Lego Collectors

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    Been reading up all day about it.

Seems like everyone, even investors, can't help themselves and end up making them at least once.
    Some of the classic sets seem to hold/improve their value quite nicely.

Pretty keen to start doing some collecting myself. Might start with LoTR.

Need to keep this thread active for when sales are on!

2. Post
    Yeah, LOTR would be a good series to do it with, perhaps buy two of each as they are relatively cheap at the moment and I can only expect them to go up in time (especially unopened sets).

3. Post
    How are you storing all of them?

Kudos on having the imperial flagship; that beast is awesome.

4. Post
    I used to just look through the catalogue.

5. Post
    Have you got the full LOTR range yet DC?

Manged to pick up the 4 sets from the warehouse on special last weekend. Still need the bigger sets - Mines, Helms Deep, Orc Forge. Might go through Barnsandnoble or just wait until one of the stores here has a toy sale. Picked up the Frodo cooking corning from TM as well, cheers for the tip

I think I'm more interested in the minifigs this time around. I don't really have room to display the full sets, so I think I'll make them up once and then breakdown. My girls are at an age where they can help build as well so it's a good thing to get them into.

6. Post
    Missed out on The Warehouse sale; will go have a look at Farmers tonight.
    Might pick up Uruk-Hai and Gandalf returns.

The Frodo Cooking Corner is in a bag, correct?

Also looking at picking up the Maersk container train, being a train far and all.

Are Barnsandnoble useful? I'd be worried about the boxes getting damaged in postage.
    And I guess postage of larger items would come to a fair bit?

7. Post
    Hey Grolim bro, nah, I haven't got the full set yet My local Warehouse didn't have weathertop when it was on special, so gutted.

I've only got Shelob attacks, Uru-Khai Army and Gandalf Arrives

With a birthday coming up hoping to fill out my LOTR Lego collection then

oddjob - Yup, Frodo Cooking Corner is in a bag

8. Post
    s4turn wrote:
    Id like to, however i've just started another hobby with photography, so it maybe a while
    hmmm, quoting my own words!
    just got back from the states, visited the lego shop and I just couldnt resist!

Lego is sooo cheap over there
    got a few star wars sets.

I was trying to get the death star back but couldnt fit it in my luggage was $400 u.s - about $520 ish NZ..

9. Post
    s4turn wrote:
    hmmm, quoting my own words!
    just got back from the states, visited the lego shop and I just couldnt resist!

Lego is sooo cheap over there
    got a few star wars sets.

I was trying to get the death star back but couldnt fit it in my luggage was $400 u.s - about $520 ish NZ..
    Holy sheeet, thats a bloody good saving! Cheapest I see it for for on Tardme is $900 odd dollars, so if you can save $480 by getting it from the States well worth it!

10. Post
    Hi Lego guys, whats the best place to get a Mindstorms set?

11. Post
    Haven't seen any Labour Day specials pop up, yet.

Just purchased the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. Even the GF was keen.

12. Post
    Ok apparently you can't get Mindstorms 2.0 in NZ anymore, and the shop reckons there will be a new one next year.

As for sale, Toyco in St Lukes (auckland) has 20% off everything incl lego this weekend.

13. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Haven't seen any Labour Day specials pop up, yet.

Just purchased the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. Even the GF was keen.
    Mean, have you made it up yet? Keen to see pics!

Cheers for the heads up on sale Zomber

14. Post
    Hasn't arrived yet, hoping it's here for the long weekend.

Will post pics.

15. Post
    Zomber - I'd check out Ebay or Bricklink.com for sets you can't get here.

Digging the LOTR minifigs. Have 4 of the sets now with the big Helms Deep on the way from BarsandNoble and the Mines of Moria coming from ToysRus. Just need the Orc Forge which seems to be a bit more scarce than the others.

Would be awesome to have quite a few of these Uruk-hai army sets and join them together. You can see the bits on the left of the wall designed to connect to another set, so you could make a big long wall and with the large number of minifigs you get and the catapults you could have a large battle scene looking quite cool.

16. Post
    Looks like we have the same sets Grolim bro! I'm super jelly that you've got helms deep on the way!!! Let me know how long it took to arrive from the time you ordered it!

Should be a good few hours building that and will be cool to see the Uru-Khai army Rohan castle bit joined up to it!

17. Post
    Lego gollum is so ****ing scary.

18. Post
    Toyworld has 20-50% off this weekend. Apparently 25% off most lego and a few sets 50%, including LOTR.

19. Post
    Grolim wrote:
    Toyworld has 20-50% off this weekend. Apparently 25% off most lego and a few sets 50%, including LOTR.
    huge. Cheers bro

20. Post
    Grolim wrote:
    Got my mindstorms there today

21. Post
    No Toyworld around me FUAAAAARK! How much was off Lego Zomber brah? Just seeing if its worth going on a journey tomorrow.

22. Post
    It's 20% DC.

Went today for a look. Holding off any purchases until tomorrow.

23. Post
    Yep all Lego is 20% off, the one at Silvia Park (if you're in Akl) has a really good selection of stuff! It was a bit of a decision between the mind storms and lego R2D2, but figured the minstorms has more long term interest.

24. Post
    Yep, sorry to put you fullas wrong. It's 20% off. Went in today. Couple of random sets were 25% off but the rest was 20%. Dude on the phone yesterday told my wife 25-50%. So I didn't end up buying any more as their start price is a little higher than places like the Warehouse which have 20% sales sometimes as well.

25. Post
    Progress on the camper.