Star Citizen – Chris Roberts

Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.
(13 votes)

1. Post
    Orz wrote:
    p.s, X-Wing v.s Tie Fighter. I hear rumor that Lucasarts was recently hiring for "a space flight/combat sim" Praying it's true...
    In this era of Triple A games with large budgets having to be multi-platform, such a project from a large publisher won't turn out how you'd want it to be.

2. Post
    Yeah, deep down I know this...but I still pray for modern games to be the way they should be everytime

3. Post

4. Post
    The whole interview explaining Chris Roberts ideas:
    http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamesp..._panel20121010

5. Post
    I just shat my pants

6. Post
    That looks...quite good.

7. Post
    Love it.

Will spend money on one of the pre-order deals for sure.

http://backup-na.robertsspaceindustries.com/

One thing from the RPS article I really liked was this in regards to the pilot and cockpit modelling:

RPS wrote:
    ...presses buttons, pushes pedals and actually uses the systems around him. It’s modelled to the level that if his hand is away from the main controls to press a button, you’re temporarily unable to do anything else that hand is responsible for.

8. Post
    hell yes!

9. Post
    Foxman wrote:
    Love it.

Will spend money on one of the pre-order deals for sure.

http://backup-na.robertsspaceindustries.com/

One thing from the RPS article I really liked was this in regards to the pilot and cockpit modelling:
    Reckon this will be tricky.

Il2 CloD did this, anthropomorphic controls where it simulated working the cockpit using 2 hands. Had to disable it coz my stick jitters sometimes and locks out some controls.

Looking forward to clickable cockpit with 6DOF

10. Post
    Man why does 2014 have to be so far away. Not really keen on putting money down now for something 2 years away, so will probably just wait til release and buy it day 1.

11. Post
    Shut up and take my money!

12. Post
    smoo wrote:
    freelancer was boss
    It was indeed, people still play that shit. Me and a couple friends had it going over hamachi a few months ago.

13. Post
    I want it to be like Freelancer

14. Post
    Hopefully it has epic trading like privateer etc. loved that sim

Really buzzing about this title, huge space sim fan. Cmoooon Nov 2014!

Is anyone else having issue signing up on the RSI website?

15. Post
    Sounds like it will be a space MMO like Eve...but fun. Im ok with this

16. Post
    Roadskin wrote:
    Oh yay! If he announces a game that has the elements of his previous titles but with a good persistent online multiplayer...I'll preorder asap.
    What did I say? And now I'm going to give my money
    Roadskin

17. Post
    Wish I had money to give!!! Is there a time limit to the special pre-orders?

18. Post
    like a modern wc1 that is so the tiger claw, take my dam money!

19. Post
    Corruptfacta wrote:
    Wish I had money to give!!! Is there a time limit to the special pre-orders?
    Says on the website:
    Crowdfunding ends in 30 days

20. Post
    I've never been interested in games that pilot space craft etc. But this looks pretty cool

21. Post

Extended trailer

22. Post
    I just pledged a large amount of money into this game. I really hope it takes off.

23. Post
    Website is back up. Also, you can pledge small now and top up later if you want to.

24. Post
    Not sure if i want to get the Wingnut package or the Lancer. Might go for Wingnut, dogfighting going to be epic but not sure if they will nail what i want out of trading.