Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Good review good to see it getting some love on the console side. One mistake though, you slake thirst, hunger, etc. Still an easy typo to miss.

  3. Post
    #3
    Played this one through, and found it to be one of those games that is all presentation and story, with little gameplay. Not necessarily the worst rpg ever, but it does come with some unique features such as the most catastrophically useless maps and quest tracking system ever created. And I can't work out why the combat set-up was so fiddly and involved so many of the controller buttons when battles almost always boiled down to hack n dodge, hack n dodge. I prefer mechanics over story any day, but I guess if you're a sucker for a good tale you'll love it, and even more so if you love polygon titties.

  4. Post
    #4
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    . And I can't work out why the combat set-up was so fiddly and involved so many of the controller buttons when battles almost always boiled down to hack n dodge, hack n dodge.

    i believe because this is a PC port.

  5. Post
    #5
    leopardsqueezy wrote:
    Played this one through, and found it to be one of those games that is all presentation and story, with little gameplay. Not necessarily the worst rpg ever, but it does come with some unique features such as the most catastrophically useless maps and quest tracking system ever created. And I can't work out why the combat set-up was so fiddly and involved so many of the controller buttons when battles almost always boiled down to hack n dodge, hack n dodge. I prefer mechanics over story any day, but I guess if you're a sucker for a good tale you'll love it, and even more so if you love polygon titties.
    Its a story driven RPG sequel to a story driven RPG. Its been well advertised as being story driven.
    I personally loved the combat, but if you just hack/dodge it then you're doing it wrong. Try chaining attacks, using bombs, signs, and traps.

    As for preferring "mechanics over story" then this game was not made for you, and tbh was probably over your head from the start.

  6. Post
    #6
    Is it recommended to play through the first one before this or can a simple read on wikipedia suffice?

  7. Post
    #7
    You don't have to play through the first, but I'd highly recommend it. It's also a very good game.

  8. Post
    #8
    My friend in AU brought his copy of witcher 2 for xbox from mightyape, so he could play this uncensored, but apparantly he figured out it was censored. Does that mean all the ones being sold in NZ are censored just like the AU ones?

  9. Post
    #9
    ^ Already answered in other thread, can ignore

  10. Post
    #10
    jaygee wrote:
    ^ Already answered in other thread, can ignore
    ^ link?

  11. Post
    #11
    Rambaldi wrote:
    ^ link?
    Huh? You've already replied, why do you need a link? You asked the exact same question in two different threads. Was just saying it's been answered in the other one, there's no point starting two discussions on the same topic.
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/showthread...postid=8938748

  12. Post
    #12
    Well the answers in the other thread are so vague, they don't really answer imho. Mightyape don't say anything on their site about importing their copies so I assume they get it from the same place as other places in nz, so since I know my friend brought it from them and it was censored... I assume I'd need to get it from overseas to get it uncensored. If it's just mightyape that are selling censored copies, which nobody has answered, then I'll go to eb/warehouse/jb and buy the game from them.

  13. Post
    #13
    Rather than ask in two places, which makes mods angryface, easiest solution be to ask MightyApe?

  14. Post
    #14
    i get all my answers to any questions on GP. ask question twice = get answer faster

  15. Post
    #15
    Jaygee : I've asked and they said they didn't know there was a censored Xbox version.

    Ac slater : faster ftw

  16. Post
    #16
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Jaygee : I've asked and they said they didn't know there was a censored Xbox version.
    Fair enough. If they were gcs they'd check their stock to find out if it is censored or not, and if not and you just got a mixup somehow send you out a replacement.

  17. Post
    #17
    It's more likely to be a problem with the publisher/distributor, than MA. The vanilla PC version released a year ago was in exactly the same boat. I.e. Namco Bandai AU distributed the censored AU version to ALL NZ-based retailers. They obviously don't view NZ as a big enough market to put the extra effort into supplying uncensored copies.

    So yeah, likely not much MA can do. You'll probably get some store credit at best.

    Lesson for your mate:- Do research before purchasing, don't just go by assumptions.

  18. Post
    #18
    Yeah mightyape just confirmed they "unknowingly" aquired AU-stock for it. I'll get him to order from nzgameshop/ozgameshop since that's in the UK and higly unlikely to be the AU version.

  19. Post
    #19
    So, is MA gonna give your mate some sort of compensation?

  20. Post
    #20
    Is it really that big of an issue? Its one option for one quest, and a very minor one at that.

  21. Post
    #21
    I dunno about Rambaldi and his mate, but for me it's the principle of the thing. The severity of the cuts is irrelevant. Censorship being imposed on an artist is unacceptable in my book and I will go out my way to boycott the tampered version of the work.

    Upon learning that NZ copies of The Witcher 2 vanilla were censored, I promptly cancelled my NZ pre-order and made one from Amazon.co.uk. Similarly I imported TW1EE from the UK since publisher Atari was possibly supplying NZ with US censored copies.

  22. Post
    #22
    The only reason he cares is because in the version he got from mightyape when you say "tempt?" to Mottle in chapter/act 2, he then auto declines when she wants to sleep with him.

    On the pc in the censored version when this auto decline response happens hes supposed to be given a key, in the uncensored version you get the key after sleeping with her.

    BUT on Xbox... his is auto declining, and hes not getting a key, so no shortcut for him.

    Hence why i'm trying to track down where I need to buy the game for Xbox to get the uncensored version.

    The only reason I care is I was planning on buying it from him after he finishes it.

  23. Post
    #23
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I dunno about Rambaldi and his mate, but for me it's the principle of the thing. The severity of the cuts is irrelevant. Censorship being imposed on an artist is unacceptable in my book and I will go out my way to boycott the tampered version of the work.

    Upon learning that NZ copies of The Witcher 2 vanilla were censored, I promptly cancelled my NZ pre-order and made one from Amazon.co.uk. Similarly I imported TW1EE from the UK since publisher Atari was possibly supplying NZ with US censored copies.
    I agree. It's not the level of censorship that is the issue, it's the fact that the game is censored. No matter how small.

    I got my game from GoG.

  24. Post
    #24
    brother just trying to see some titty

  25. Post
    #25
    AC SLATER wrote:
    brother just trying to see some titty
    rofl there's c*nt every few moments, and loads of sex scenes in the censored version. They only took out sex as a reward for doing something, I don't know how often that happens in the game, but in this case it doesn't let you ever get the key for a shortcut which... seems broken :P