Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Good on them!

3. Post
    Well deserved money for a quality developer of a quality game! I didn't even know that they had a crowdfunding campaign, will support in a few weeks time (want to back Wasteland 2, Banner Saga and Shadowrun Returns first).

4. Post
    Yep good on these guys.

5. Post
    Very nice!

6. Post
    Excellent

7. Post
    The pet Kiwi looks awesome
    Wells

8. Post
    +1 pet kiwi!

9. Post
    Very well deserved. It's come a very long way since they started the CBT in August. I got the chance to visit them at their office in West Auckland yesterday and had a talk to Chris (producer/designer) and Jonathan (lead programmer) for like an hour. Was really cool

10. Post
    Congrats! Good to see talented kiwis get support for their hard work. Great game too. look out Blizzard

11. Post
    Might play this to tide me over until D3. Anyone else given it a go?

12. Post
    This is a quality game. Have been playing it a lot recently. Good stuff - hope it goes well for them.

13. Post
    would be funny if this turned out to be more diablo than diablo3...

anyways they got my moneyz!

to those who bought the 1k supporter pack...legends.

14. Post
    I'm really excited for GGG and what they're accomplishing.

Targeting a hardcore market and abiding by the ethical microtransaction are both things you don't see happening often and this proves there is plenty of interest!

Go Path of Exile! I'll be paying my piece tomorrow on payday with a Silver Pack I think.

15. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Might play this to tide me over until D3. Anyone else given it a go?
    It's fun, but as it is only in beta, it is very incomplete. There are only 2 acts, 3rd being pushed to beta servers soon maybe. Act 2 doesn't even have an end boss yet.

16. Post
    Didn't even realise they had a Kickstarter page up.

17. Post
    Too bad they couldn't get it out before D3 then - would definitely play for and pay for it if that was the case. If it comes out afterwards I can't see myself giving it a 2nd look.

18. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    Didn't even realise they had a Kickstarter page up.
    They don't, it's being run through their homepage.

19. Post
    well POE will be free...I think that is their tool to compete.

If Diablo3 launch their PvP as DLC(just my personal speculation, don't hate me) or have any form of DLC rather than expansion I think it would piss a lot of old fans off.

I worry every time I see this

Diablo® III
    Digital Version

Region:Global

System Specifications

Internet connection required. Additional fees may apply.

of course you could say RMAH fees is what they meant...but...

20. Post
    whitenight wrote:
    Internet connection required. Additional fees may apply.

of course you could say RMAH fees is what they meant...but...
    That's a pretty boilerplate inclusion: intended for dumbass yanks who don't understand connecting the Internet costs money. Can put the pitchfork down

21. Post
    GOLDEN KIWI

22. Post
    Really glad to see this. I'm glad they're doing well.
    I just wish I enjoyed the game play lol.

23. Post
    Day 1 Purchase Looks bloody awesome, would love to see kiwi devs like this get heaps of support. Keep it up!

Also hells yeah on the pet Kiwi!

24. Post
    whitenight wrote:
    well POE will be free...I think that is their tool to compete.

If Diablo3 launch their PvP as DLC(just my personal speculation, don't hate me) or have any form of DLC rather than expansion I think it would piss a lot of old fans off.
    That's not what you should be worried about. When they launch their PVP the game will instantly become pay to win. There's no way to customise your character except through gear (as in no attributes/skill points), and all gear can be bought through RMT. Therefore those with the best gear will be those who have paid to win.

The game is designed to use the RMT at the expense of the player. If you want to see how to do RMT wrong, play D3.

25. Post
    they could do with more info, first time i heard of this.