Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 4848

1. Post
    Where's the new place?

2. Post
    Congrats mate. Moved into our first home 2 weeks ago and loving it

3. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    Where's the new place?
    Gulf Harbour. Currently in Albany but wanted to move as itís getting to busy here, especially the school for my girls. Couldnít afford anything on the Shore but got a few work colleagues who live up there and they all rave about it.

4. Post
    Who is a good home and contents insurance provider?

5. Post
    Aah cool, Gulf Harbour will definitely be a step or two quieter than Albany.

Congratulations to you too Clippy!

6. Post
    clip wrote:
    Congrats mate. Moved into our first home 2 weeks ago and loving it
    Congrats!!!

7. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    We looked at a few and went with AA, my brother is with TradeMe and says they're good. We're in a 1 in 100 year floodzone and of the 3-4 we looked at, only AA would insure us - we use them for cars too

8. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Initio?

9. Post
    expensive villa

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...1MUWNREo_JTNfA

One neighbour on Sussex St said new tenants had moved into the $1.5 million, 60sq m villa around a month ago.

10. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    expensive villa

One neighbour on Sussex St said new tenants had moved into the $1.5 million, 60sq m villa around a month ago.
    Pretty good price for that street tbh. When I looked there a while ago there was nothing under $1.7m.

11. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    expensive villa

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...1MUWNREo_JTNfA

Is this the villa where mongrel mob have moved in and have devalued the entire block of houses.

12. Post
    scholar wrote:
    Pretty good price for that street tbh. When I looked there a while ago there was nothing under $1.7m.
    yeah but for 60sq m?

thats 2.5x for sq m what I just paid for my new place

13. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    yeah but for 60sq m?

The villa itself isnt worth much, its the dirt it is sitting on that holds the value.
    Between Grey Lynn and the CBD is a pretty desirable place to live for many people.

14. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    yeah but for 60sq m?

It would be worth the same if it were an empty section. Auckland market = land market.

15. Post
    It's also not an apartment lol.

16. Post
    scholar wrote:
    It would be worth the same if it were an empty section. Auckland market = land market.
    oh yeah true, my brain forgot villa = house and land.

17. Post
    Has anybody been sent a bill from Auckland Council for a Code of Compliance Certificate that they did not request? Its for an upgrade of an existing storm water/sewer. Addressed to me and my correct address.
    Reads as follows:

Code compliance certificate awaiting payment

We are pleased to advise that your code compliance certificate (CCC) is ready and can be issued once outstanding fees are paid; your invoice is attached. Once we receive payment we will send your CCC to you either by post or alternatively you can come into the above area office and collect it upon payment of any outstanding fees due.

If you are collecting your CCC from your area office, please allow 15-20 minutes for us to prepare and issue your CCC. If you have paid your invoice via the internet, please bring evidence of the payment in when you come to collect your CCC.

Please note that your CCC must be uplifted within 20 working days (one month) of the date of this letter. Under section 240 (2) of the Building Act 2004, council may refuse the function or service, unless the fee, charge or levy is paid.

If you have any further queries regarding this matter, please contact the undersigned on (09) 301 0101 or email quoting the above building consent number.

Yours faithfully

xxxx

Regulatory Support Officer

BUILDING CONSENTS

18. Post
    Are you on a cross lease title with someone else?

19. Post
    No cross lease.

20. Post
    you could, call them,

Probably a system error on their part, have you noticed any works occuring?

21. Post
    Ive received no correspondence from tenants nor PM. I've already emailed the person with zero reply and called up AC with no clear reason for this. I disputed it the bill as I've never requested a building consent in the 6 years of ownership. Most of the reason for the post was interest in forum members having been in a similar situation and the resolution.

22. Post
    40,000 homes empty in Auckland now.

Buy a property, wait for the value to increase, sell for tax-free profit in later years. Dont put a tenant in case they wreck the value. Dont Property manage it, in case you get poor property manager. Just pay rates and insurance.

23. Post
    I reckon there should be some sort of tax to prevent that from happening.

24. Post
    labcat wrote:
    I reckon there should be some sort of tax to prevent that from happening.
    Yep ... but with 50% of rentals in the hands of mum-and-dad investors (probably regular voters too) and probably half the politicians owning rentals, dont expect any action there.

25. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    40,000 homes empty in Auckland now.

Buy a property, wait for the value to increase, sell for tax-free profit in later years. Dont put a tenant in case they wreck the value. Dont Property manage it, in case you get poor property manager. Just pay rates and insurance.
    Those numbers donít remotely mean what you think they do. If homeowners are on holiday the night of the census they are classified as unoccupied, someone just simply not being there for any reason counts as unoccupied. complete face palm, but by all means keep drawing unwarranted conclusions.