1. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    yep but again not all shops have that option + i've also heard some bad stories about youshop demanding receipts...
    that being said, at the end of the day, I would rather structure my package value to be less than 400 bucks than to go through the hassle and risk of under-declaration.

2. Post
    So I had to RMA my gpu and then get the gpu sent to US address(youshop) due to US warranty. Got email from Ecommerce NZPost clearance to pay the duties when parcel arrived in NZ 20 days ago. So I emailed them back explaining the RMA and sent the original receipts etc including RMA email. GPU stuck with nzpost customs broker for more than 17 days now. Their last email to me was 7 days ago.

Last time when I paid the duty, nzpost broker cleared everything within 2 days and were super responsive with emails. Now that I mentioned this is RMA where duties can be waived they do not want to reply. Any idea what to do?

3. Post
    NZ Post\Youshop are ****ing scum when it comes to GST. A pathetic attempt to try and insert themselves as a broker for goods under $1000 by charging $70 to send info to customs that you have to supply regardless. Had to ring customs to get the contact email address for entry charges because ****ing NZ post obfuscate the information about how to pay.

4. Post
    Does anyone know if YouShop fees are included in the total when calculating whether or not customs and duty fees need to be paid?

5. Post
    labcat wrote:
    Does anyone know if YouShop fees are included in the total when calculating whether or not customs and duty fees need to be paid?
    My understanding is the customs/duty fees are based off the invoice amount of the items. It doesn't include the youshop costs.

6. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    My understanding is the customs/duty fees are based off the invoice amount of the items. It doesn't include the youshop costs.
    I don't believe this is correct, the price that customs use is the landed fee including shipping costs

7. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I don't believe this is correct, the price that customs use is the landed fee including shipping costs
    ok, good to know. Do they get that from youshop/nzpost directly then?

8. Post
    Yep, even if you get free shipping, they want to know how much it cost, as it gets factored into the fees they charge.

9. Post
    Yeah you have supply proof for all costs. Fedex, USPS shits on NZ Post, they process duties like they should be processed ie 2 days max

10. Post
    Yeah sorry, glad it got clarified.

I got something sent recently because the company would only ship within the US (domestic shipping was free). Youshops rates are pretty high now, but when it arrived I just had to submit the original invoice, nothing from Youshop.

11. Post
    Man this is so ****ing triggering. 10 days since their last email to me. After that nothing, wtf kinda shit is this. Its national ****ing postal service of nz. Do they have no obligations to reply to customers or something?

12. Post
    YouShop warehouses will not send the following items:

* Food or perishable items

Does that include like cans of drink\Soda? I emailed them asking for clarification but got 3 replies all just robot parroting the same thing above and I couldn't get any clarification at all - id just hate to order a case of cans of non alcoholic drink and have them pack a mental and refuse to send it on

13. Post

14. Post
    harshsmith wrote:
    Man this is so ****ing triggering. 10 days since their last email to me. After that nothing, wtf kinda shit is this. Its national ****ing postal service of nz. Do they have no obligations to reply to customers or something?
    What happened in the end?