1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Afraid that the longevity will mean less people buy bf4....

because bf3 is so immune to cheats as it is.

3. Post
    I think they don't want to allow mod support, because they are afraid people won't buy over-priced premium/DLC content if there was better free user made content out there.

4. Post
    crazystu wrote:
    I think they don't want to allow mod support, because they are afraid people won't buy over-priced premium/DLC content if there was better free user made content out there.
    bingo!

5. Post
    "He also stated that his company wanted such tools to be available on console as well as PC, something that was substantially trickier to implement."

Bullshit statement of the year?

6. Post
    Adding mod support != releasing the source code. It wouldn't make much difference to the number of hacks as say releasing the source code might.

IF there were more hacks then just more actively and aggressively stomp them out as they appear. Business as usual.
    Malkav wrote:
    Afraid that the longevity will mean less people buy bf4....

because bf3 is so immune to cheats as it is.
    This in a nutshell.

7. Post
    I don't see the problem here, just put out a damn map editor/creator for UNRANKED multiplayer and allow hosting rather than the servers so the don't have to care about hacks/cheats/glitchers

8. Post
    I call BS. They are just grubbing for money with this, probably hoping to step up to an 18 month release cycle a' la COD.
    Some things concerned gamers can do to improve the scene...
    Never buy online unless it's a hard copy.
    Never buy a console.
    Never believe reviews.
    Avoid Steam / Origin etc. wherever possible.

9. Post
    wtf is this idiot talking about. bf3 and every other FPS game is full of hacks, regardless of mod tools.

He just wants to keep the money to himself so people cant create their own content

10. Post
    Lazza wrote:
    I call BS. They are just grubbing for money with this, probably hoping to step up to an 18 month release cycle a' la COD.
    Some things concerned gamers can do to improve the scene...
    Never buy online unless it's a hard copy.
    Never buy a console.
    Never believe reviews.
    Avoid Steam / Origin etc. wherever possible.
    So basically just dont play games?

Online is where the world is moving. Never buying online is only something a luddite would suggest.
    Steam/origin are fine. The world is digital. Get used to it

11. Post
    entensity wrote:
    So basically just dont play games?

Online is where the world is moving. Never buying online is only something a luddite would suggest.
    Steam/origin are fine. The world is digital. Get used to it
    Lol @ all.