Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Haters gonna hate

3. Post
    INB4 Shitstorm.

4. Post

5. Post
    Never mind the bollocks.

6. Post
    The closing act of a beloved trilogy whose predecessor is a legitimate contender for greatest game of the seventh console generation
    I stopped here

7. Post
    I'm disappointed GP. Sorely disappointed. I'm not even going to go into this, but there are a myriad of reasons why it doesn't deserve a 9.5.

8. Post
    I played the demo, which was balls. I'll buy it when its on sale for $10 or less.

^^ Doesnt care what GP or any review score says - the original Mass Effect was still better.

9. Post
    AC SLATER wrote:
    I stopped here
    Me too. 1 > 2 by a country mile.

I would still give this game a 9 or 8.5 though. Ten shitty minutes isn't enough to make me forget the brilliance preceding them. Even if those ten shitty minutes were really really really shitty and lolworthy.

Just let Marauder Shields kill you and it's 9.5 worthy.

10. Post
    Two had a superior story and gameplay.

11. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    superior story

Lol no.

12. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Two had a superior story and gameplay.
    Dunno about superior but it definitely wasn't any worse. Plus Martin Sheen makes anything awesome. And his speech at the end of ME3? Brillllliance.

13. Post
    And Miranda. Just putting it out there.

14. Post
    ME2 had maybe 3 story missions and the rest was a hodgepodge of unrelated and uninteresting side stories.

ME1 had a consistent plot, as did ME3.

15. Post
    ME2's story was bollocks. The whole thing was one big recruitment drive for characters you'd only see for 5 odd minutes in Mass Effect 3. ME3 was stronger story wise, that is, until the end, which is the second worst ending I've ever seen, only topped by KotOR2 original ending.

ME1's story on the other hand was awesome, hands down the best of the franchise.

16. Post
    Personally I think the game loses an entire point for bad ending and .5 for bugs. I would say an 8.5 is a fair score due to bugs, crappy quest journal (This went backwards instead of improving, there was nothing wrong with the ME2 Journal) and the ending.

This game is not a 9.5 with the above issues.

17. Post
    Isn't it weird how people have different opinions?!

18. Post
    Ams wrote:
    Isn't it weird how people have different opinions?!
    Mind blowing.

19. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    And Miranda. Just putting it out there.
    +1 for this.

Dont know abot everyone else but my game was pretty buggy when i played it on 360. Squadmates would disappear during conversation so I would be talking to a wall, things like that.

20. Post
    Ugh Miranda is/was an awful character. Couldn't stand her at all.

I've recently done a complete play-through of ME 1 &2 and I'm now only part-way into ME3 but I'm already considering putting it down...there are just so many inconsistencies in the writing; events that contradict or are implausible given the established lore. And am I the only one hugely disappointed with the backwards step in squad interactions? Most of the conversations seem to no longer be cut scenes but instead pre-determined scripts with no influence or input from the player.

So far ME3 isn't doing me any favours; the first is definitely the superior game in my opinion.

Also, nice UK pop-quiz reference there

21. Post
    Foxman wrote:
    Ugh Miranda is/was an awful character. Couldn't stand her at all.

I've recently done a complete play-through of ME 1 &2 and I'm now only part-way into ME3 but I'm already considering putting it down...there are just so many inconsistencies in the writing; events that contradict or are implausible given the established lore. And am I the only one hugely disappointed with the backwards step in squad interactions? Most of the conversations seem to no longer be cut scenes but instead pre-determined scripts with no influence or input from the player.
    Agreed on all counts. From the very beginning it became obvious that the general quality of writing in ME3 was worse than in the previous 2 games.
    And yea, Miranda is a terrible character: she shows no emotion at all and her face looks frozen. Maybe it's just Bioware's way of criticising genetic engineering, who knows

22. Post
    kapusta wrote:
    Miranda is a terrible character: she shows no emotion at all and her face looks frozen.
    I challenge you to show me video of a non-Bioware female rpg character that does either of those things better.

23. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I challenge you to show me video of a non-Bioware female rpg character that does either of those things better.
    Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2 and most every female character they contain want a word with you.

24. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Granted the first 2 are not RPG characters, but they succeeded where Miranda failed.
    Alex

Jade (hampered by being an old game)

Jeanette

Triss

Sheala

Shani
    again old tech did limit things

Anything from Final Fantasy in the 5 years or so

April Ryan could also be a contender from Dreamfall... but not an RPG either.
    Sure some are not as well animated but all showed more emotional depth/reactions.

25. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2 and most every female character they contain want a word with you.
    You're kidding right? Don't pretend like those jap-anime cardboard cutouts have any kind of emotional depth.

@cryocore none of those you listed are any better or worse than Miranda