1. Post
    Watched Julia's Eyes last night, a Guillermo del Toro film. Was pretty good.

2. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Should just watch the old stuff if you're struggling to find stuff from the modern day.
    Ive seen them all

3. Post
    Oh The Pact is a good one Some well executed tension. Still felt the tension could've been prolonged at times, but the film did feel long enough as it was so no big deal.

edit - watched Smiley, really mediocre.

4. Post
    Even though I've mentioned it previously check out Splinter. I just re-watched and its pretty damn awesome. Also watched Dont Look Back and Lifeforce as well. They both hold up extremely well.

I'm really keen to see the Maniac remake. I've heard nothing but excellent things about it.

I've got Reeker and Shallow Ground on the list for a re-watch soon. Both are great well made indies.

Phantasm 2 hits Bl-Ray next month as well, which makes me very happy. Its some of Nicoteros best work imo.

Oh and if you like some hillbilly horror, give Monster Man a spin. Its gloriously silly and OTT (and directed by the guy who made 100 Girls of all things).

[edit]I also have to mention Spiral. FINALLY got some friends to watch it the other week and they loved it too. Not horror, but def in the quality thriller zone. Written by Joel David Moore (Fisher from Bones) and he Co-Directed with Adam Green (Hatchet and Frozen).

5. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    Ive seen them all
    You've seen every old horror movie? I doubt even cryocore has achieved that

6. Post
    He meant their posters.

7. Post
    Man, Chained was amazing until the ending.

8. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    You've seen every old horror movie? I doubt even cryocore has achieved that
    lol is that so hard to believe? Horror is at the top of my preferences when looking for movies, and having been doing that since i was about 10 it isn't hard.

9. Post
    I find it a bit hard to believe as well. For a while the bulk of genre films being made have been horror. There are just so many sub-genres within it (body, splatter, slasher, psychological) as well as all of the different foreign movements (giallo, Jap, Brit video nasties, South American, Spanish, Nordic).

10. Post
    Ive seen everything worth watching, every mainstream flick, every slasher, and countless other really trashy ones, ive seen the start of lots and didn't finish them because they were bad. I wouldn't have seen every single piece of horror film ever created, literally, but ive seen everything that matters in the horror genre pre 2005/?.

11. Post
    bestgore :P real life horror is the best horror

12. Post
    (none of these will 'scare' you, but what does? I just like watching creepy things)
    Antichrist actually had me feeling pretty horrible if that's what you are after.

- The Re-animator
    - From Beyond

These two may seem cheesy or dated, but they are filled to the brim with charm, and pure H.P lovecraft creep factor. Could not recomend highly enough. Just have to be in right frame of mind.

- The Fly
    Not strictly 'horror'? but man if you are a movie nerd of any kind, you owe it to yourself to watch one of the best character descents in movie history.

It's wierd, Horror is like my favourite genre but there are so very few actual quality movies. Like actual movies that are not just gimmicks. The Shining stands above everything really (not just as a horror as it may not scare you, but as a movie ). Could recommend a bunch of japanese things.

Thrillers on the other hand... we have an abundance of quality thrillers.

13. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    Ive seen everything worth watching, every mainstream flick, every slasher, and countless other really trashy ones, ive seen the start of lots and didn't finish them because they were bad. I wouldn't have seen every single piece of horror film ever created, literally, but ive seen everything that matters in the horror genre pre 2005/?.
    Even foreign films? Monster horror?

14. Post
    Soulsbane wrote:
    Even foreign films? Monster horror?
    Yes. Everything. I am serious when i say there is nothing i havn't seen worthy of seeing before around mid 2000's. I used to be hardcore into horror when i was younger.

I shouldn't take the thread off track anymore.

Soulsbane wrote:
    The Shining stands above everything really
    This is my favourite also. I like both versions, Stanley Kubrick's and Stephen Kings book to movie adaption. Stephen King's bathroom scene is utterly creepy.

15. Post
    Keep suggesting movies.

Really liked The Pact, the last half hour was intense. Might be one to watch again.

American Mary was weird. It sort of just jumped all over the place and the ending was pretty silly. Still decent though.

Got Sinister, Grabbers and Berberian Sound Studio to watch next. Although I know how Sinister ends which is a shame because it sounds good.

16. Post
    Watched sinister last night, I'm a big fan of horror and I have to say that move is scary as ****. Not gonna lie it was hard to watch, A+ highly recommended watch at night

17. Post
    Muncher wrote:
    Watched sinister last night, I'm a big fan of horror and I have to say that move is scary as ****. Not gonna lie it was hard to watch, A+ highly recommended watch at night
    +1
    My gf had to keep leaving the room lol

18. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    lol is that so hard to believe? Horror is at the top of my preferences when looking for movies, and having been doing that since i was about 10 it isn't hard.
    Umm wut? Utter bullshit

I watch at least 2 horror films a week, and have been an avid and active fan since the late 80's. Im constantly finding films I've not seen, both English and foreign language.

Its IMPOSSIBLE for you to have seen even half of the "older" horror films that have been released. Even if you're just including the good ones. There are thousands and thousands of them.

So yeah BULLSHIT!

19. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Umm wut? Utter bullshit

I watch at least 2 horror films a week, and have been an avid and active fan since the late 80's. Im constantly finding films I've not seen, both English and foreign language.

Its IMPOSSIBLE for you to have seen even half of the "older" horror films that have been released. Even if you're just including the good ones. There are thousands and thousands of them.

So yeah BULLSHIT!
    God you're a bit childish sometimes. The original point was that i should go and watch something older if i'm not fond on the recent horror movies. I have seen them all. This doesn't mean i have seen every piece of shit out there. I have seen everything that matters, the majority of B-grade, and a shit ton of even worse. That is a fair definition to me of "ive seen everything" and answers Murakami's question.

Moving on.

20. Post
    at the risk of getting laughed out of here can I suggest duel? I think it's a fantastic thriller personally

21. Post
    reb wrote:
    at the risk of getting laughed out of here can I suggest duel? I think it's a fantastic thriller personally
    You're talking about the film based on the Steven King novel eh? Why would you get laughed out for that? It's quality. A tad dated but a solid film. Haven't seen it since I was a kid though, mostly remember feeling bad for the lady with the snake farm.

22. Post
    Watched They Live! last night. I'm sure I found it better than it really was. Got a kick out of watching Roddy Piper "acting" and the ideas were acceptable I thought. Real B horror. Probably wouldn't watch it again, but yeah.

23. Post
    JPAR wrote:
    You're talking about the film based on the Steven King novel eh? Why would you get laughed out for that? It's quality. A tad dated but a solid film. Haven't seen it since I was a kid though, mostly remember feeling bad for the lady with the snake farm.

ahh not as far as I'm aware? It's one of Spielbergs earliest films. Written by Richard Matheson apparently?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)

JPAR wrote:
    mostly remember feeling bad for the lady with the snake farm.
    lol yep that'd be the one

24. Post
    alienguy wrote:
    God you're a bit childish sometimes. The original point was that i should go and watch something older if i'm not fond on the recent horror movies. I have seen them all. This doesn't mean i have seen every piece of shit out there. I have seen everything that matters, the majority of B-grade, and a shit ton of even worse. That is a fair definition to me of "ive seen everything" and answers Murakami's question.

Moving on.
    and I still say bullshit. Its not childish, and I am not talking about "every piece of shit" either. I find your statement laughable in its arrogance and ridiculousness.

If I can be bothered I might post a list of recommended 50's - 90's horror films, and I know for a fact that there be a number of films you havnt seen. You're not the first person I've encountered to make such a claim, and I have no doubt that you'll be found to be as mistaken as the rest. I was at the Fangoria Frightfest (or maybe it was Fantasticfest) a number of years ago (maybe 2001/02) and met a guy who literally owns over 10,000 horror titles and even he didnt claim to have seen every decent or recommended horror title.

I am not claiming you've not seen a lot or arent a huge fan, but your statement is pure hyperbole.

25. Post
    Ive played every pc game ever made