Auckland Property Prices

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4556

1. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Yes also. In fact anything over half an hour can eat a bag of dicks.
    Used to know someone who drove from Warkworth to the cbd each day for work
    F that!

2. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    That's not a nice thing to call your house.
    Haha whoops. Typing on my phone doesn’t always end well!
    I will be commuting from Papakura to the CBD. 1hr each way via train. One of the last semi affordable places left in Auckland.

3. Post
    Sunlight wrote:
    Haha whoops. Typing on my phone doesn’t always end well!
    I will be commuting from Papakura to the CBD. 1hr each way via train. One of the last semi affordable places left in Auckland.
    Out west along the western rail line is still semi affordable too. From New Lynn outwards.

4. Post
    I guess it's how you define affordable.

5. Post
    Sunlight wrote:
    We just purchased our first house in Auckland. Way down south in Papakura since it was what we could afford.
    A mate has done the same. It's. A nice house. They're planning on getting some flat mates.

He works out east so it is convenient.

6. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Our mortgage is going to be cheaper than our rent we were paying

7. Post
    Mr sika wrote:
    A mate has done the same. It's. A nice house. They're planning on getting some flat mates.

He works out east so it is convenient.
    Will be great if they ever end up upgrading Mill Road too

8. Post
    Sorry so is the consensus here that this whole house prices dropping thing is rubbish?

I was talking to a friend last night who works in real estate in Sydney. In her opinion over the past couple of weeks she's seen the market there pick up again. Apparently people were scared for a while but now they're starting to poke their heads back out and spending again.

9. Post
    Real estate agents are often the worst people to ask about the market.

10. Post
    As for Auckland, its a bit different. Hasnt dropped nearly as much and Id say investor confidence is pretty low at the moment with tax changes and legislation and Sir Mickey's TWG due announce their bloodsucking recommendations pretty soon. But banks and reserve bank seem to be trying to encourage a bit of spend up so we'll just have to see how far it does drop.

11. Post
    As an aside I got a letter from the BNZ the other day saying how they're bringing in new punitive rates for investment properties, automatically without any discourse - they'll either deem a property you hold with them to be an investment property or not and charge you up to a percent more. That indicates perhaps they're pre-empting future state imposed rules regarding investments.

12. Post
    Interesting. Likely that other banks will be thinking something similar. As its targeted to investment properties, and the mortgage interest portion is a claimable expense, I cant see it being that much of big deal. Pass it onto the tenant if anything.

13. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Affordable is probably between 500k to 600k for a basic house in Auckland, at current interest rates. As basic as a 90s Toyota Corolla. If you want all the bells and whistles that are deemed necessary these days then you’ll have to pay significantly more.

Affordable is not 400k in Auckland. Those days are long gone (although last witnessed as recently as only 5 years ago).

14. Post
    Rebound wrote:
    Wellington too, supply is a huge issue for buying and renting in Auckland. Some 20 people showed up for the first open home across the street from me in Mangere Bridge on the weekend.
    I wonder how many will be turning up this week?

Police have come under intense pressure to do something, and do it differently, at a packed public meeting in the Auckland suburb of Māngere Bridge on Monday night.

Emotions were high and voices broke as locals told their stories of relentless noise, drinking, unanswered calls to police, rubbish, disorder and feeling intimidated in their own backyard.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...scapable-noise

15. Post
    Some suburbs have a harder time gentrifying.

16. Post
    hypotenuse wrote:
    Some suburbs have a harder time gentrifying.
    Something in nothing really. The old bridge has always been a gathering spot and it's just that the Police have been pig-useless at enforcing the law for the last 18 months and activity has been snowballing because it was essentially an unrestricted party central. One idiot shooting another is what needed to happen, so now the cops will be forced to actually enforce the law as opposed to eating doughnuts while holding a laser-gun on the side of the motorway.

The MB community is actually really lovely, which is why these retards come to the place to party, because auntie would box their ears if they did it where they actually live.

17. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    so now the cops will be forced to actually enforce the law.
    Will they though? Police (and to be fair, pretty much most organisations) are quick to point out how an issue is not their problem. There may be an "out" for the police to not have to take responsibility for a bunch of folk being rowdy in this fashion. I can't immediately see what it is but I bet they'll use it if they can.

18. Post
    I think the fact that there's people getting shot and gunmen still on the loose is a bad enough look for the gummint that word will come down from the ministerial level to throw some belated active policing at it for a while. Especially so when there's a documented legacy of ~2 years complaints that have fallen on deaf ears, most of it under the current government/council's watch.

19. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    I think the fact that there's people getting shot and gunmen still on the loose is a bad enough look for the gummint that word will come down from the ministerial level to throw some belated active policing at it for a while. Especially so when there's a documented legacy of ~2 years complaints that have fallen on deaf ears, most of it under the current government/council's watch.
    Huh?

Young people hooning around in cars, drinking, fighting, and occasionally stabbing each other is somehow Labour's fault?

You got any idea how many drunk young people got stabbed while John Keye was PM?

20. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Huh?

Young people hooning around in cars, drinking, fighting, and occasionally stabbing each other is somehow Labour's fault?

You got any idea how many drunk young people got stabbed while John Keye was PM?
    No, just saying as a local that the lack of police presence in the area came with the change in government. Not saying its Labours fault, but it's a correlation that the government will be keen to reverse.

And if you bothered to read it's not hooning so much as drinking and partying, and the people aren't young.... mainly people in their thirties... mind you that'd be young to you.

21. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    Something in nothing really. The old bridge has always been a gathering spot and it's just that the Police have been pig-useless at enforcing the law for the last 18 months and activity has been snowballing because it was essentially an unrestricted party central. One idiot shooting another is what needed to happen, so now the cops will be forced to actually enforce the law as opposed to eating doughnuts while holding a laser-gun on the side of the motorway.

The MB community is actually really lovely, which is why these retards come to the place to party, because auntie would box their ears if they did it where they actually live.
    Did you go to the meeting mate? I couldn't go as I am overseas.

22. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    No, just saying as a local that the lack of police presence in the area came with the change in government. Not saying its Labours fault, but it's a correlation that the government will be keen to reverse.

And if you bothered to read it's not hooning so much as drinking and partying, and the people aren't young.... mainly people in their thirties... mind you that'd be young to you.
    We've got some shit behavior down the local beach that's been going on for years.

A lot of it's around stuff that the law don't properly address, like alcohol bans that don't come into effect till after 10pm, disorderly behavior, and kids that know their rights, but **** all else etc etc.

Not sure what the cops are supposed to do.

23. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    We've got some shit behavior down the local beach that's been going on for years.

A lot of it's around stuff that the law don't properly address, like alcohol bans that don't come into effect till after 10pm, disorderly behavior, and kids that know their rights, but **** all else etc etc.

Not sure what the cops are supposed to do.
    Popo ain’t gonna do jack unless they’re obliged to.

24. Post
    If the cops sat about waiting for crimes they'd get moaned at for spying on people. They can't win.

25. Post
    The issue in Mangere Bridge is that the residents are calling the cops pretty much every night and are getting told by the police that it's a council matter and to call them (despite clear and repeated breaches of the 24/7 alcohol ban), the council are then telling the residents that it's a police matter.... End result, despite the community trying to do something about it, the problem festers away becoming greater because neither organisation is doing the job they're paid to do.

Honestly, when I heard about it, I wouldn't have been surprised if the shooter was a fed up resident, the people nearby there have had it so s**t for the past 2 years or so. It's just sad that it's had to come to someone getting shot for the police to fess up to the fact that they haven't been doing their job properly. Hopefully now there'll be an improvement, god knows the residents there deserve it.