:
    Kill the queen and become the bee god.
    LOL!

+1 to not destroying it/seeing how big it will get, i saw that bbq one you linked ages ago and thought it was awesome, keen to see how this one goes is it in a public park or somewhere it'l get disturbed? or on a paddock/farm or something where it'll keep going?

2. Post
    Onomnom wild honey in the comb

Catch them and release them to a crowd of unsuspecting women who don't work and read eat, pray, love etc.

3. Post
    haha he drunk his own pee!

4. Post
    gtfo.

5. Post
    jesus_crowbar wrote:
    Bees are awesome (literally) and we need to protect them as best we can.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...-security.html
    Didn't read link, but I have read that if bees disappeared we'd all be dead within 3 years

6. Post
    clip wrote:
    LOL!

+1 to not destroying it/seeing how big it will get, i saw that bbq one you linked ages ago and thought it was awesome, keen to see how this one goes is it in a public park or somewhere it'l get disturbed? or on a paddock/farm or something where it'll keep going?
    its in a paddock down the back.It should be good unless the cows decide to use it as a scratch post.

7. Post
    You need to do this:

Collecting honey like a boss!

8. Post
    lol,even the kids are just munching into the honey with angry bees everywhere.

9. Post
    9 inches

10. Post
    Swampy wrote:
    lol,even the kids are just munching into the honey with angry bees everywhere.
    lol they where probably eating bees too, because i don't think they were really looking at what was on the honey.

11. Post

12. Post

13. Post
    Bee in its butt

14. Post
    Harvest its honey you damn noob. That's money right there!

15. Post
    Looks awesome, you fully should put together your own Bee-Protection armour and smoke gun and steal the honey goodness.

16. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Looks awesome, you fully should put together your own Bee-Protection armour and smoke gun and steal the honey goodness.
    Thats the plan for tomorrow.

17. Post
    My Auntie keeps bees. She might be interested in this.

18. Post
    Swampy wrote:
    lots of open fields,and evergreens really and a few willows.
    much clover in the open fields? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tr...pens_macro.jpg

bees love it and it makes good honey

19. Post
    Soup Erman wrote:
    much clover in the open fields? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tr...pens_macro.jpg

bees love it and it makes good honey
    Shit loads.

20. Post
    Showed my Auntie the pics and she said they're a slightly darker colour than normal which may indicate they're a varroa resistant strain. She also said it's illegal to keep bees like that because you need to be able to get into the brood to check for varroa infection, so if MAF finds out they will probably destroy the hive, and there may be fines etc.

21. Post
    Cobalt36 wrote:
    Showed my Auntie the pics and she said they're a slightly darker colour than normal which may indicate they're a varroa resistant strain. She also said it's illegal to keep bees like that because you need to be able to get into the brood to check for varroa infection, so if MAF finds out they will probably destroy the hive, and there may be fines etc.
    What party poopers.

What is varroa and why is it a bad thing that they're a resistant strain?

22. Post
    Soup Erman wrote:
    what kind of plants/flowers are in the surrounding area?

Bears love honey, and Bear loves honey.

23. Post
    Make a video of you headbutting it and I will donate 5 dollars.

24. Post
    Cobalt36 wrote:
    Really.I never asked the bees to build their hive there.
    I am pretty sure that this colony has been going for a while.(there is also a huge nest inside the same tree this one is on.I cant see much inside but the humming sound is crazy and the two hives seem quite separate)A large macrocarpa trees that has had a huge nest in it came down in the wind awhile ago and those two hives might have originated from that.Just guessing tho.
    Anyway, MAF Come at me bro.

25. Post
    Fines and shit for a bees nest is gay as, I agree, come @ him MAF.
    Will stand by this until somebody gives me a reason as to why this varroa strand is dangerous.