Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Please be considerate and keep any comments free of spoilers for those who have not finished the game.

If you're unsure whether what you're saying might spoil something for someone else, write it between spoiler tags anyway:

(spoiler) (/spoiler) but replace curved brackets with [ and ].

Thank you!

3. Post
    LOL these guys.

4. Post
    This is pretty old news.

5. Post
    I would believe him, if the DLC char wasnt a fricking Progenitor. And a bit of mystery? Well by the sounds of it the ending doesnt tell you anyting. Thats not mystery.

6. Post
    A developer always puts me off when they ignorantly defend something that millions of fans are trying to voice.

"WE DID THAT ON PURPOSE AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT, NOW SHUT UP".

Instead of "Sorry, we made a mistake, we honestly thought this is what our fan-base was asking for, unfortunately it's too late in the game to change it now".

7. Post
    Yeah, he pretty much just brushed it off.

8. Post
    Will not be buying any games developed by Bioware in the future confirmed

9. Post
    Theres a charity fund out there which has raised $40,000 in response to the ending, people REALLY do not like it.

10. Post
    It's amazing, it's like American politics, absurd to the point of satire.

This applies :

Celticknife wrote:

11. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    This.

12. Post
    Mother flipping reapers better not mother flipping survive.

13. Post
    Yep, despite the fact I cracked a legitimately purchased version of the game because Origin violates our privacy laws (that's a separate issue). The way that BioWare has handled the response to legitimate concerns only validates my opinion that they are no longer a company making games for gamers, but making games for profit and the profitdriven machine EA.

Adios bioware, sorry you got sold out to the devil !

14. Post
    They made the ending they thought was right for their game, kudos to them for sticking to their guns. Handing off creative narrative decisions to anyone other than their writers would be absurd.

15. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    They made the ending they thought was right for their game, kudos to them for sticking to their guns. Handing off creative narrative decisions to anyone other than their writers would be absurd.
    This.

Epic overreaction from players.

16. Post
    You can try to defend them to till the cows come home. The fact remains that the ending was terrible, made zero sense, and invalidated all of the themes and three games of backstory preceding it.

Spoiler:

It's not an overreaction in the slightest, people are legit pissed off and with good reason, and don't even try comparing it to the Sopranos again. That was just a little bit sad.

17. Post
    Actually the endings don't make sense, if they made sense no one would have an issue.

There's a long list of why there a legitimate concerns.

Here's an article from Forbes that directly addresses how petty this industry has become when people cannot provide negative feedback about valid concerns.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...r-entitlement/

And if you don't mind spoilers here's a great article that addresses all of the major concerns with the games ending:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/

If you think the endings are fine, you clearly lack the ability to critically think.

Also the fans know they are not likely to get a different ending based on current feedback but have decided instead of carpetbombing EA/BioWare with hatemail to instead voice their frustrations and make a donation to a children's charity as a form of pro-social protest where they have already raised over 40k:

http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/r...ct-childs-play

18. Post
    Afterburner wrote:
    If you think the endings are fine, you clearly lack the ability to critically think.
    I dont know what the endings are but its irrelevant to the point I made. You're entitled to feel disappointed, but the massive overreaction we're seeing is just sad. Good on them for actually giving that 40k to something useful though, its a step in the right direction.

19. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I dont know what the endings are but its irrelevant to the point I made. You're entitled to feel disappointed, but the massive overreaction we're seeing is just sad. Good on them for actually giving that 40k to something useful though, its a step in the right direction.
    I would ask you to reserve judgement till you actually see them. This many people don't get pissed off and manage to raise 40k for charity without good reason.

20. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I dont know what the endings are but its irrelevant to the point I made.
    Then you have no place to pass comment.

Imagine you had a 3 course meal that was awesome, then at the end of the meal someone tied you down and forced you to eat excrement. Then you thought about your time at the restaurant and felt it was an entire waste because you have now vomited up everything else you ate.

That's similar to what this feels like. It's not artistic choice that drove the endings but blatant laziness on the part of the writers/developers.

21. Post
    The main issue here is this.

We were told via Casey Hudson (lead developer) that the game wouldn't be a game where you can say you got ending A, B, C. But that is exactly what happened.

22. Post
    Afterburner wrote:
    Then you thought about your time at the restaurant and felt it was an entire waste because you have now vomited up everything else you ate.
    Even if you found the ending not to your liking, saying it ruins the entirety of the 3 games seems more than a little silly.

Ramza wrote:
    I would ask you to reserve judgement till you actually see them. This many people don't get pissed off and manage to raise 40k for charity without good reason.
    Even I absolutely hated it it wouldn't be enough to negate my enjoyment of the series or go on an internet crusade to get it changed.

23. Post
    Really having trouble being on the fence whether or not to just read the story/ending(s) and see what's up

24. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Even I absolutely hated it it wouldn't be enough to negate my enjoyment of the series or go on an internet crusade to get it changed.
    I don't even want it changed, the damage is already done. At the end of the day, it's just bad writing and almost ruined a fantastic gaming experience for me. Bioware ****ed up, there is no arguing that fact. I'll be hesitant before i buy another of their titles.

That or i'll retire the game before the final 15 minutes and make up my own ending in my head.

25. Post
    The ends simply just don't make sense from a narrative and ME game design point of view... unless the rumoured DLC is true (screen dumps appearing on the net of it). In which case I will tip my hat to you Mr BioWare.