Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Could be cool I guess? thoughts?

3. Post
    Makes sense they were working on something big, they havent really came out with any big titles for awhile

4. Post
    If they found a way of properly emulating a PC, and let people play their steam libraries on their TVs, then I'd be keen.
    But as just another competitor to the console war? I'll pass.

5. Post
    HL3 please thanks

6. Post
    Just went to post this. Fuuuuuu

7. Post
    Sounds very interesting.... very interesting indeed

8. Post
    Sounds like we're all redditing tonight then.

9. Post

Playing with custom ROMS

10. Post
    Steam is a buggy piece of shit though.

11. Post
    even though ill still use my PC, will buy this just because!

12. Post
    Meyrl wrote:
    You're kidding right? Steam is and I don't think I'm overstating this ****ing amazing. The local prices for many of the games on steam is shit, Our less then spectacular Internet data caps that limits the usefulness of steam is shit. Steam is awesome. Steam co-marketed P.C spec? **** yeah!

13. Post
    Meyrl wrote:
    Comment is not only incorrect, but irrelevant.

As for A Valve console/set top box/Cloud PC I dont care too much one way or the other. If it is real based on Valve time we should have it by 2030 if we're lucky.

14. Post
    No offense to the op, but .. Yawn.

That sounds almost as exciting as PC gaming, which was awesome like 10 years ago.

15. Post
    Awesome idea. I'm not sure how it will fare against Google and Apple's boxes. Maybe it's better for them to team up.

16. Post
    treehurst wrote:
    No offense to the op, but .. Yawn.

That sounds almost as exciting as PC gaming, which was awesome like 10 years ago.

???

17. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Comment is not only incorrect, but irrelevant.
    How is it irrelevant, if steam is buggy, the console software will be too.

18. Post
    Meyrl wrote:
    How is it irrelevant, if steam is buggy, the console software will be too.
    There's a difference between a piece of software that runs on Windows and a piece of software that runs directly on the hardware.

19. Post
    saajiik wrote:
    There's a difference between a piece of software that runs on Windows and a piece of software that runs directly on the hardware.
    Your point? it is still software coded by the same team.

20. Post
    Meyrl wrote:

Dude the hardware will be all the same, which removes a ton of problems.

I've had Steam since the HL2 and I've had zero glitches apart from the initial launch problems.

21. Post
    Meyrl wrote:
    So you expect everyone fluent in English to be fluent in Spanish also? After all, they're still the same person....

O_o

22. Post
    this is interesting! a new challenger appears
    p.s, Steam is great, don't hate

23. Post
    Meyrl wrote:
    Sweet Jesus! Y U No understand!?!?!?!?!?!

1: Steam is NOT buggy. In fact considering the immense user base (Millions of users) its one of the most well coded and solid pieces of software out there. 99.999999999999999% of Steam issues are either User, OS, or ISP related. Get it?

2: The difference between Hardware and Software should be pretty fcuken obvious, but I'll explain it it just for you. I'll use small words as to not *confuse (*make hard for the brain) you.
    Hardware is designed by *engineers (*smart with the making of things), software is written and by *programmers (*usually smart with the computers and maths). These are two *distinct (*not the same) groups. Besides that when you have control of the hardware you can *utilise (*use) it more *efficiently (*better and simpler) as you dont need to deal with *third parties (*them who aint Valve). So everything is tailored to that specific device. No barriers, no bullshit. Its why *consoles (magic box) are as *efficient (work good) as they are with such limited and old hardware.

Based on your comments thus far I can only assume you're probably not smart enough to understand why you dont get it, but thats ok I am sure that there is a future in *food preparation (*potato peeler), or *custodial services (*mop jocky, bin emptier, shit cleaner) for you.

24. Post
    Bravo.

25. Post
    As long as it doesn't need to be connected to the internet to work properly

26. Post
    ZZZZZZZZ, announce a new Half-Life game already.