1. Post
    Mate are you in Auckland? if you are message me i will give you Benzo same ingredient has Spary and walk away for $17.50 for 1 Litre which makes 20L.

2. Post
    ne0 wrote:
    use both - good products. even use shower witch on the bbq.

Tigers claw gets the shower glass clear around the bottom where soap etc builds up.
    He asked if it was too expensive, not if it was any good.

It is too expensive, so it doesn't matter if it is any good.

3. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    He asked if it was too expensive, not if it was any good.

It is too expensive, so it doesn't matter if it is any good.
    to be fair in that particular post he was replying to a question I asked not the original OP so it was a relevant answer. Im not particularly bothered by the cost.

4. Post
    Checking into 2012 thread

5. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    to be fair in that particular post he was replying to a question I asked not the original OP so it was a relevant answer. Im not particularly bothered by the cost.
    So if a guy claims his new $100 flour is a miracle product, and then someone points out it's just Pam's $2 flour in a fancy package and big advertising budget, you'd go for the $100 stuff?

6. Post
    Unless I am missing something no one has offered a $2 equivalent for shower glass cleaning? Particularly something on par with the Tigers claw product? Needs to be something that wont scratch with very low abrasive properties. The other listed products are all mould / mildew focused chemicals which unless I'm mistaken will not be that effective on water spots and calcium deposits?

7. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Unless I am missing something no one has offered a $2 equivalent for shower glass cleaning? Particularly something on par with the Tigers claw product? Needs to be something that wont scratch with very low abrasive properties. The other listed products are all mould / mildew focused chemicals which unless I'm mistaken will not be that effective on water spots and calcium deposits?
    Melamine foam (generic "Magic eraser" stuff)

8. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Melamine foam (generic "Magic eraser" stuff)
    Ah ok thanks! So something like this? http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Pro...ockcode=207919

I'm just being overly careful is the shower cost about 8k so the last thing I want to do is scratch the glass.

9. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Ah ok thanks! So something like this? http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Pro...ockcode=207919

I'm just being overly careful is the shower cost about 8k so the last thing I want to do is scratch the glass.
    Yeah, you can buy it much cheaper in bulk from eg aliexpress.

10. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    The glass was probably $10 from china.

11. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Unless I am missing something no one has offered a $2 equivalent for shower glass cleaning? Particularly something on par with the Tigers claw product? Needs to be something that wont scratch with very low abrasive properties.
    Tooth paste.

12. Post
    Cheers KevinL for the good advice, investigating now. Will try your suggestion as well, Si.

serious>klown wrote:
    The glass was probably $10 from china.
    breaking news; raw materials are cheap. Bespoke design, waterproofing, tiling, licenced plumbing, council permits and 10 year warranties are not.

Irrespective of all that, does the fact that the glass is probably not expensive mean I want it scratched?

13. Post
    Let me know how you go Mikos. Keen to get my shower glass clean too. It's not too bad cus we dry it after each use, but there is still build up at the bottom and hard to reach places.

14. Post
    Tiger Paw is legit and not as much work as you'd think. The abrasive lasts for ages with proper care when not in use. It doesn't leave any scratches or visible marks. Would endorse.

15. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Let me know how you go Mikos. Keen to get my shower glass clean too. It's not too bad cus we dry it after each use, but there is still build up at the bottom and hard to reach places.
    So I found a branded magic eraser pad in countdown for $2.50. At work currently so I cant remember the name but it was in yellow packaging. It looks very similar to photos of what kevin L described but did not explicitly state what the constituent chemical was (other than to say nano particles/fibres lol). On Saturday I did a full clean with a lot of elbow grease (maybe 15 minutes work), the results were initially very good but after the surface dried there was still a subtle amount of water spotting. It has removed all the soap scum. For the price I am very happy, and it is a better result than previous cleans I have done. Still interested in other options as I think there is still room for improvement on the water spots.

The sponge was completely destroyed by the end of the clean.

Does anyone know if tiger paw is Melamine foam or not?

simblor wrote:
    Tiger Paw is legit and not as much work as you'd think. The abrasive lasts for ages with proper care when not in use. It doesn't leave any scratches or visible marks. Would endorse.
    Thanks good to know

16. Post
    Use 50/50 mix of bleach and water.

17. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    So I found a branded magic eraser pad in countdown for $2.50. At work currently so I cant remember the name but it was in yellow packaging. It looks very similar to photos of what kevin L described but did not explicitly state what the constituent chemical was (other than to say nano particles/fibres lol). On Saturday I did a full clean with a lot of elbow grease (maybe 15 minutes work), the results were initially very good but after the surface dried there was still a subtle amount of water spotting. It has removed all the soap scum. For the price I am very happy, and it is a better result than previous cleans I have done. Still interested in other options as I think there is still room for improvement on the water spots
    Yeah, no good then. I found the exact product that was pictured in my local dollar store lol. Tiger paw is not a foam is it? I have a feeling it's a hard abrasive material. I almost bought one a while back, but at the time $100 was a little excessive, but if it works and lasts, then maybe not.

18. Post
    Aiming to try the bleach/water suggestion tonight if I can find some rubber gloves. I will probably look at tigers paw if this is ineffective.

Bunnings are advertising a product for $30 which is a little more palatable if budget constrained. Have not tried so certainly not recommending it.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/c-thru-wa...600g_p00178719

manufacturer link; www.c-thru.co.nz/

19. Post
    Really interested to see how it works out. We get massive amounts of calcium stains in our showers.

20. Post
    Can recommend the C-Thru Water Spot Remover, used it on a car windscreen that had water spots and couldn't get them off with anything else. Just don't try it on the paintwork!

21. Post
    icekayak wrote:
    Can recommend the C-Thru Water Spot Remover, used it on a car windscreen that had water spots and couldn't get them off with anything else. Just don't try it on the paintwork!
    So I tried this product with very positive results. But there is a big caveat, it requires a LOT of work to get a perfect result (I still haven't 100% finished). I have had two intensive cleaning sessions at maybe 15 to 20 minutes a pop and still needs another session I reckon. These weren't relaxed low effort cleaning either I was going hard and generating a fair amount of sweat. Shower looks mint and water spotting either gone completely where I worked hard or significantly reduced where I only lightly cleaned. I have tried many normal products from the supermarket and none of them have been effective at all on water spotting.

If your shower just has a glass door then I would 100% recommend this product with no reservations. If you have a large shower with multiple walls of glass as I do then I would still recommend but be prepared for a significant investment of time.

Purchased it for $27 at Bunnings.

22. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    So I tried this product with very positive results. But there is a big caveat, it requires a LOT of work to get a perfect result (I still haven't 100% finished). I have had two intensive cleaning sessions at maybe 15 to 20 minutes a pop and still needs another session I reckon. These weren't relaxed low effort cleaning either I was going hard and generating a fair amount of sweat. Shower looks mint and water spotting either gone completely where I worked hard or significantly reduced where I only lightly cleaned. I have tried many normal products from the supermarket and none of them have been effective at all on water spotting.

If your shower just has a glass door then I would 100% recommend this product with no reservations. If you have a large shower with multiple walls of glass as I do then I would still recommend but be prepared for a significant investment of time.

Purchased it for $27 at Bunnings.
    Came on here to post this product too. Worked wonders. I found the application pads were pathetic though, so I used a scrubbing brush, which made pretty light work of it. I got covered though and needed a shower afterwards!

23. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Came on here to post this product too. Worked wonders. I found the application pads were pathetic though, so I used a scrubbing brush, which made pretty light work of it. I got covered though and needed a shower afterwards!
    Yeah I went through 2 of them so far haha, and have two left. Interesting, What sort of brush? I guess a hard bristle scrubbing brush?

24. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Yeah I went through 2 of them so far haha, and have two left. Interesting, What sort of brush? I guess a hard bristle scrubbing brush?
    You can also buy their big pads and attach to power tools.
    http://www.c-thru.co.nz/cthru_water_...pplicationTool

25. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Yeah, I used this one. The handle makes it a little easier to use.