1. Post
    I picked up the BWU ME3 edition from PT when they had a sale going not too long ago.

So far it's nice to type on but for fps games where double tapping keys to quickly don't register the same. You need to fully lift your finger off the key to re-hit. Will take a while getting used too.
    I spammed the admin forum and all i got was a custom tag telling me I'm a tool

2. Post
    Still waiting for a Tenkeyless Filco Ninja Brown.
    Yeah, I've been looking for that model too. I didn't realise how much I want a Tenkeyless before stumbling across one, or how much I hate my massive microsoft wireless keyboard. It's a shame there isn't a similar model with nice media keys like the Corsair k60.

3. Post
    Ultimately I think I'll have to buy a Majestouch 2 and just buy Ninja keys. Keys are expensive but it looks to work out to the same price.

4. Post
    =C= wrote:
    So far it's nice to type on but for fps games where double tapping keys to quickly don't register the same. You need to fully lift your finger off the key to re-hit. Will take a while getting used too.
    Its either a terrible keyboard, or you need to learn to half tap keys.

5. Post
    Really like my CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (Red Switch). Much prefer it over the black switch Steelseries I had. Way less pressure required, which makes it feel more responsive, though probably not as nice if you're a typist.

Attached Images

6. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Really like my CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (Red Switch). Much prefer it over the black switch Steelseries I had. Way less pressure required, which makes it feel more responsive, though probably not as nice if you're a typist.
    I really like the red switch too. Gotten used to it for typing and it's fine now. Forgotten what browns feel like though so I'm tempted to buy a Filco MJ2 with browns.
    PlatinuM195

7. Post
    PlatinuM195 wrote:
    I really like the red switch too. Gotten used to it for typing and it's fine now. Forgotten what browns feel like though so I'm tempted to buy a Filco MJ2 with browns.
    brown for gaming = awesome

also i have a quickfire rapid. blue, loud but great for everything

8. Post
    just ordered a quickfire rapid with blue switches, dunno bout getting used to the lack of numpad - but the more compact design swung it for me and price ain't bad.

9. Post
    Having had the blue switch I definitely prefer the red.

10. Post
    Red seems ideal for fps. Think I'd rather have the tactile feedback of brown for typing and other games.

Playtech is the only nz supplier for filco and ducky, and they've got no stock of what I'm after - only ugly camo designs.

I found a TKL brown mech keyboard for $117 NZD incl shipping: http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sport...y/lid=30551257. It's not a Filco, but it seems close enough.

11. Post
    My current logitech keyboard is starting to die, thinking about getting a mechanical keyboard, but they are very pricey.

I don't game at all, do a lot of typing, and prefer something without any extras. SteelSeries 6GV2 looks ideal, however at $170 anyone have any thoughts on any possible better options? Noise is a factor also, quieter the better.

12. Post
    Do not get the black switch for typing.

13. Post
    WANG wrote:
    Do not get the black switch for typing.
    Does it just feel crap, too noisy, something else?

14. Post
    5loth wrote:
    Does it just feel crap, too noisy, something else?
    Well it's not *designed* for typing as the switch is linear, meaning the force is consistent throughout the keystroke. Though personally I quite like typing on them. Blues are my favourite for typing but the IBM Model M is my favourite mechanical keyboard

15. Post
    same here quick fire rapid pro red. had razer blackwidow stealth before but red definately feels superior

16. Post
    I have a Quickfire rapid black switch and red switch, I find both are nice to type on. I think it's more personal preference than what everybody else tells you. Go to a store and try if you can would be my advice.

17. Post
    ^ agreed - you can't decide until you try it out for yourself

18. Post
    Blacks just seems to have too much resistance for alot of typing.

19. Post
    WANG wrote:
    Blacks just seems to have too much resistance for alot of typing.
    Heavier boards let me type with less typos matter of preference.

20. Post
    It sure would be nice to demo each switch! I went for a Ducky Shine 2 with brown switches. Loving it

21. Post
    Bit more reading and I can see the brown or blue would be a better option for typing, however the Steelseries is ideal in all other factors + black looks to be the quietest of the 3? Going from a non-mechanical keyboard I'm guessing its still going to be an improvement, even just for typing? I can't really find any brown/blue keyboards that appeal.

22. Post
    Yes, I can agree that any mechanical switch feels better than a regular keyboard. Black can be quite loud as you'll most likely be bottoming out each key due to the lack of tactile feedback.

23. Post
    Newly Acquired Model M reporting IN

24. Post
    5loth wrote:
    Bit more reading and I can see the brown or blue would be a better option for typing, however the Steelseries is ideal in all other factors + black looks to be the quietest of the 3? Going from a non-mechanical keyboard I'm guessing its still going to be an improvement, even just for typing? I can't really find any brown/blue keyboards that appeal.
    Blacks are heavy. If you're holding down keys for long periods of time (like WASD) I found the top of my hand started to get sore and it became quite uncomfortable to game for more than a few hours. Now, I could just be a pussy, but the red's are significantly lighter and I get no pain now - even after many many hours. They also feel more responsive as I guess I'm bottoming them out ever so slightly quicker.

Both switches are LOUD

25. Post
    Blue switch with dampening o-rings master race checking in.
    Gaming and typing and general keyboard masturbation.