Vegetarianism? Life style or belief system?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Vegetarianism? Life style or belief system?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ds-vegetarians

Wellington vegetarian Tashee Smith, 24, said she was upset that the sarcastic advertisement made a mockery of her belief system.

It began with a warning to vegetarians to look away while they showed meat on a conveyor belt, which was "okay'', she said.

"Then the punch line of the ad says, 'Alright vegetarians, you can look back now. It's a carrot. Just kidding, it's a sausage'.

"The whole tone of it I felt really was just quite offensive. It was made to offend.''
    OMG THE OL' CARROT-SAUSAGE SWITCHEROONIE.

I imagine Tashee Smith looking like so:

2. Post
    Damnit. This is why you have TV. For the lols. If there's a youtube of it about, that'd be handy. Sounds pretty tame to me.

Apparently there's some vegetarian lady who sits outside Clarence street Pak n Save, in Hamilton, trying to guilt trip people into vegetarianism Yet another reason to avoid that place.

3. Post
    **** they annoy me. Used to live with one who wouldn't shut-up about her vegetarianism or how much she hated animal cruelty.

4. Post
    I AM OFFENDED THAT I SAW MEAT ON TV. I DEMAND PASTY WHITE VEGITARIAN JUSTICE!

5. Post
    For some reason I have trust issues with them.

ie I wouldnt let them babysit my kid.

6. Post
    She didn't see meat. She saw a stick figure representation of meat.

7. Post
    Pak n Save should have told the stupid hippies to **** off.

They might have lost a few customers but I reckon they would have gained more for keeping it real.

8. Post
    I guess it is a belief system for some, if they choose to not eat meat because they have the belief that we shouldn't kill animals.

Doesn't mean that her belief system isn't ****ing retarded though.

EDIT: And yeah, screw Pak N Save for backing down.

9. Post
    Most eat chicken anyways, True story

10. Post
    phred wrote:
    She didn't see meat. She saw a stick figure representation of meat.
    It wasn't this that offended her though, obviously. It was an anti-vegetarian message being promoted in as much as tricking someone makes them the butt of the joke. And no one likes to be the butt of any joke.

11. Post

12. Post
    your fly is undone.

made you look!

dont act all offended.

stop hitting me, it was a joke.

AHHH MY NOSE! YOU BROKE MY NOSE!

13. Post
    **** being a vegetarian. Though at times I feel bad for the miss treatment of animals, but I try justify that by buying free ranged products where ever possible.

14. Post
    I eat mostly vegetables anyway myself. That shit tastes so good, I increasingly find myself eating meals without meat, because it's expensive, goes off quickly, and can be time consuming to prepare. Love just quickly chopping up some large chunks of broccoli, potatoes, onion, capsicum, mushroom and whatever else, cover in herbs, chuck in oven. Wait. Eat. No effort - tastes amazing.

15. Post
    DevilsAdvocate wrote:
    I eat mostly vegetables anyway myself. That shit tastes so good, I increasingly find myself eating meals without meat, because it's expensive, goes off quickly, and can be time consuming to prepare. Love just quickly chopping up some large chunks of broccoli, potatoes, onion, capsicum, mushroom and whatever else, cover in herbs, chuck in oven. Wait. Eat. No effort - tastes amazing.
    Good luck having a broccoli and potato barbeque. You need meat for that shit.

Re. people who are anti animal cruelty, that's fair to a degree, but claiming that it's a solely human thing is dumb. Should have seen the sheep that I found yesterday - it was old, had fallen over and couldn't get up, birds had pecked its eyes out and it was just lying there shaking and covered in flies. Life is cruel regardless of human involvement.

16. Post
    DevilsAdvocate wrote:
    I eat mostly vegetables anyway myself. That shit tastes so good.
    YOU LIE.

17. Post
    pics of Tashee Smith? is she hot?

18. Post
    DevilsAdvocate wrote:
    Goes off quickly? Heard of a freezer?

Also, vege biltong is

19. Post
    Real men eat meat.

20. Post
    I'm having sheeps hearts tonight.
    True story

21. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    pics of Tashee Smith? is she hot?
    https://www.facebook.com/tashee.smith

22. Post
    My step mother has another reason for not eating meat, it's not needed.
    She's very strict on her diet and has 1 fish finger a day and apart from that eats 90% salads except when it's really cold and she'll have a warm cooked dinner.

23. Post
    I eat free range chicken and bacon if that helps

24. Post
    Skuttle wrote:
    Most eat chicken anyways, True story
    I've always found this retarded, if I was going to be a faux vegetarian and eat only 1 type of "meat" it would be bacon

25. Post
    it's vegetarian like this that made vegetarians like me look bad.

stfu and keep your issues to yourself. if you don't like meat, don't eat it, if you don't like ads, change the fking channel.