Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Err... what?

Treyarch copy-pasted zombies from WaW straight to Blops.

They're both guilty of pretty much the same crime, IW (with Sledgehammer) just did it with a little more style.

I played MW2 more than any other CoD game, mostly because that was the first one that I really got into for multiplayer.

They're all great games for the most part, also, and if you don't get sick of the gameplay/storytelling after SO many repeats, more power to you! It's just like AC.
    WaW and Black Ops are completely different (well, as completely different as any CoD can get)

MW2 and MW3 are clones.

The zombies actually improved (imo) immensely from WaW to Black Ops.

2. Post
    Black Ops was awesome, played it heeeaps. Loved it. So I'm actually excited for this.

After how shitty I thought MW3 was though I'm gonna give Treyarch a chance still with their one - if it turns out crap as well I'm prolly done with the franchise.

3. Post
    Shadow BlaZe wrote:
    WaW and Black Ops are completely different (well, as completely different as any CoD can get)

MW2 and MW3 are clones.

The zombies actually improved (imo) immensely from WaW to Black Ops.
    Nothing beats Der Riese on WaW

4. Post
    I'll just leave this here

5. Post
    Shadow BlaZe wrote:

MW2 and MW3 are clones.
    I disagree to some extent. While they look & feel the same MW2 was an unbalanced piece of shit with all that noob tubing, OMA, commando shit. not to mention the stackable, OP killstreak rewards.

At least MW3 is far more balanced (apart from those damn akimbo FMG9's). The maps do suck overall tho but I'll take that over MW2 anyday.

As far as BLoPs overall I enjoyed it but the damn hit detection let it down

6. Post

7. Post
    do not want

8. Post
    Well orignally I never liked any games from Treyarch and thought they were bunch of hacks....but BO was pretty alright and I enjoyed it more than MW3...so hope BO2 will be better.

9. Post
    MW3 was the first and last game i've bought from this franchise.

Mass produced trash, tbh. No creativity, thought or innovation whatsoever.

Roll on Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

10. Post
    Bt wrote:

What's innovative about that other than molotov cocktails? Other than a graphical rehash of the core maps, game play mechanics and game modes

11. Post
    Nothing innovative but the gameplay is sure alot better.

12. Post
    Bt wrote:

Lol, this post.

While any CS game shits all over CoD from a competitive point of view, they've hardly innovated, or were very creative, with :GO.

IW and Treyarch (IMO) have tried to improve their games in each iteration in the same way Valve/Hidden Path are developing CS:GO, it's just that CoD is a much more mainstream game made for a more casual audience, shit gets done differently.

13. Post
    They're not innovative because the game is pretty perfect. It would be like changing Starcraft. IIRC the creator of CS left because he hated how stale the fanbase kept the dev process.

14. Post
    Not surprising, the majority sentiment from the old cs 1.6/css players is that they dont want a different game, they just want the same game with better graphics and that's what cs:go is

15. Post
    Pretty....perfect.

Well, ignoring the innovative comment, the series blows :P

16. Post
    Lameskies, I don't mind one playthrough of the games, play multiplayer for a bit with mates, but other than that, playing with all randoms sucks.

Probably will end up renting.

Wonder if IW's next game will be on a new engine?

Doubt it.

17. Post
    DeathbatDrummer wrote:
    Lameskies, I don't mind one playthrough of the games, play multiplayer for a bit with mates, but other than that, playing with all randoms sucks.

Probably will end up renting.

Wonder if IW's next game will be on a new engine?

Doubt it.
    The better question is, even if it is on a new engine, will it be received as CoD4 was, or as MW3 was?

TBH I don't even think a new engine could save the mess this series has become.

Maybe if they stripped it back like CoD4 and kept it a FPS rather than a killstreak game.

18. Post
    Shadow BlaZe wrote:
    Maybe if they stripped it back like CoD4 and kept it a FPS rather than a killstreak game.
    you'd have to go back to 2 then.

19. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    They're all great games for the most part
    No.

No.

No.

God.

No.

20. Post
    Malkav wrote:
    you'd have to go back to 2 then.
    What was CoD4? UAV at 3...airstrike at 5 and chopper at 7? Amazing I can remember that. That game was still a FPS. You don't need 15 killstreaks in a FPS

21. Post

From Gametrailers:
    We'll get our first look at the next Call of Duty game as suspected in early May. The official Call of Duty site says the next entry in Activision's blockbuster shooter series will debut during the NBA playoffs on May 1.

The official Call of Duty site doesn't give anything away other than a single cryptic black and white image. A series of "Classified" images are teased throughout the site alongside a countdown set to expire on May 1.

The next Call of Duty game is widely speculated to be a sequel to Treyarch's bestselling Call of Duty: Black Ops, which the teaser site supports, at least thematically and aesthetically.

22. Post
    Ghey

23. Post

24. Post
    Great stuff. Treyarch has fast become the superior of the CoD developers in terms of game design and narrative quality. I.e. None of the IW games have thematic depth, nor braveness of World at War. Black Ops had the balls to take far more narrative risks than most mainstream games.

(Their optimisation is f*cking arse though. Poor framerates and lower quality graphical assets are par the course.)

25. Post
    I'm a long term COD fan from the COD2 days but this is getting ridiculous!
    I love the competitive aspect of COD2 and 4 but they've really just destroyed what potential this series had to become a legend in the gaming world.

I fear this is the direction the Battlefield will head as well

RIP Gaming, you were once great when you didn't need to pay huge amounts of money for a game that's only relevant for 6 months, before you had to sign up to 3 different things just to play a game and all you needed to do was install and put in a CD-Key