1. Post
    whats the best office coffee for a quick fix?

2. Post
    Nescafé Gold.

3. Post
    focus wrote:
    whats the best office coffee for a quick fix?
    If you mean way to make coffee then this with whatever beans you like:
    https://shopnz.coffeesupreme.com/col...-coffee-filter

4. Post
    Mmm. My early afternoon hit.

5. Post
    Was gonna have one at this awesome place in North Shore, left wallet back in Drury,

6. Post
    nile wrote:
    If you mean way to make coffee then this with whatever beans you like:
    https://shopnz.coffeesupreme.com/col...-coffee-filter
    I meant just instant, spoon into cup add hot water kind of thing. Too lazy at work tbh

7. Post
    Instant relies heavily on having a good brand... Moccona for instance.

8. Post
    How much does that thing cost? and what is it called?

9. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Mmm. My early afternoon hit.
    Single or double shot?

10. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Instant relies heavily on having a good brand... Moccona for instance.

Hazelnut.. Done

11. Post
    I see someone who has good taste in coffee...

12. Post
    Hey there

Are you keen to sell your Forte BG. Am keen on one.

PM me if you are. Thanks
    defiant wrote:
    I've got the Sette 270W on the way, hopefully it's good

I've got the Baratza Forte BG but I haven't been overly impressed with it, especially given the price of it

The Baratza Virtuoso is a solid electric grinder for $275 http://rocketcoffee.co.nz/collection...ratza-virtuoso

13. Post
    Just bought a Breville Barista Touch (I didn't pay that) over the weekend.
    Took 1 1/2 bags of beans to get it right, but it is very good now. Needed quite a bit of burr adjustment.

Bought lots of small bags to sample to see what I like - whatever New World had really.

14. Post
    I find Robert Harris Italian roast 5 works and taste great on our Barista express, I usually grind at the setting 3. I haven't used my aeropress since. I love americanos. I'm always rocking the double shot portafilter.

15. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I find Robert Harris Italian roast 5 works and taste great on our Barista express, I usually grind at the setting 3. I haven't used my aeropress since. I love americanos. I'm always rocking the double shot portafilter.
    Did you ever adjust the burr inside? I removed the burr and turned that setting to 3. This gave me a bigger espresso range from like 5-11.
    I started with the double shot but I am trying the single now and it seems good enough, although the puck gets stuck in the machine a bit.

I was going to get the express, then I was going to get the pro, then I got the touch...
    The touch heats up instantaneously which is pretty sweet - but the touchscreen is meh. Custom drinks is a bit silly when there is not much to remember, especially in a 2 person household.

I poured my first heart Latte yesterday .

16. Post
    ummm... thanks for making me read the manual in depth more I didn't even know I could do that. Ok so I guess I'll be able to revisit some other beans and dial them in properly

17. Post
    Hah awesome.
    I was getting irritated before I found that advice on Reddit - then the manual...

Empty the hopper.
    Grind all the loose beans out. Remove the grinder and twist to #3.
    Replace and refill hopper.
    Try a cup on 10 at the wheel maybe? Pretty sure the grinder is the same as mine.

18. Post
    Yeah I dropped it down to 2 on the burr and then tried setting 3... way too bitter. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

19. Post
    2 burr and 3 setting will be way too fine I would think.
    Be prepared to throw coffee away to get it right .

20. Post
    Perfected by Breville. I think about 5 grind and amount set at 12.
    Beans I get from Altura, Atomic or Roma *chef kiss*

21. Post
    5-12 is what mine was delivered at and just produced milky water coffees. There must be quite a bit of variation in the burr + bean.
    Last edited by MoNk; 4th December 2019 at 9:16 am.

22. Post
    Yea i have fiddled around all i know today is since i have changed to that setting the coffee has been running like honey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	227828

Excuse the cloth.

23. Post
    Are you talking about the burr grind setting like this? (not my pic)

Attachment 227830

Before I changed that to 3 (from 5) I was sliding my grinding wheel to about 2-4 to get anything good. Now I have a much bigger range. Also the coffee starts coming out at about 9 seconds after the brew begins instead of 6-7 seconds.
    Extraction time at about 30 seconds.

24. Post
    Yeah ours came set at 5-6 on the bur and if I used any setting higher than 4 on the side dial I would just get watery extracts. At 2-3 I was getting good crema but I was tamping every 1/4 of the grinds till the portafilter was filled enough. That would give me a dry puck of coffee grinds. I find if I fill the whole portafilter up and level it to the brim, then tamp it, I still get a watery extract.

Now that I'm messing with the bur settings, I'm having to dial it back in.

25. Post
    Solid couple of months supply:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79373101_783311775446142_1067267779276570624_n.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	227834