Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    Cam rip of the first trailer for the first film, "1.0 You Are (Not) Alone". Out Sept 1st in Japan.

I have complete confidence in Tsurumaki. Anno's "apprentice" after all, whom has proven himself as a highly capable director with Fooly Cooly and Gunbuster 2.

Sauce: AICN

2. Post
    Imma milkin` my Franchise

3. Post
    oddly enuf i was rewatching eva last night
    its a sign! does look promising

4. Post
    Seraphine wrote:
    Imma milkin` my Franchise
    Totally!

5. Post
    Help me out here. Rebuild = remake?

6. Post
    stil wrote:
    Help me out here. Rebuild = remake?
    3 parter movie (I think) that just retells the series.

7. Post
    Theres an all new ending (iirc) for the last part but thats like late 2008 or early 2009

8. Post
    I've seen the series like 5 or 6 times, yet some of the movie footage looks like it was taken directly from the series

Granted, it seems to have some visual enhancements (though hard to pick out from the grainy cam-job), but I wonder how much original animation it will actually include? In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

9. Post
    looks all new to me.

10. Post
    Should be great, one of my favorite anime. To bad theres not a better preview around?

11. Post
    there is ^, search for it on youtube

12. Post
    Direct feed version of the trailer.
    Alternatively.

WMV streaming gayness, unfortunately.

13. Post
    OMG!
    Yes it's all new animation, there's even a little 3D in there if you look closely (rising city scene, cube angel). It's just in pretty much exact same style, just with a bigger budget by the looks.

14. Post
    A TV commercial composed entirely of film footage, wow it's definitely been re-animated from the ground up.
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/tv/pvj/070822_06.html

15. Post
    new ending plz

16. Post
    pindleskin wrote:
    new ending plz
    that was confirmed in a earlier annoucement

17. Post
    2nd Eva Film Remake to Add Redesigned EVAs, New Girl

The first of the four Evangelion movie remakes, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, opened Saturday, and it featured a "next episode preview" for the 2008 sequel with more redesigned EVA units and a previously unanimated female character. Specifically, the first EVA units will have a new backpack attachment for an aerial drop sequence (analogous to the scene in episode 9 of the series), the EVA-04 unit is hinted to appear for the first time in animation, a new mono-eyed EVA-05 design will appear, and the EVA-06 will feature a completely new design as well. The new character is an eyeglasses-wearing, brunette girl. The preview's narrator, Kotono Mitsuishi as the character Misato Katsuragi, promised more fan "service-service" in the second movie. (Evangelion: 1.0 had partial nudity.)

The Evangelion: 1.0 movie played to standing-room-only audiences in Tokyo-area theaters from morning to evening. The movie's pamphlet included a notice that Studio Khara (director Hideaki Anno's new company whose first work is this movie) is "accepting applications for staffers" to work on the second movie. A full review of Evangelion: 1.0 will be posted.

sauce= ANN

18. Post
    A fan review of the first film:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33869
    Not many spoilers.

19. Post
    probably wont be any spoilers no matter what they say till the 4th movie.

official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including many new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story;

20. Post
    Whats the length of the movies anyway? If is like 3 hours each.. then is practically retelling the whole TV series length

21. Post
    i wouldn't complain if it was that long, seeing it was reanimated/designed with some cg, not to mention it wouldnt be half bad getting ready for the alternate ending

22. Post
    woudn complain either if its long as since its all new reanimated stuff

23. Post
    I need to see this asap mus fly to japan lol

24. Post
    Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone - 3/5

There's not much to talk about really, pretty much a 80% direct remake of episodes 1-6, shot-for-shot more often than not.

Some of Shinji's minor character development was deleted out of necessity, but it's pretty much all there.

The animation and sound mix were good, worthy of a large budget animated feature.

They're really looking to be shaking things up with Part 2 though, judging by the preview after of the end credits.

25. Post
    Did you see it just now at skycity? The sound was WAY too loud in some parts, people were blocking their ears lol, first time i've seen people do that in a movie.