1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Pretty amusing.

3. Cool
    lol.

4. Post
    Of the two evils presented, I hope EA makes them hurt in ways they've never hurt before.

5. Post
    Greshark wrote:
    Of the two evils presented, I hope EA makes them hurt in ways they've never hurt before.
    comparing two kinds of shit... stay classy.

6. Post
    EA gonna EA.

Also yeah they most definitally are doing it for the "gaming community and their fans".

Next Tui add anyone?

7. Post
    Yep. I'd guess this will be settled out of court, meaning no precedent will be set for the smaller developers. Ms. Bradshaw isn't exactly celebrated for her ability to spin, though. Only a couple of weeks ago she was lampooned around the internet for suggesting that always-on DRM gives players choice.

8. Post
    Good. I'm rooting for EA. EA gets a ton of slack but they're just doing what works, and it sells. Vote with your wallet.

Zynga, on the other hand, are more or less infringing on copyrights and plagiarising previously released material, which is a no-go to anyone with half a brain.

9. Post
    Is anyone going to sue Gameloft next?

10. Post
    after watching the video Zynga's infringement is pretty blatant, and EA are well within thier rights to sue them.

11. Post
    Norbuck wrote:
    after watching the video Zynga's infringement is pretty blatant, and EA are well within thier rights to sue them.

12. Post
    You can't spell reamed without EA.

13. Post
    I don't know who is worse, EA or Zynga. Probably Zynga actually, go EA!

14. Post
    Wow this is stupid -I'm pretty sure you can't copyright gameplay mechanics...

Imagine if this turned into the patent wars going on in the tech sector -the right to make platformers, FPSs, RTSs, RPGs, MMOs etc.

15. Post
    Think of the positives. As stupid as it is, if the publishers start suing each other because their games look the same, what will become of the god awful FPSes? Maybe, just maybe, publishers will start to try new things and innovate again, if only not to be sued :P

16. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Think of the positives. As stupid as it is, if the publishers start suing each other because their games look the same, what will become of the god awful FPSes? Maybe, just maybe, publishers will start to try new things and innovate again, if only not to be sued :P
    Yeah, no.