Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    popopop wrote:
    just watch videos of it, if it looks fun then buy it.
    Yeah I watch let's play videos these days. Often you hear about some amazing game with decent scores etc, but then when you watch a few mins of gameplay footage it's obvious whether it's just another generic game designed for 12-year-olds.
    Often reviews are just an extension of marketing material, harping on about a few special features that the publisher spoon-fed to them. But who even cares unless the basic gameplay is decent.

Gameplanet reviews are pretty good. Except the scores don't mean anything.
    lumpy custard

2. Post
    Emma Stone never asked for this.

3. Post
    $29 on MA worth the purchase?

4. Post
    ^
    If that's the price of the console version, then yes.

PC version? Hell no. You'll get MUCH better deals through digital distro sales.

5. Post
    Thanks and yes 360

6. Post
    360, so yup go for it.

7. Post
    So what did the DLC add ?? and any mods or anything ??

Was a fantastic game... however it seemed rather short/nothing to do once you finished it

8. Post
    Mox wrote:
    So what did the DLC add ??
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sleeping+dogs+DLC

9. Post
    This game bores me a little. I mean the combat is fun, but the story is the same old crap, and the missions are just go here and kill these dudes. I think I'm about 10hrs in and I'm a few missions past the wedding. Does it get considerably better? I mean, I still can't afford most cars or have the cred for most clothes yet. I dunno, it's a good game it just doesn't grab me and keep me sucked in.

10. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    This game bores me a little. I mean the combat is fun, but the story is the same old crap, and the missions are just go here and kill these dudes. I think I'm about 10hrs in and I'm a few missions past the wedding. Does it get considerably better? I mean, I still can't afford most cars or have the cred for most clothes yet. I dunno, it's a good game it just doesn't grab me and keep me sucked in.
    I got up to the wedding and haven;t played since.. game does get stale fast. I was in awe at the start however, the setting looked fantastic.

11. Post
    jords wrote:
    Thanks and yes 360
    Damn man, you should have looked out for the Xbox 360 ultimate sale they had during February. Sleeping dogs was on sale for $4.99 lol. I think it was wrongly priced but it was a bargain back then. Same with Max Payne 3 $4.99.

One of the more enjoyable games from last year along with FC3.

12. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    I felt the opposite. Its my favourite crime sandbox game in ages. The story was great.

13. Post
    This is one of the few games that I actually finished -I found it a lot of fun...

There are a lot of great "set piece" shoot outs and fights.

14. Post
    The best game if you are Cantonese because of the NPC talk rofl. Some interesting convos lols. (And some 3rd rate NPC voice acting at times).

gold like this:

Oh yeah, they swear alot in Cantonese in Sleeping Dogs lol.
    EDIT: The translation, which is accurate enough, doesn't come through the embedding for some reason. You can watch it on Youtube proper no probs.

15. Post
    Yeah this is way up there as one of my favourite games. I just wander aimlessly for hours revelling in its beauty. Maybe you guys not enjoying it need to turn up the gfx?

/canofworms
    lumpy custard