1. Post
    getting items cheaper in usa is not against the law. The companies can suck a cock as it is them simply trying to make more profits in other countries.

2. Post
    For the benefit of those that aren't signed up yet, so won't have got this email:

3. Post
    glad this was posted. Never heard of it. Quite a few things on that thinkgeek site look good. Really want to get a nom nom bib for the little ones.

edit - now conveniently gone from their ****ing website

4. Post
    Ordered a motherboard from ebay in the USA and getting it shipped via youshop, interested to see how much it will cost + delivery time as I order a fair bit from overseas.

5. Post
    Really keen great news.

6. Post
    silentreapr wrote:
    lol that was just a theory based on:

I said "looks like" as in that was my interpretation of what that sentence meant and not stone hard fact.
    can confirm, you declare your own value. Of course customs can re-value, but you do get to declare your own.

$26.78 NZD for signature required shipping for a motherboard bought from eBay.

Parcel value
    USD$150.00
    Parcel dimensions 31cm x 35cm x 8cm
    Parcel weight 1.3kg
    Volumetric weight 1.74kg

Cheaper than paying for international shipping with USPS etc.

7. Post
    This is awesome. Got a quote to send a MTB rear shock of $200 from a guy on pinkbike.com, just worked out the NZPost cost is only $31.50. Magic!

8. Post
    5loth wrote:
    can confirm, you declare your own value. Of course customs can re-value, but you do get to declare your own.
    ...and so there's only the issue of making a false declaration and getting a fine from customs to worry about there. $10,000, and possible criminal charges from memory.

And customs DO randomly (and not so randomly) pull invoices to check values as items go down the line at the International Mail Center, btw.

9. Post
    Ajkiwi wrote:
    ...and so there's only the issue of making a false declaration and getting a fine from customs to worry about there. $10,000, and possible criminal charges from memory.

And customs DO randomly (and not so randomly) pull invoices to check values as items go down the line at the International Mail Center, btw.
    Who said anything about making false declarations? Someone has to declare the value of the goods.

10. Post
    Ajkiwi wrote:

Can confirm this, having worked there. BUT it's not very often they do this and the items would need to stand out as potentially expensive. They're more interested in looking for drugs and illegal items on the xray.

11. Post
    YUS just in time for me to grab a few things before I travel. Woop.

12. Post
    Kiwibank Customers get 15% off

13. Post
    Mox wrote:
    What O_o

/another reason to move to Kiwibank

14. Post
    Mox wrote:
    customer aquired. GG Kiwibank

15. Post
    Sayonara wrote:
    What O_o

/another reason to move to Kiwibank
    This

16. Post
    Good lord. Why did I not read this read earlier.

17. Post
    looks like you don't have to be a kiwibank customer. only available till 31st december.

Shop on USA websites? Kiwibank cardholders who ship their parcels home with YouShop before 31 December 2012 get 15% off their first international shipment when they enter ‘Kiwibank10’ at the payment screen.

18. Post
    Any good computer shop that dont need a US credit card ?

19. Post
    Mox wrote:
    Any good computer shop that dont need a US credit card ?
    Amazon. even if you have to use 3rd party sellers that sell via Amazon. Amazon gladly accepts my NZ credit card. i was trying to get couple of these switches via tigerdirect, newegg etc and they either did not accept international credit card, were too expensive to ship to NZ or would not ship the product outside US. went to amazon, choose the same retailer that i was trying to buy off directly and had it shipped to youshop. now waiting for youshop to receive the package.

20. Post
    Parcel arrived, shipped from seller on the 9th, arrived at USA Warehouse on the 12th, departed USA on the 16th, delivered on the 25th.

21. Post
    5loth wrote:
    Parcel arrived, shipped from seller on the 9th, arrived at USA Warehouse on the 12th, departed USA on the 16th, delivered on the 25th.
    Total cost of shipping?

22. Post
    Zalman wrote:
    Total cost of shipping?
    $26.78 NZD for signature required courierpost delivery. Package was an ATX motherboard.

23. Post
    5loth wrote:
    $26.78 NZD for signature required courierpost delivery. Package was an ATX motherboard.
    Not bad! Ebay?

24. Post
    Yep.

25. Post
    Just confirming this Youshop thing works and is fast and cheap.

I ordered a brand new GoPro HD Hero2 from somewhere in the USA on 8th November, it took a few days to reach the US Youshop address and then it showed up on my door step first thing this morning. 12 days all up.

I received email updates about it's progress the entire time and it could not have been an easier process.

At $250 NZD delivered I also saved a fair bit on it compared to elsewhere. Trademe's best price is $350.

Thanks OP!